Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: No wonder the Postal Service is failing....  (Read 3942 times)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
Re: No wonder the Postal Service is failing....
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 12:00:22 PM »

I went to the North Dighton PO (versus the City of Taunton) as the woman that works there is always Pleasant and Helpful as well as efficient at keeping the lines moving!  rRght now, my bigger issue is with the USPS Processes.  I had another delivery (Priority Mail) envelop sent to a State office in CT.  I shipped it last Wednesday from the Post Office in Middletown, RI (before the "Alaska" shipment).   I also sent a package to the National Passport Center the same day that was delivered and web tracking confirms it.  The package to CT still has expected Delivery of 16 Dec but has not been updated in days.  HOWEVER, I know they received it as the check in the envelop has already cleared my bank with the state of CT endorsement on back.

Add that to JC's box and two out of three Priority Mail Shipments are inaccurately being reported and JC's went by way of Alaska!

To me, this adds up to a very inefficient system with very poor customer service SPECIFICALLY with regard to their web services, not the woman at the PO in N. Dighton.

On the survey, I hit them hard on the web services for tracking but also let them know that when I need to look up a zip code, the web service works great.  The problem is, which would you consider a more important capability?

Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 12:30:59 PM »

I've been fortunate not to have any problems with any of the three.  If I have a choice, I'll use UPS simply because of the better tracking, especially if I'm dealing with someone I don't know personally.  USPS tracking generally sucks, especially if shipping overseas.  My most recent experience was shipping to New Zealand...all I could get was a Customs tracking number, and never could tell that it got to the intended party.  The guy left feedback on Ebay...that's how I knew if actually got to him.  BTW...PayPal will hold your money for up to 21 days on stuff through Ebay now.  Not a big deal on items withing US or Canada, but in this case, the item was $150 and the shipping (via USPS) was $140, so my money was tied up for 21 days.  The upside was that it only cost $140 to New Zealand...by FAR the least expensive way to get it there.

I recently got a Fed Ex package delivered on Sunday!  They must be working 7 days a week during Xmas.  Fed Ex has always been good to me on the receiving end.

Going to the Post Office is never a fast trip...they are perpetually backed up, no matter which one I choose.  My Postlady is great though...goes out of her way to be friendly, and works really hard.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

kiwihog

• KIWIHOG
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red & Black
    • CVO2: 2007 FXSTDi NON CVO
    • CVO3: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2011, 01:08:30 PM »

I can beat that ordered tires thru Amazon they left Dallas TX went to Louisville KY then to Oakland CA then to Commerce city CO held up due to weather or natural disaster then to Fresno CA the final destination crazy thing they were less than 150 miles from me when they hiy Oakland these tires are gonna have 1000 miles on em before I even see them oh yeah UPS hoping she is delivering
Things I have had to buy because of this site 2.0 fullsac baffles, PV tuner, glare polish, floorboard extn, clearview w/shield, locking lower doors, motorcycle armour, bass ports in tourpac, Iron aces mount for Power Vision Tuner V&H Power duals
and not close to finished!!!

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2011, 07:53:08 PM »

Finally was Delivered on Friday. 23 Dec...per the USPS web tracking anyway!

Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2013, 05:01:00 PM »

I ordered some floorboard inserts for my buddy's birthday - for his new to him 2005 SEEG.  The existing ones have some pitting.  It's about the only thing he didn't replace when I went thru the bike for him a few months ago.  I ordered them on the June 13th.  His birthday was the 21st (he's out of town, so it really doesn't matter that they have not yet arrived).

Here's the USPS tracking of the delivery process...

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL 60007 June 23, 2013 11:28 am
Electronic Shipping Info Received  June 22, 2013 
Depart USPS Sort Facility OAK CREEK, WI 53154 June 16, 2013 

So they shipped from the Mother ship on June 15th (they sent me a notice of shipment), departed USPS Oak Creek, Wi. on June 16th, then departed the Elk Groove, IL sort facility on June 23rd! 7 days later!

