Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: 07 don't impress me  (Read 4214 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: 07 don't impress me
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2006, 04:45:44 PM »

I had a 2004 blue\black that I sold in Aug to buy a 2007 blue\blue in Sep.  Major mistake.  The 2007 vibrated and was extremely hot and I never got really excited over the paint.  The vibration was so bad I could not read the road signs after 50+ miles.  Sold it yesterday, lost $2500, and am buying a yellow 2005 next week.  Never really liked the attached tour pak either on the 2007.  

Live and learn, its only money, can't take it with you!

Saw in another post where your '04 had just 2600 miles on it when you sold it a few months ago.  Sounds like you got caught up in the "gotta have the latest thing" deal without taking the time to see if you had any emotional bonds with the new bike.  There are several here who have traded up from '04 SEEGs to SEUCs and been happy with the move.  I hope you end up being happy with the new 'nana.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2006, 08:31:42 PM »

There has got to be production numbers of all three colors for the 05 SEEG.  There's probably as many red ones as there are yellow and teal combined!  [highlight]Should start a poll, see how many of each color is owned [/highlight][smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=cherry.gif] by members of this site.
Hey LooseGoose, start the poll, it would be interesting to know the #'s of ea. bike on the site.   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2006, 09:43:47 PM »

I second that! [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=oops.gif] [smiley=beatdeadhorse.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2006, 11:08:49 PM »

Hey LooseGoose, start the poll, it would be interesting to know the #'s of ea. bike on the site.   spyder

I kicked it off, here.... http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1162091153
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2006, 08:20:36 PM »

Well if I my 05 wasn't totalled I would still have it and not have an 07.  The problem I found is 3 or 4 years old and I wasnt going to pay just short of what I paid for a new one hence I went by way of the Ultra which has a few of the features I wanted for the sake of having them.   The ones I wish I had were a real GPS on the bike and not the hokee radio version and I wish I had a better choice of exhausts as the heat is just driving me nuts atm from the cross over pipe.  I also wish there was a better way to detach the leather tourpak vs. looking at hawg wired and other add ons to accomplish the task.   I also wish I had about 2 to 3 more inches I could move said tour pak back.   too bad they discontinued all the old mounting kits they were never a problem.

-harry

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2006, 09:02:14 PM »

Well if I my 05 wasn't totalled I would still have it and not have an 07.  The problem I found is 3 or 4 years old and I wasnt going to pay just short of what I paid for a new one hence I went by way of the Ultra which has a few of the features I wanted for the sake of having them.   The ones I wish I had were a real GPS on the bike and not the hokee radio version and I wish I had a better choice of exhausts as the heat is just driving me nuts atm from the cross over pipe.  I also wish there was a better way to detach the leather tourpak vs. looking at hawg wired and other add ons to accomplish the task.   [highlight]I also wish I had about 2 to 3 more inches [/highlight]I could move said tour pak back.   too bad they discontinued all the old mounting kits they were never a problem.

-harry

Oh hell, that is just too darn easy to let it slide..

« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 09:03:31 PM by MJZ »

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2006, 09:05:24 PM »

Prolly true, but there isnt anyone out there that would say no to having it :)  least not that i know of.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2006, 09:35:14 PM »

I second that! [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=oops.gif] [smiley=beatdeadhorse.gif]
ditto
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 24 queries.