Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Will the new 07s kill the value of Pre 07 CVO's ?  (Read 10253 times)

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
Re: Will the new 07s kill the value of Pre 07 CVO'
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2006, 09:23:54 PM »

So I assume from your response that they will only effect the models going forward and is not retroactive to 06 and prior?  So we are safe from future "enforcement"?

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2006, 09:27:12 PM »

So I assume from your response that they will only effect the models going forward and is not retroactive to 06 and prior?  So we are safe from future "enforcement"?

LOL ...hell Polecat who am I to say who's safe and whos not ..like I said earlier all Im reporting are the things Ive been told from some Harley techs ...take it for what its worth my friend ..

Bama
" Why Johnny Ringo ...you look like somone just ..walked across your grave"

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2006, 09:30:50 PM »

You are so right!  When it comes to our government, THEY don't even know what they are going to do.  I fight with OSHA, EPA, City Govt, etc on a regular basis.  I'm sure these guys are no different.

:(

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2006, 09:59:17 PM »

Personally if the resale value of my bike is affected it won't mean much at all to me--cause mine is mine and thats how it will stay! If I want one of the newer models I'll get one of those and keep this one as well! If I'm understanding all that I'm hearing the bigger power plants will also be much more difficult to modify with the inspections that will be made to them- greatly affecting what exhaust system is used, what engine mods that can gotten away with so forth and so on. JMO
MYCVO
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2006, 10:08:43 PM »

Personally if the resale value of my bike is affected it won't mean much at all to me--cause mine is mine and thats how it will stay! If I want one of the newer models I'll get one of those and keep this one as well! If I'm understanding all that I'm hearing the bigger power plants will also be much more difficult to modify with the inspections that will be made to them- greatly affecting what exhaust system is used, what engine mods that can gotten away with so forth and so on. JMO
MYCVO

HERE HERE MYCVO very well said ... based on what I have read and been told from Harley employees Ive come to the conclusion that the 07's big engines and the six speed will be offset but the pre 07's versatility ... Im sure that enitally there may be some drop in value but in the long run it may be a blessing to us that own the "obsolete" models ...they will NEVER make these again ....

Bama
" Why Johnny Ringo ...you look like somone just ..walked across your grave"

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2006, 10:11:29 PM »

Funny you should mention this. Today when I was visiting a H-D dealer we were discussing the '07's and the fact that modifying the exhaust would be taboo. He mentioned that he had told all of his customers that had modified there '06's to keep their old exhaust. He was thinking there might be problems down the road, but was hoping they would be grandfathered in and they wouldn't have anything to worry about. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2006, 10:16:22 PM »

MYCVO
I'm with you MYCVO, my addiction started with my first H-D in 03 and I haven't parted with one yet!
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2006, 10:16:30 PM »

HERE HERE MYCVO very well said ... based on what I have read and been told from Harley employees Ive come to the conclusion that the 07's big engines and the six speed will be offset but the pre 07's versatility ... Im sure that enitally there may be some drop in value but in the long run it may be a blessing to us that own the "obsolete" models ...they will NEVER make these again ....

Bama
No Chit there Bama!! AND that's a good tihng!

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2006, 10:19:09 PM »

I'm with you MYCVO, my addiction started with my first H-D in 03 and I haven't parted with one yet!
Me I only let go of my Heritage BUT it went to my brother and we ride together all the time so, it's still with me and I get to see it now from a different view.

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2006, 10:27:51 PM »

Funny you should mention this. Today when I was visiting a H-D dealer we were discussing the '07's and the fact that modifying the exhaust would be taboo. He mentioned that he had told all of his customers that had modified there '06's to keep their old exhaust. He was thinking there might be problems down the road, but was hoping they would be grandfathered in and they wouldn't have anything to worry about. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
dood,
I was at bike night tonight and 3 buddies I've not seen since before Laconia came in, all 3 with 06 Streetglides, there were all saying the same thing ( glad to get theirs before they were gone cause all the 07 models were going to be WAY Taboo to modify exhaust or to alter the performance of the motors) unless the don't care about swapping all the work back just to get an inspection every year.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2006, 10:55:30 PM »

Personally if the resale value of my bike is affected it won't mean much at all to me--cause mine is mine and thats how it will stay! If I want one of the newer models I'll get one of those and keep this one as well!....MYCVO
Mark,
Same here. I can't at this moment think of anything that would want me to get rid of my Pumpkin. In other words my bike is "Priceless". ;D I've put to much work into getting it just the way I want it.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2006, 11:04:02 PM »

Jerry I was talking about the new 07s ..not the 06's

Bama
Bama,

So was I, I just used the '06 Dyna as an example since it had pretty much everything that's on the '07's except the new displacement.  Same new overdriven primary and 6 speed, new engine and trans cases to eliminate external oil lines, new automatic tensioner for the primary, new cams/cam plate/tensioners/oil pump, [highlight]closed loop (O2 sensors) engine management[/highlight], etc.  It had only been on the market a few months before the PowerCommander folks had a PC available for it, and I expect you will see one for the '07 models very shortly.  

Harley will most likely only have a limited number of upgrade options, such as the big bore kits, for which they will provide EPA approved calibration downloads.  All other modifications will have to be made with aftermarket parts and aftermarket tuning aids, just like it's been in the automotive world for the last 26+ years.  I still say do what you want, but be smart enough to keep all the original parts just in case your state decides to start doing emissions testing.  And do us all a favor by going with reasonable pipes that don't set off car alarms and rattle windows.  If you're going to break the law, you don't need to advertise the fact to the surrounding county or invite complaints from the citizenry and scrutiny from the authorities.  JMHO

Jerry
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 11:06:14 PM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2006, 11:22:49 PM »

.....I still say do what you want, but be smart enough to keep all the original parts just in case your state decides to start doing emissions testing.  And do us all a favor by going with reasonable pipes that don't set off car alarms and rattle windows.  If you're going to break the law, you don't need to advertise the fact to the surrounding county or invite complaints from the citizenry and scrutiny from the authorities.  JMHO

Jerry
Very good points here. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] The problem that we are having now has been partly if not entirely bought on by ourselves. :( We need to be more observant of our actions, and police ourselves so "big brotha" doesn't do it for us. We need to get the public on our side, and not against us for disturbing them. I'd be the first to admit I love the sound of a free flowing exhaust, but I wouldn't want to impose that sound in the middle of the night on my neighbors.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2006, 11:50:11 PM »

Mark,
Same here. I can't at this moment think of anything that would want me to get rid of my Pumpkin. In other words my bike is "Priceless". ;D I've put to much work into getting it just the way I want it.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
No question about that---It shows!

BobD

• Senior CVO Member
  • '06 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2006, 01:13:48 PM »

The fine from EPA for exhaust modification...

$25K if dealer modifies them on '07 bikes.
$5K if owner modifies them on '07 bikes.

Who's going to enforce, who knows? What end user/owner will be concerned about it, who knows? Bottom line the law is there and someday, someone may get a wild hair up there you know what and want to enforce it. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Just came from the local dealer this morning where I had my CUSE serviced. Talking to the service manager I now know who's going to be the biggest enforcer - Harley Davidson. He told me Harley laid down the law at the dealer meeting. Absolutely no mods to the engine, drive train or exhaust on "07's. Penalty - loss of dealer contract. They're serious about this and are going to make dealers follow the rules. Penalty to the owner or an '07 - loss of warranty if a bike is found to be non-conforming.  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
We will be remembered for all the rules we break.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 20 queries.