Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: Fullsac, TTS, CFRs---UPDATED  (Read 17321 times)

11UltraSE6

• 2011.5 SEUC

• CVO1: 2011.5 SEUC
Re: Fullsac, TTS, CFRs
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2012, 10:08:18 AM »

I have the X-pipe, TTS, and CFR's. Tried the CFR's with just the OEM head pipe and it sounded good and improved throttle response somewhat but wanted more. I installed the Vance and Hines throttle pack also to get rid of the throttle lag. Fullsac told me to remove V and H throttle pack when I installed X-pipe and TTS. Bike sounded much, much better. Deep tone. Not rough. Just Ballsy for lack of better words. Kicked the crap out of my Rush 2.5's I had.

Developed Popping on decel after gunning the throttle and the throttle lag was back. Not alot of popping just enough to piss me off. Figured I needed to address the back pressure issue. Got torque cones coming to hopefully resolve popping. Re-installed throttle pack also. Throttle lag is gone. When I install torque cones I'll repost and update the popping issue.

Overall install of whole system was pretty simple and enjoyed ice cold brewskis while I did it. I recommend the set up even with the popping. Sounds to good to change.
Combat Veterans of America MC

YPGuy

• 2016 CVO FLHXSE (Carbon Crystal)
    • OH

• CVO1: 2010 CVO FLSTSE (Crimson Red)
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO FLHXSE3 (Black Diamond)
    • CVO3: 2016 CVO FLHXSE (Carbon Crystal)
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2012, 10:34:40 AM »

How loud is the CFR compared to V&H Hi Output or the monster rounds and the 4in Rinehart's?

From what I have read listed loudest
1. CFR
2. V&H Hi Output
3. Rinehart's 4in
4. V&H Monster Rounds
5. Fullsac Baffles

What was Fullsacs reasoning for having you remove the throttle pack?

Thanks

Bryan

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2012, 11:08:38 AM »

How loud is the CFR compared to V&H Hi Output or the monster rounds and the 4in Rinehart's?

From what I have read listed loudest
1. CFR
2. V&H Hi Output
3. Rinehart's 4in
4. V&H Monster Rounds
5. Fullsac Baffles

What was Fullsacs reasoning for having you remove the throttle pack?

Thanks

Bryan

More than likey, "redundancy"
 8)
HOGMIKE

11UltraSE6

• 2011.5 SEUC

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2012, 11:12:10 AM »

Bryan,
 I would agree with your ratings as numbered. As far as the throttle pack I installed it prior to installing the x-pipe and TTS tune. I asked fullsac about this when I was ordering my x-pipe. They said take it off and the TTS tune would take care of the throttle lag experienced by the throttle by wire HD's. Well not in my case. The throttle lag I'm talking about is the initial throttle used for instance from a stop light. The cough or catch up needed. The throttle pack resolved that issue. Nothing against fullsac either their system is great but I plan on using the throttle pack and the TTS

Matt

YPGuy

• 2016 CVO FLHXSE (Carbon Crystal)
    • OH

• CVO1: 2010 CVO FLSTSE (Crimson Red)
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO FLHXSE3 (Black Diamond)
    • CVO3: 2016 CVO FLHXSE (Carbon Crystal)
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2012, 11:35:35 AM »

Thanks, I was considering trying the throttle pack myself on a 2012 CVO Street Glide with Fuel Moto's Pipe.

Bryan

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2012, 12:01:43 PM »

With the TTS and a proper MAP there should absolutely be no need for some fuel adding device like a Throttlepack.  IMO, the Throttlepack is a waste of money when you have a tuning device that is LIGHT YEARS ahead of it.  I would suggest that you talk to Steve at Fullsac and see if there is something he can suggest to solve your throttle lag issue, and the decel popping.  Running some V Tune runs will likely solve the problem, or in a worst case, taking it to a tuner that is good with the TTS.  The V&H Throttlepack is nothing more than a device that operates like changing the jets out in a carburetor and is akin to working on your bike with a pair of channel locks and a screwdriver when you have a full socket set and torque wrenches.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

glens

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2012, 01:27:27 PM »

The Throttlepack does nothing for fueling.  It goes between the harness and the throttle plate motor.  It's not needed if there's a TTS for the bike.  All that needs done is adjusting the "Throttle Blade Control" table in the calibration.

