Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: A Radar detector that makes a good fit  (Read 1932 times)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: A Radar detector that makes a good fit
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 08:59:52 PM »

I am interested to see how it works for you.. I found mixed reviews....but I guess with any product there will be some negative feedback.

http://www.amazon.com/Whistler-Cruisader-Motorcycle-Radar-Detection/product-reviews/B000ALGNGO/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt/177-0052881-3303271?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

nevadabob

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 08:31:30 AM »

This is the second one I have had over two bikes. Total miles so far 73,000 coast to coast and Canada/Mexico zero tickets and quick rides always bumping the speed limits. The LED keeps me on notice, yet can be more than I need sometimes in Highway mode. This best test result I remember is a trip through  Arizona two lane road, fast and fun with a few small rises just enough not to be able to see over, and following a car. As the car had just topped the rise my Laser when nuts and I slowed, then just a I hit the rise I saw why, a Trooper was lighting us up from a lower position and pulled the car over just after we passed. Now with Laser, mind you with  Laser this is most likely  the only time you can beat it. Because Laser has almost no warning as it is on and off and at the target. I can only guess that the Trooper was lighting up the car at the top of the rise and I was able to detect the hit. Any other time it has been tag your it and I must have been at the correct speed. They have a hemet notifier, but I have never bought it. It is meant to be a handle bar mount but it is ugly and has a ton of wires coming out of it, I do not recommend mounting it in the open.
Nevadabob

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2012, 09:26:40 AM »

Mounting is another issue.......I have and '11 SESG so I have 2 tweeters in the dash and volt and oil pressure gauges. I was thinking of removing the voltmeter since the unit has one built in, but I am not sure how it will look. Can't do what you did since I have speakers in my lowers.

nevadabob

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2012, 09:48:37 AM »

I would change it out with the Air Temp gage it is junk anyway, and the Detector has Temp readout built in. I you do I would can the Bezel to chrome, it will turn out of the body, you can the company for instructions. I just would like it to match better.

Nevadabob

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 10:58:41 AM »

I would change it out with the Air Temp gage it is junk anyway, and the Detector has Temp readout built in. I you do I would can the Bezel to chrome, it will turn out of the body, you can the company for instructions. I just would like it to match better.

I don't have an air temp gauge.....a 2011 FLHXSE2 only has voltmeter and oil pressure. The other 2 spots have tweeters in them. The fuel gauge was relocated to the tank.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 12:27:48 PM »

The laser mount you have on the front of the bike, isnt that supposed to be mounted in the rear while the black box is mounted behind the fairing?   

In my installations I could never see the light fast enough had it inserted into the inner fairing and all and still would miss it going off.   Personally I need sound, I even bought the remote led that attaches to the helmet and still had issues.

We replaced the air temp gauge with the face you have in the glove box worked well like that.   Had it on the 07 SEUC and still have it on the 04 pumpkin.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 12:30:11 PM »

The laser mount you have on the front of the bike, isnt that supposed to be mounted in the rear while the black box is mounted behind the fairing?   

In my installations I could never see the light fast enough had it inserted into the inner fairing and all and still would miss it going off.   Personally I need sound, I even bought the remote led that attaches to the helmet and still had issues.

We replaced the air temp gauge with the face you have in the glove box worked well like that.   Had it on the 07 SEUC and still have it on the 04 pumpkin.

But where would you put it on the '11??

nevadabob

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2012, 09:25:42 PM »

The Laser is for targeting ahead, I guess you face the backwards direction, if that is the question. this model has no rear facing coverage.
Nevadabob
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 20 queries.