Of course, they are shipped signature required - so somehow I have to guess what day they might arrive at my home, so I am sure to be around to sign for the shipment.  Arghhhhh....
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2013, 09:11:52 AM »

I ordered parts for the bike. Went on vacation, had mail stopped.

Have a confirmation for delivery during the mail hold.

Still have no parts
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2013, 07:02:07 PM »

UPS is not so great either.  Just had a new Colt pistol shipped from Texas to my hometown, where it 'fell off the truck' to never surface again.  I hate a thief and apparently more work at UPS than FedEx.  More reports of missing guns so that most shops will not use UPS for shipping them anymore.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2013, 07:52:11 PM »

:oops:

The common response from the UPS....as to their inability to make a profit has been as continues to be the fact that they are required by Congress to pump significant funds into their retirement account for future retirees.  too bad most all public unions through out the country and various states are not bound by the same requirements..........if so,  California, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, and many other states too....would mayb :confused5:e not be so "underfunded" with their retirement fund requirements and we're talking (By Billions in most cases).

Meanwhile,  the UPS answer as to why they are in "the hole"..............falls on it's face.   Their latest overall annual loss as I saw it,  was around 16 Billion dollars.  Of that sum,  around 11 billion was due to the "required" need for them to fund the retirement (pension) account. :nixweiss:

Hello............ :confused5:  Just using common math says to me,  erasing the mandated pension fund requirement would still leave the UPS SHORT profit wise of around 5 billion dollars. :-\

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2013, 08:02:24 PM »

Just think how many trips that The Obama family could take with 16 billion!!!
kb

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2013, 09:04:19 AM »

The common response from the UPS....as to their inability to make a profit has been as continues to be the fact that they are required by Congress to pump significant funds into their retirement account for future retirees.  too bad most all public unions through out the country and various states are not bound by the same requirements..........if so,  California, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, and many other states too....would mayb :confused5:e not be so "underfunded" with their retirement fund requirements and we're talking (By Billions in most cases).

Meanwhile,  the UPS answer as to why they are in "the hole"..............falls on it's face.   Their latest overall annual loss as I saw it,  was around 16 Billion dollars.  Of that sum,  around 11 billion was due to the "required" need for them to fund the retirement (pension) account. :nixweiss:

Hello............ :confused5:  Just using common math says to me,  erasing the mandated pension fund requirement would still leave the UPS SHORT profit wise of around 5 billion dollars. :-\

Not fair to lump UPS in with USPS  :nixweiss:

fedex - that could go out of business tomorrow for all I care. All the drivers here are private contractors in fedex uniforms that whine about deliveries.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2013, 09:24:11 AM »

Its USPS that congress is taking the money from, not UPS
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2013, 10:21:26 AM »

Yup,  I goofed up and left out a letter.  Obviously,  we're talking about the problems with the US Post Office and not Fed Ex or UPS.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2013, 12:58:08 PM »

I hate the blurring and blending of the delivery services.  I talked to a FEDEX delivery person a couple of weeks ago and they informed me that there are two separate divisions of FEDEX one is the original company and the other is like porthole stated....private contractors using FEDEX trucks and uniforms. You have to know if you are using FEDEX Express or standard FEDEX when on line placing a delivery order. One type will not accept the other's order and vice versa.
Then they also have a system where it can start out with FEDEX and give you a tracking number but then it says the package was turned over to local post office for delivery. That can slow things down too.
I haven't had any problems with UPS in this area. The post office seems to vary and the only thing I hate is my mailman won't just ring the doorbell once he loves to push it many times and doesn't give you time to walk to the door. I want to rig up a pepper spray unit so it fires off after two rings.... :huepfenlol2:

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2013, 02:17:40 PM »

From my under standing, normal FedEx (red) are employees.  FedEx ground (green), etc are private contractors and the companies are separate.

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2013, 08:23:51 PM »

Another tid-bit. How can the USPS fail with these prices? I mailed a tire USPS from NC to Va, less than 400 mi.....$22.74. A friend of mine sent me a bigger one FedEx from Ca to NC, more than 2500 mi.....$21.35. Go figure
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 08:44:12 AM by 2ksoftail »
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.22 seconds with 20 queries.