Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Fullsac, TTS, CFRs---UPDATED  (Read 17275 times)

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
Re: Fullsac, TTS, CFRs---UPDATED
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2012, 09:49:40 PM »

Glad you are happy with your set up!

I thought the "c" x-pipe was designed for the bigger 120" motor?  :nixweiss:

YELLOWBIRD
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2012, 10:05:23 PM »

I believe it was and then it turned out to work extremely well on the 110.

CVOmedic

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Street Glide Slate Gray/Black
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2012, 10:21:30 PM »

Now that we all got the B pipe , here comes the C that's better !
Would have been nice to know that a new model was on the drawing board before buying the B pipe a few months ago

Figures don't it...

Eh, that doesnt' really bother me too much though....If we waited around for the next newest and coolest thing, we would all sit around and never buy anything.  There is always something new on the horizon.  But I will agree it sucks when that new thing rolls out just after you bought the now "old" thing..lol

CVOmedic

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2012, 10:31:21 PM »

I believe it was and then it turned out to work extremely well on the 110.

Finally found some threads on it.  Looks like you are correct.  Appears the C pipe was initially built to cater to the 120s and up but they found it worked very well on the 110s.  I will be slightly aggravated if it turns out this C pipe will help my problem, simply because I will hate going through the tear down and install process again.  But, if a good tune doesn't fix the problem, I may have to tear them loose anyway to install some type of torque device.

Kinda surprised though that there is nothing on their website about it though.  Also, when I called to order the parts I was not asked to pick between the 2.  May simply be that the C pipe is not being distributed yet.  Dunno...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 11:24:52 PM by CVOmedic »

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2012, 06:50:01 PM »

I'm not sure the C pipe is "in production" yet.  It would have to make a significant difference for me to be concerned about changing to it over the B pipe...as in >5 ft. lbs of TQ.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

CVOmedic

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2012, 07:55:27 PM »

Well, here we are at the end of a long journey with my first upgrades...

I had the bike dyno tuned today with the TTS mastertune by a tuner that used to work for DOC (yeah, I was too chicken to try and do it myself).  The result is...100 Max HP; 122 Max TQ.  From what I have read I think these are pretty decent numbers and the HP/TQ curves look pretty good.

They spend about 4-5 hours tuning the bike and at the end of the day it turns out they deceided not to add the BCT thunder monster baffles.  Ben told me that after looking at the CFRs, there is in fact a baffle in the front of the pipe and adding the BCT would probably cause too much backpressure to be generated.

The bike runs very well and the power really comes on at 3000 RPM.  Ben told me that if I wanted to get some better low end torque, then a cam job would be the next best step.  He said for what I have into the bike, it is performing extremely well, if not at it's best with this set up.

I will say that I noted a bit of heat return on the right side after the dyno and that overall I am running slightly rich throughout the range.  That may be the cause of the increased heat.  The popping on Decel is gone and I have great response off the line.  As soon as I can, I am going to save the map they created and take a good look at it.  Will definitly like to hear some feedback on whatever changes they made to the bike.

We are leaving for Daytona this Friday and I will be able to give a much better detailed report when I get back.  I will also post some sound clips and dyno chart if I can figure out how...lol

Thanks to everyone who had some input into my decisions and was there to answer a ton of questions!!!

gabe

• because i can
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2012, 08:11:23 PM »

Well, here we are at the end of a long journey with my first upgrades...

I had the bike dyno tuned today with the TTS mastertune by a tuner that used to work for DOC (yeah, I was too chicken to try and do it myself).  The result is...100 Max HP; 122 Max TQ.  From what I have read I think these are pretty decent numbers and the HP/TQ curves look pretty good.

They spend about 4-5 hours tuning the bike and at the end of the day it turns out they deceided not to add the BCT thunder monster baffles.  Ben told me that after looking at the CFRs, there is in fact a baffle in the front of the pipe and adding the BCT would probably cause too much backpressure to be generated.

The bike runs very well and the power really comes on at 3000 RPM.  Ben told me that if I wanted to get some better low end torque, then a cam job would be the next best step.  He said for what I have into the bike, it is performing extremely well, if not at it's best with this set up.

I will say that I noted a bit of heat return on the right side after the dyno and that overall I am running slightly rich throughout the range.  That may be the cause of the increased heat.  The popping on Decel is gone and I have great response off the line.  As soon as I can, I am going to save the map they created and take a good look at it.  Will definitly like to hear some feedback on whatever changes they made to the bike.

