Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: False Throttle Input to the ECM  (Read 2683 times)

low and slow

Re: False Throttle Input to the ECM
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 07:29:11 PM »

glens,

Thanks for looking, I will add an updated one soon.

Craig

cburch2

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 05:08:39 PM »

glens,

Updated data file.  She was still acting up, so not sure if the fuel mixture has helped.

Again, thanks fro the help.

Craig

glens

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 07:49:43 PM »

Have you run any smart-tunes on that calibration yet?  If your O2 sensors are both in good working order (at times in the logs it appears they are) then you're pretty lean on the rear cylinder.  Either that or you're fairly consistently getting some fresh air back up the pipe to that sensor.  Also, according to the logs again, you're not in closed-loop operation in definite cruise areas.  What calibration are you using and what have you done to it?  And why?  And what have you done to the engine and breathing apparatus?

I'd run a few smart-tune iterations on it before I did much more riding, based on what I'm seeing in the logs.

I'm not seeing any TPS anomalies in the log, but the sample rate is only every 1/2 second.  Select fewer items to log for a faster collection rate.  But get that calibration dialed in better first.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 07:52:21 PM by glens »

cburch2

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 10:14:54 PM »

glens,
I loaded the 176PQ007-001.  This was based upon the best fit for my bike.  Stock 2007 CVO Softail Springer and “racing pipes”.  I did not see any better selection for the pipes I am running, VH Big Radius 2 into 2.

Being a newbie, I believed I was in the closed loop operation once the AFR was changed out of the 14.6 “bolded” values.  Can you tell me how to get it in the closed loop area?  The software and manual did not help.

When I loaded the MAP, I select the smart tune and thought it was doing what was required, must have goofed that up as well.  I will try to figure that out with the manual.

All MAP edits have been to fix the prior problems; deceleration pop, RPM flux, backfire on start.  Funny thing she backfired today when started with a warm engine.

I assumed the TPS was acting up, being that I had not changed the throttle but noticed the bump on the prior recording.

Thanks,

Craig

glens

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 10:45:04 PM »

I believed I was in the closed loop operation once the AFR was changed out of the 14.6 “bolded” values.

In that calibration "14.6" is the only value that will enable closed-loop operation.  While there, the closed-loop bias tables control what the closed-loop "AFR" will actually be.  In those tables, "450" would make the "AFR" actually be "14.6", but you'd be better to have them set to 750 or so.

All MAP edits have been to fix the prior problems; deceleration pop, RPM flux, backfire on start.

Find a way to understand the smart-tune directions and get through a good couple or three runs before you start chasing problems which might go away on their own when the calibration gets closer to what the engine needs.

I assumed the TPS was acting up, being that I had not changed the throttle but noticed the bump on the prior recording.

Based on what you'd described, it sounded like a TPS act-up to me, too.  I'll have to look at the "prior recording" again (assuming it's the first one you posted) but I don't recall what "bump" you're referring to.

cburch2

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 11:08:32 PM »

glens,

Should I adjust all of AFR table, to 14.6.  After that, go into closed loop bias tables and adjust to 750?

I read the smart tune again and believe I selected the correct MAP.  With the first remap the bike ran better but still experienced the same RPM flux.

In the second recording, besides the obvious deceleration, the throttle was held steady, any RPM flux was not of my doing?  Scratching my melon.

Thinking of just buying a new TPS?

Craig

glens

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2012, 09:02:55 AM »

Just follow the instructions for smart-tune, to the letter, a couple or three times before you spend any money for parts.  All the parts you have may well be okay; we don't know yet.

cburch2

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2012, 12:50:01 AM »

All,

Just wanted to publicly thank glens for all of the assistance.   You rock! :2vrolijk_21: 

We have had some off board discussions and due to glens tutelage the bike is running awesome.

Bottom line it was not a false throttle input issue.  The bike just needed and good tune and then some fine tuning.  The Super Tuner worked, but I had to be patient and work thru the "Smart Tune" options about 4 times. 

I do like the tuner but being a novice the instruction manual and the on-line help left something to be desired.

Craig
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 24 queries.