Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Tour Pack issues  (Read 3366 times)

lvngd

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Tour Pack issues
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2012, 04:57:49 PM »

I just bolted mine on today. I had to drill the box with a 5/16 bit. Just drilled down through the fixed metal plate inside the box. Then I slip in the 1 inch bolts that where supplied. To short. Had to use 1 1/4 bolts. I slip them in and installed the lock nuts loosely. Pick up the tour pack and it went right on to the mounts. Then tighten them up. No problems at all other than the short bolts. 2012 SE street glide....The cool black & slate one!!!
The road less traveled must be ridden!

Deep Blue Dives

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: "Cali" - 2012 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 09:00:35 AM »

Then when you get it, you'll be going out to the garage in the middle of the night just to look at it.  Don't worry, it's all normal. :2vrolijk_21:

Is that why I keep waking up in the garage in the cold of winter?
"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be" ~Pink Floyd
"Counting all the assholes in the room...I'm definitely not alone" ~Volbeat

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 11:11:59 AM »

Is that why I keep waking up in the garage in the cold of winter?

OK.....that's not normal! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:   Never actually fell asleep out there but there was occassion to sneak a middle of the night peek....especially when I first got my 04 SEEG in late 03. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 11:16:09 AM »

The solo mount goes on fine.  My two up mount....another story.  I have to spread the legs of the mount just a fraction of an inch to get it to go down over the nylon docking points.   :nixweiss:

OK mjb.....washed both bikes on Sun. so had to remove both tour packs (solo mounts).  It's not the front docking points that's an issue for me.  It's the rear and only on my 2 up rack.  Both solo racks are fine.  

She has the chopped tour pack and it's nearly always empty so no scratches on her fender struts.  Mine is the King tour pack, with liner and lid organizer and luggage rack on top (a bit bigger and heavier) and usually has stuff in it.....both of my fender struts have small scratches.  Maybe I'm getting weak in my old age. :nixweiss:   Naw!!!!!
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 11:18:54 AM »

OK mjb.....washed both bikes on Sun. so had to remove both tour packs (solo mounts).  It's not the front docking points that's an issue for me.  It's the rear and only on my 2 up rack.  Both solo racks are fine.  

She has the chopped tour pack and it's nearly always empty so no scratches on her fender struts.  Mine is the King tour pack, with liner and lid organizer and luggage rack on top (a bit bigger and heavier) and usually has stuff in it.....both of my fender struts have small scratches.  Maybe I'm getting weak in my old age. :nixweiss:   Naw!!!!!

Thanks JC.....Since my problems are the front mounts on the solo rack, I guess we can just attribute this to the MoCo high standard of quality control!!!

shindo

• Full CVO Member
  • 2011 Inferno SG

• CVO1: 2011 Inferno/Blk SG
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2012, 11:19:46 AM »

I guess we can just attribute this to the MoCo high standard of quality control!!!

Yup
2011 O/B SG King TP, Woods 555 cams,DD fatcat,ThunderMax with more to come.

Screamin' Al

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE3 Cobalt Blue
    • CVO2: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
    • CVO3: FLHXSE 2018 Dark Alloy/Black Denim
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 11:30:24 AM »

But Feb will seem like it's two months long. :nixweiss:

Then when you get it, you'll be going out to the garage in the middle of the night just to look at it.  Don't worry, it's all normal. :2vrolijk_21:

Feb not too bad....bike arrived today :carrot: :cucumber: :pepper:

Screamin' Al

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 11:31:10 AM »

next

Screamin' Al

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2012, 11:31:57 AM »

next

Screamin' Al

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2012, 11:32:36 AM »

next

Screamin' Al

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2012, 11:33:22 AM »

last

Deep Blue Dives

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: "Cali" - 2012 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2012, 01:12:51 PM »

Screamin' Al - thanks for those sweet pics of how the bike arrives - fully assembled. 

I have had every dealership try to justify charging profit on dealer prep for all the work they do to get a bike ready for the customer.  I realize it takes time to uncrate, remove protection, and check over the bike - but not to justify more than the standard charges.  Like most of us, something is usually messed up on the bike, and the dealer usually chooses to ignore it and see if the consumer notices.  I had to point out that my fairing was rubbing on the gas tank.

"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be" ~Pink Floyd
"Counting all the assholes in the room...I'm definitely not alone" ~Volbeat

Screamin' Al

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2012, 04:37:59 PM »

Screamin' Al - thanks for those sweet pics of how the bike arrives - fully assembled.  

I have had every dealership try to justify charging profit on dealer prep for all the work they do to get a bike ready for the customer.  I realize it takes time to uncrate, remove protection, and check over the bike - but not to justify more than the standard charges.  Like most of us, something is usually messed up on the bike, and the dealer usually chooses to ignore it and see if the consumer notices.  I had to point out that my fairing was rubbing on the gas tank.

No dealer prep charges in the UK (well, not at any dealer I've used), but with the SESG at $40,223 at today's rate, I guess any charge may be included in the price  :coolblue:...or it could be a very expensive extra tail-light  :-\
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 04:41:00 PM by Screamin' Al »
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 20 queries.