Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Fullsac, TTS, CFRs---UPDATED  (Read 17279 times)

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
Re: Fullsac, TTS, CFRs
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 09:05:54 PM »

I thought that the cfr's now come with torque tubes built in, to cure any tuning problems.

True or False ?

Maybe Larry B will give us the scoop

CVOmedic

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Street Glide Slate Gray/Black
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 09:13:47 PM »

Awesome feedback guys.  Has anyone looked into increasing the back pressure with "torque cones"?  I have read A LOT of posts that talk about the back pressure issue with these mufflers and was trying to be proactive in finding solutions.  I actually spoke with Paul Yaffe at bagger nation and asked him about these CFRs as he had installed them on one of his custom bikes.  Even after having debaffled them, he said they had no problems tuning them.  He did say they were using a zippers tuner I believe but I was pretty amazed that even after debaffleing these things that there was no stated issues with back pressure considering how open these pipes are to begin with.

After listening to these pipes and now with the new fluted tips I would really like to give them a shot but if the performance really suffers then it may be on to plan B...

Quick question about the TTS...is the autotune feature integrated into the TTS mastertune or is autotune a separate module that has to be added to the mastertune?

Thanks again!

CVOmedic

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 09:21:05 PM »

@Bubblehead- I had heard the same thing that Cary had FINALLY created some type of new baffle or torque cone for his newer pipes.  I have yet been able to really confirm this but I will say the pictures of the newer pipes show different "guts" inside the pipe.  If this is the case, I wonder if the exhaust note has changed....

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 09:24:57 PM »

If they dont have the torque cones installed (I think they do now) it is easy to add them. I would still think they would sound awesome   :nixweiss:

YPGuy

• 2016 CVO FLHXSE (Carbon Crystal)
    • OH

• CVO1: 2010 CVO FLSTSE (Crimson Red)
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO FLHXSE3 (Black Diamond)
    • CVO3: 2016 CVO FLHXSE (Carbon Crystal)
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 10:19:58 PM »

Who are a few online dealers the sell the CFR Slip-Ons that are recommended?

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 10:23:08 PM »

I believe Larry B on this site is a vender for cfr's, might send him a PM

CVOmedic

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2012, 10:27:48 PM »

I have found them on BikerImage and Harley Direct.  The later of the 2 had the best price on them as well as carrying what appears to be the newest model.  I know some of the HD dealerships stock and sell them as well.  The Cary Faas Website is undergoing construction, which I have to say, for what seems like an entire year that site has been under development.  I have never been able to find any information on these mufflers from the actual manufacturer.

CVOmedic

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2012, 10:29:48 PM »

Thanks Bubblehead!  I will see if I can track him down.  Hopefully he will see this tread.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2012, 12:23:15 PM »

Quick question about the TTS...is the autotune feature integrated into the TTS mastertune or is autotune a separate module that has to be added to the mastertune?

Thanks again!

There is no Autotune function or capability with the TTS Mastertune.  The TTS gives you the capability of doing V Tune, which is very effective, if you need it.  It's basically hooking up your laptop to the ECM and taking a few rides to datalog, then make adjustments based on that.  The canned map provided with the Fullsac Stage I makes my bike run just fine, so I haven't messed with the V Tune, but from my reading, it doesn't seem too complicated to do yourself.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2012, 02:41:23 PM »

Anyone that decides to try the CFR mufflers with the Fullsac X-pipe, Mastertune or the new Tmax system, please post your results as well as a sound clip.  I love the sound of those CFR's, but I also had bikes that ran at about 90% and that 10% got to be frustrating.  I like my Fullsac set up, the bike runs great, fantastic throttle response, good sound...but not as good as those CFR's, however, I don't want to deal with minor annoyances either!
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

CVOmedic

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2012, 10:19:00 PM »

I will definitely post any and all findings with this set up.  It may be a month or so (purchasing these upgrades with my tax return)  But I will be sure to post whatever info I can come up with.  I found an online pdf of the instruction manual for the TTS, and I have to say it was like watching paranormal activity....it scared the crap out of me!  LOL...