I consider it's pretty balsy to market or use an external device which goes between your wrist, the ECM, and the throttle motor.  In this case "the less the merrier" has got to be the most prudent course of action.

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2012, 01:53:49 PM »

Bryan,
 I would agree with your ratings as numbered. As far as the throttle pack I installed it prior to installing the x-pipe and TTS tune. I asked fullsac about this when I was ordering my x-pipe. They said take it off and the TTS tune would take care of the throttle lag experienced by the throttle by wire HD's. Well not in my case. The throttle lag I'm talking about is the initial throttle used for instance from a stop light. The cough or catch up needed. The throttle pack resolved that issue. Nothing against fullsac either their system is great but I plan on using the throttle pack and the TTS

Matt

I had that problem with my 2010 SEUC and Thundermax tuner, and it's very frustrating.  They kept telling me to check the pins to make sure there was no corrosion.....it was a brand new fricking bike!  So much for customer service and a valuable tech support.  This bike has the TTS mastertune and my throttle resonse is like no other bike I have owned.  Like the threads above say, you don't need the throttle pack, spend your money on something else or donate it ti ME!
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

11UltraSE6

• 2011.5 SEUC

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2012, 09:11:50 AM »

Glens, Rio Midnight,

Thanks for the comments. Looks like I need to dig into the TTS and eliminate the Throttle pack.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2012, 09:55:04 AM »

Glens, Rio Midnight,

Thanks for the comments. Looks like I need to dig into the TTS and eliminate the Throttle pack.

If you are searching for a "plug and play" sort of install, try one of the vendors on here.
I know of at least 2 who will sell the product and provide a map so close that you will probably be happy enough to leave it as is.
This is from personal experience on a few bikes I have here.
Good luck, and let us know how you fare!
 8)
HOGMIKE

hdctss

• Senior CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE, 2013 FLHTCUSE8 - both traded
    • CVO3: 2009 FLHTCUSE4, 2007 FLHTCUSE2 - both traded
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2012, 07:47:39 PM »

i don't know about back pressure but i had pretty good dyno numbers for and exhaust change to the hi output vance and hines
2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary Odyssey Blue
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire with Dragontail Graphics (traded)
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Silver/Slate and Titanium (traded)
2009 FLHTCUSE4 Silver/Blue (traded)
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red (traded)

CVOmedic

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Street Glide Slate Gray/Black
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2012, 11:40:33 PM »

THE BIKE IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!  Picked her up from the dealer yesterday and I have been grinning from ear to ear since! This bike is insane, especially coming off a metric!!!!  Will be sure to post pics real soon!!!  Now its just a matter of waiting on my tax refund so I can get her all set up.

CVO FF

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Ultra Classic Riptide Blue/ Titanium Dust
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2012, 09:08:15 PM »

Congrats on the new ride.
Fullsac X pipe
Fullsac 2.0 power cores
TTS w/Fullsac Map
HD SE Ventilator
Anderson Tour Pack Extender
EZ up center stand
House of Hawgs LED tourpack light
Zumo 660

CVOmedic

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Street Glide Slate Gray/Black
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2012, 11:52:21 PM »

Matt,

Please lemme know the outcome with the torque cones.  Also, which ones did you order?

bloper123

• Full CVO Member
  • Wheel weight came loose. I have a dented fender.

• CVO1: 2011 1/2 Screaming Eagle serial#9987
Re: Fullsac, TTS,
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2012, 10:18:29 AM »

Hello   I need someone in these area Jackson mississippi to but on and tune a TTS tuner ,  i need a place to take it to get it tuned for i cannt do it, i will buy the TTS if i can get in installed and tuned. I am run Fullsac And V&H headers with a V&H throttlepack and not happy with tune , back firing, lack throttle, slow acceleration when running tho gears. i need a tuner around this area or 200 miles that can inst my TTS.  Thanks for eny Help?????
bobby
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 20 queries.