Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Driving Lamps that look like they belong on a CVO  (Read 2389 times)

nevadabob

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010
Re: Driving Lamps that look like they belong on a CVO
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 12:45:19 AM »

This is the Lamp and bracket ready to install.
Nevadabob

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 09:16:17 AM »

This is the bulb I used it fits into a Kuryakyn style turn signal bezel (smoked) perfect fit. This all fit into the Harley Davidson turn signal housing and connecting base.

Are the lights bright enough with the smoked lens? Who did you order the bulbs from, I don't see a company name anywhere. I thought the bezel looked like Kuryakyn i have them on my front and rear turn signals with LED's

One more question, the led bulbs they just push in and turn to lock in place, Right?

Again Thanks,

Dan
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 10:01:18 AM »

This is the Lamp and bracket ready to install.
RUH ROH.. This dont look good .. Gettin down on the floor to work ... LOL

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2012, 12:05:30 PM »

Are the lights bright enough with the smoked lens? Who did you order the bulbs from, I don't see a company name anywhere. I thought the bezel looked like Kuryakyn i have them on my front and rear turn signals with LED's

One more question, the led bulbs they just push in and turn to lock in place, Right?

Again Thanks,

Dan
These look like MR16 bulbs, which fit into a bi-pin socket.  I do not believe they will fit the stock socket, but MR16 sockets are cheap and readily available.  It appears from the description that these bulbs do not have a very high lumen output.  If you could find the ones that Motolights uses, they are 200 lumens with a 25 degree beam spread; each bulb has 4 LED's, probably 3W each, for a total of 12W for each light.  Of course, you could always buy from them, but they are $120.00 per pair.  I've looked and can't seem to find the ones they use from other sources; this type of bulb can usually be purchased from $30-40 from numerous sources, I just cannot seem to find the right ones.
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2012, 01:27:16 PM »

Have halogen MR16s in the new small spotlights from headwinds.  When considering getting LEDs instead found all what Scrm just mentioned above.  Various beam pattens.  But even the "spotlight" patterns weren't high lumen lights by the standards we need for "bright."  They are very much lights that will help you be seen more than they'll help you see.  Both important purposes.  But the MR16 LEDs I reviewed would all be much better at the former than the latter.

nevadabob

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 09:39:43 PM »

The receptacle for the bulb is a stab in about 2 bucks, the bulb is a stab in, no problem with movement or placement as it fit tight in the Kury Bezel. Smoke glass is not an issue still very bright. The Bulb is 330 lumen and draws 395 millamps and low heat. I use the 24 degree beam and the light appears to give me the extra I need to see well. I will get a set of 15 degree beams to see if I notice a difference. I have the lamps built into a cam on the mount to raise or lower the direction of the beam so as not to kill the on coming traffic. I could get a 700 or 900 lumen lamp but the cost would be nuts, at least to me.
Nevadabob
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 20 queries.