I am FAR from being any kind of mechanic or tuner and I'll say for half of that instruction manual I might as well been trying to read hieroglyphics!  I am most definitely gonna need some help with this tuning thing!

glens

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2012, 10:54:19 PM »

There is no Autotune function or capability with the TTS Mastertune.  The TTS gives you the capability of doing V Tune, which is very effective, if you need it. .. The canned map provided with the Fullsac Stage I makes my bike run just fine, so I haven't messed with the V Tune

If you're running a canned calibration, you surely need a v-tune at least to some extent, if even only a minor one.  Correct, there is no "auto-tune" involved with the system, but the Delphi ECM has an "auto-maintain-tune" capability if you're utilizing its closed-loop functionality.  Perhaps the best way to visualize what you're doing by v-tuning your canned calibration is to think of it as centering-up the ECM's adaptability range so you have maximum headroom at your disposal.

but from my reading, [v-tune] doesn't seem too complicated to do yourself.

If you're halfway adept at controlling a computer program and at controlling the bike's throttle it most certainly is not too complicated to do yourself.  You'll never get in over your head with help available, usually within hours at the most, right here on this forum or at harleytechtalk.org (it's okay to say that here, right?).

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2012, 11:11:24 AM »

Glens...part of the reason I have not attempted a V tune on the bike is because my old laptop's battery was suspect and on it's last legs.  I have a new, smaller, more portable laptop now, so will likely give it a shot when the weather returns to more "normal" riding conditions down here in Alabama, ie. hot as hades.

I do understand that a little tweaking may be of some benefit, but the bike runs so well with the canned map, I'll be surprised if I feel any significant difference in engine behavior.  I am not a subscriber to the "every engine is completely different" school of thought when all that's been done is adding a pipe and baffles to a stock motor, and that motor does not have any issues like excessive oil consumption, flat spots in throttle response, decel popping, etc.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2012, 11:38:10 AM »

Glens...part of the reason I have not attempted a V tune on the bike is because my old laptop's battery was suspect and on it's last legs.  I have a new, smaller, more portable laptop now, so will likely give it a shot when the weather returns to more "normal" riding conditions down here in Alabama, ie. hot as hades.

I do understand that a little tweaking may be of some benefit, but the bike runs so well with the canned map, I'll be surprised if I feel any significant difference in engine behavior.  I am not a subscriber to the "every engine is completely different" school of thought when all that's been done is adding a pipe and baffles to a stock motor, and that motor does not have any issues like excessive oil consumption, flat spots in throttle response, decel popping, etc.

One of the reasons I think I will probably stay pat is that the previous owner of my bike from this site has it dialed in perfectly.  He rode around with the cable attached sittling in the tourpak and made adjustments as he rode.  I was floored with the throttle response and the over all performance.  I changed and went with the 2.25 baffle but before I did, I checked with Steve to see if anything needed to be adjusted or I probably would have passed on that change too!  My 2010 never ran 100%, I always had something that was just short of my expectations and that was annoying!
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

CVOmedic

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2012, 12:46:38 PM »

Sounds like this tuning thing may not be all toooooo difficult...I guess its just the ignorance I have about the the language used when tuning.  Oh..and I apologize about the confusion, when I stated autotune earlier I was in fact referring to the vTune function.

It looks like I should be able to vTune rather simply, its alllllllll the other adjustments that I have no clue on...

Has anyone else made a lot of adjustments to the other editable fields with the TTS, or had everyone pretty much stuck with those canned calibrations and simply run the vTune a few times?

Like I said, I know very little about these motors and I really do not want to make any changes to fields that I do not understand, however, the more I read about the vTune, it seems pretty straight forward.  I am sure that I will have a ton more questions once my bike arrives and I get everything installed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 20 queries.