We are leaving for Daytona this Friday and I will be able to give a much better detailed report when I get back.  I will also post some sound clips and dyno chart if I can figure out how...lol

Thanks to everyone who had some input into my decisions and was there to answer a ton of questions!!!
 i like to buy those baffles if you want to sell
2009 ultra black
1962 impala 409/ 4 speed /posi rear/ 2 4 barrels

CVOmedic

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2012, 08:25:25 PM »

Actually, I never had to purchase them since they deceided not to install them (I was getting them from Ben on-site).  Worked out well and saved me a little $.

gabe

• because i can
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2012, 08:34:16 PM »

doc tuned mine this weekend 95 hp/119 tq i have the knockoffs and i made a baffle for them   with fullsac b pipe
ran back to nc from florida 2 up did 255 miles on a tank
2009 ultra black
1962 impala 409/ 4 speed /posi rear/ 2 4 barrels

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2012, 10:26:02 PM »

CVOMedic, sounds like great numbers to me. As long as you have plenty of torque from a stand still I'd say ride the hell out of that bad boy. Glad it has worked out for you  :2vrolijk_21:

Fire-Medic

• Full CVO Member
  • Bad Monkey

• CVO1: 2012 CVO RGC "Dirty Skunk"
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2012, 05:22:35 PM »

CVO medic- Those are good numbers for your setup, I am a little confused about them telling you to change cams if you want more TQ on the bottom end, as the CVO bikes have 255 cams that come on very early as is......

Any update on how the bike is running after riding it some?

Thanks
FM

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #86 on: November 23, 2012, 08:03:13 AM »

CVO medic- Those are good numbers for your setup, I am a little confused about them telling you to change cams if you want more TQ on the bottom end, as the CVO bikes have 255 cams that come on very early as is......

Any update on how the bike is running after riding it some?

Thanks
FM
How did the Fullsac/CFR results pan out? Is the low end torque loss resolved??

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

doublerunner

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Road Glide Rio Red/Ember Black
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2012, 02:14:56 PM »

CVOmedic could you give us an update on how things are running now that you have had that setup for a while?
-------------------------------------
Enjoy the Journey

CVOmedic

• Junior CVO Member

Re: Fullsac, TTS, CFRs---UPDATED-1/19/2013
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2013, 01:03:02 AM »

WOOOOWWWWW...Man it has been a long time since I have been able to get back to the forum!  For anyone who was following this thread, I truly apologize!  It has just been one thing after another...see below...and getting back to the forum has eluded me.

Well, hope you guys have some time on your hands to read this one, it has been quite the year!  Sooooo...picking up where I left off, I had the TTS mastertune installed along with the X-pipe and CFR slip-ons.  After having the bike dyno tuned I was able to get back a good deal of the power (torque) lost after the install.  I took the bike down to Daytona and she ran great.  The tune that Ben's shop put on the bike has most of the power coming on around 3300 rpm.  Low end is decent, but once I hit that 3000 mark, she hunkers down and takes off.  Down and back to Daytona, I noticed I was getting slightly less mpg than stock, but I am sure running 90 mph for hours on end may have had something to do with that.  The sound is still amazing and even though I would like for exhaust to be slightly louder, I have come to be very satisfied.  I get compliments daily.

Now, while getting ready to leave for Daytona, I noticed a couple of new things: 1. My saddlebags were leaking.  Nothing terrible, but I knew if I got caught in the rain I would take on some water.  I took the bike to HD and they applied a sealant around the speakers which corrected the problem.  I have not seen a drop inside the bag since. 2. One of my new CFR pipes were blued.  It appears that during the tune, enough heat was transferred to the muffler which caused it to discolor in two places; at the neck where it connects to the header and right in the center of the muffler.  I don't know if this was due to irresposible tuning or a defect in the muffler.  I contacted direct harley parts where I purchased the mufflers and it seems that CFR does not like to speak to customers one-on-one.  I had to relay everything through DHP and was finally able to get an RMA #.  I have not sent the pipe back yet and honestly not sure if I will.  I moved  it to the other side of the bike where the discoloration is not visible and may just leave it be.  Frustration was really starting to get to me.

