Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Bike mounted camera  (Read 8862 times)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

Re: Bike mounted camera
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2012, 05:39:48 PM »

Thanks,

geezerglide

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
Re: Bike mounted camera
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2012, 10:42:38 PM »

Another option is the Contour camera: http://contour.com/

I have the GPS version and use the low profile helmet mount. The camera shape lays flat against the helmet so it is less conspicuous. Your body - and especially your head does a pretty good job of damping out vibrations and you have the ability to pan around by turning your head.

The GPS model records your coordinates, speed and elevation as you ride. During playback you can have your course plotted on a map next to the actual image. A lot of guys use these for track day for that feature. You can also use your smartphone as a monitor to align and set up the shot or use the 2 built in lasers.

I am not all that familiar with the hero but I believe they are similarly priced.

It's good to have choices. I may have to check out the engine guard mounted Hero also for the times I don't have the Contour on the helmet...

MikeV

I went with this camera too with the tech mount. Very happy with it. There is no vibration and it is clear. The GPS is awesome because there is no guessing where you are. The one negative is the battry life. It does not last as long as they say. 30 to 60 minutes per battery. I carry 4 with me and have to keep swapping them out.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 20 queries.