While riding to and from daytona, I noticed that I had a good deal of heat coming off the motor even after the header, exhaust and tuner/dyno upgrades.  The bike would go into parade mode on the regular while riding the strip in daytona.  I am not sure if there is some tuning that still needs to be done or what.  Most everyone I have spoken to tells me that these motors just run hot as hell and not to worry about it.  But after talking to folks here, it seems as though there should be a solution to the heat problem which would not include loosing power or torque.  Also, after the tune, I noticed that I no longer had direct control over the heat management system.  Every time I roll the throttle forward to engage it, the cruise light turns from amber to green but when I roll the throttle forward again, it turns from amber to green AGAIN (as if I had never engaged it to begin with).  I am assuming that this function is now controlled by the TTS as, whether or not I manually engage the heat management system, it will kick on when the engine begins to run hot.

On a side note with the heat, I rode with my PC hooked up so that I could record the temperatures, and at Idle (after going out on a short ride in cool temps) I was hitting around 330 degrees.  The bike when into parade mode and the increase in temp slowed down, but continued to climb.  Again, I do not know what is normal for these motors but I really wanna know what the deal is.

Shortly after returning from daytona, we were out on a local ride when a fellow rider rear ended me.  I nearly threw up.  The damage was fairly minor but it just made me sick to know I hadn't had this bike for 5 months and now had an accident.  I won't get into the details of the entire ordeal but ALMOST 7 MONTHS LATER I finally have a new fender and fender extension.  I will say however that the delay in repairs had nothing to do with the person that hit me.  This was the worst customer experience I have ever had to endure.  Fortunately, the damage did not keep the bike from running.  I was still able to get out and about, but oh how sick I got every time I had to walk around the backside of my bike.

CVOmedic

• Junior CVO Member

Re: Fullsac, TTS, CFRs---UPDATED-1/20/2013
« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2013, 01:04:13 AM »

Shortly after the wreck, we were off to partake in the Key West Poker Run.  We rode in a lot of rain and had no problems with the bike or the saddlebags.  Bike ran great with no problems, but the heat off the motor continued to be a bit of an issue.  So much so that riding in shorts was not an option.  I literally suffered some minor burns on my right calf from the heat.  With jeans on, it was not so bad.  I have been toying with the idea of contacting Ben again, but I really do not want to look like a fool asking him about a re-tune.  I also hesitate to ask them for help because shortly after I got the bike back, I realized that I could not see the actual tune they did with the TTS software.  I called and asked for the original file and they seemed quite unhappy that I was wanting it.  I explained that I was just trying to learn about these bikes and the whole tuning thing and was finally able to get them to email it to me (of course after being warned that any changes made would void their warranty on the tune).  That's cool, I can completely understand that, but I was never able to get an explanation of what exactly a tune warranty covered.   

Like a lot of others, I still have probs with my iPod connection.  Nothing different from what others have stated, but man is it annoying when stacked on-top of everything else.

I can't remember if I posted an update on the other replacement parts I had to have ordered (front fairing and one saddlebag) but I will include that here as well.  The fairing was damaged on delivery and the saddlebag had a paint defect.  Both were supposedly ordered shortly after I took possession of the bike.  Well, they weren't and if I had not followed up as much as I did, I may have received them about the same time I got my new rear fender!  Both arrived and were installed without complication and look great.  That said, I still have a couple of paint flaws on my tank, but I am just gonna live with them as I am done with trying to get painted parts from the MoCo.

Back to the exhaust system...
To sum up, great value, great sound, good performance.  The only other thing I have noticed is, like a few others, I have almost all of the exhaust "air" coming out of the right tailpipe.  There is a HUGE difference in expelled gas noted between the two pipes, not only in the volume of air being expelled but in the temperature of the air as well.  I have checked for leaks, loose fittings, everything I can think of to explain the difference.  The only other thing I can think of is: A. Its normal, or B. something to do with the tune.  I have read that some others have experienced this, but have been unable to find what the cause or solution was.

And that brings us to today...Aside from constantly worrying about the heat and tune, which I have actually gotten a little better about, I am looking to upgrade the stereo this year.  I think that will be a much less stressful upgrade and I pray will not be like the ordeal I have gone through with everything else.

Other than that, I plan of riding the hell outta this girl all year and just hope for the best...lol

I really hope everyone has been doing well and riding safe.  If anyone has any ideas or feedback on anything I have posted, please let me know.  This forum has always been the best source of help, ideas, and encouragement!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 20 queries.