Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Wife unhappy with seat  (Read 10172 times)

SLO-POK3

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Wife unhappy with seat
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 02:30:46 PM »

Looking for a good long ride seat for a 2012 CVO Street Glide. Stock seat is great for short rides, just not working for the long ones.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 10:35:04 PM »

Looking for a good long ride seat for a 2012 CVO Street Glide. Stock seat is great for short rides, just not working for the long ones.

Corbin...either dual tour or solo plus pillion.  Call Jim HD-Dude and he can fix you up with exactly what you need.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

kravnut

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2012, 08:09:17 AM »

Ditto, wife was not happy about the tight fit between the passenger backrest and the rider backrest.  Tourpak was already mounted as far back as it would go and the lumbar was set at its lowest position.  Had to add the Kuryakyn adjustable tourpack rack.  Once this was on and the wife sat down again she was completely happy.  And we all know that if the wife isn't happy then nobody is happy.  ( Just don't let my wife know I said that, she will not be happy    :P :P :P :P).
Keith

2012 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide
4" Rinehart Slip-ons
Kuryakyn Quick Adjust Tour-Pak Relocator

DLD

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2012, 10:26:22 PM »

Talked to George yesterday and he did just what you said, he shipped the plate yesterday and told me to send the check, what a great guy, don't run across to many like him anymore.
I actually looked at a 2011 CVO Road Glide today that had one of these on it, looked very nice.
Even had my BSR get on and try it out, that is the ticket.
Thanks for the info.

Contact George Anderson...he is old school, so does not have a website, only a phone number.

Home: 309-762-6291
Cell: 309-236-0952

He makes a really nicely machined plate that has holes to move the TP back 1", 1.5", or 2.5".  Nicely made part, powdercoated black so it's invisible, and takes about 20 minutes to install.  Works like a charm.  1" back was just right for my BSR...it puts it back where it ought to be from the factory. My BSR is 5'3" and 125lbs, so 1" back was perfect.  Depending on the size of your BSR, you may have to go back further.

George is a GREAT guy...he will ship you the part before you even mail him the check (no PayPal or Credit Cards)...THAT's the kind of man he is.  A BUNCH of people here have his TP relocater on their bike.

Remove the TP liner and make sure they've got the TP in the most rearward holes...there are two sets of holes, and the bikes come shipped with them in the most forward position (used to, anyway) and sometimes the dealer "forgets" to move it back.  You're probably going to need George's product though...the Lumbar support takes up at least an inch of room, but is nice for the BSR's back when all is right.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2012, 11:30:08 PM »

Talked to George yesterday and he did just what you said, he shipped the plate yesterday and told me to send the check, what a great guy, don't run across to many like him anymore.
I actually looked at a 2011 CVO Road Glide today that had one of these on it, looked very nice.
Thanks for the info.

she'll be much happier with George's extender on.  I put one on my '11 SEURG and momma is much happier now...

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2012, 01:17:32 PM »

Thanks for the info.

Glad to hear you're happy with George, and that the BSR is sure to be happy after getting it installed.  Yep, you don't find 'em like George any more.  It would be a better world if there were more people as trusting as him.

If you stick around here, you will find a lot more people like that...I can't recall anyone here ever having an issue with another member over an exchange of goods/money.  In fact, people give stuff to others from time to time.  We don't all see eye to eye on some things, but you'd be hard pressed to know a better bunch of folks than reside here.  :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2012, 07:45:59 PM »

Glad to hear you're happy with George, and that the BSR is sure to be happy after getting it installed.  Yep, you don't find 'em like George any more.  It would be a better world if there were more people as trusting as him.

If you stick around here, you will find a lot more people like that...I can't recall anyone here ever having an issue with another member over an exchange of goods/money.  In fact, people give stuff to others from time to time.  We don't all see eye to eye on some things, but you'd be hard pressed to know a better bunch of folks than reside here:2vrolijk_21:
Amen.   :2vrolijk_21:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2012, 10:02:07 PM »

" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

RV Seitz

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2012, 04:11:06 AM »

I installed the George Anderson relocator on my 2011 FLHTCUSE6 and my wife is very happy. It has mounting holes for several different set backs, and no holes to drill.

ozrider

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2012, 04:54:18 AM »

How do ya think the poor bloody seat felt every time that woman sat on it, it must have near on suffocated, and came close ta gettin it's gizzards squashed out,,,,, but ya never heard it complain once, did ya  ;D

Win Lotto, Go back to Sturgis,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Never go home!

Barmats

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 10:16:39 PM »

Had the same problem here. Moved from a 2011 RGU to a 2011 RGU CVO last year and couldn't believe the smaller amount of passenger space with the rider's backrest installed. I bought a relocation plate from George, who was a real pleasure to work with, and it totally solved the problem. My wife is very happy now and a lot more comfortable.

My only comment on this mod is the gap created between the back of the seat and backrest - some sort of cover to hide the fender would finish things up nicely. But now that my wife is signed up for the Rider's Edge course, and eyeing the 883 SuperLow, I may end up taking off the tour pack altogether now.
2020 CVO Limited

Alremc

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2012, 02:03:38 PM »

Just got off the phone with George and what a great guy. No doubt old school and ready to help out anyway he can. Will ship out today and said get him the check in the mail. Told the BSR and she can't beleive in this day and age there are still good honest business out there but along with that that there is honest folks like this group that won't take advantage of a great gentleman like George.  :2vrolijk_21:
Frank
2012 CVO Ultra Classic
Fullsac X-Pipe
Rhineharts 4 in Cans in black
TTS MasterTune

Just Scootin

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2012, 12:17:53 PM »

:2vrolijk_21: I have just installed the Kuryakyn relocator for the same reason. We moved from a 2006 Ultra Gilde Classic CVO to a 2011 Road Glide CVO and wifey complained of the smaller space and hurting her legs/knees.
Since fitting, (only takes 45mins), we are able to ride longer and no more complaints either.
This is a common complaint, I have another friend making the same change for same reason.

Mind you, I like the link to the Vibe-rider, wonder if they ship to England?
more investigation needed!

:cherry:
I have a '12 FLHTCUSE7 - was there a problem with the Boom Audio speakers?  I wanted to make sure before I ordered the relocator by Kuryakyn.

lowriderlou

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2012, 12:38:44 PM »

Okay, I'm not good with acronyms, so what does BSR stand for?

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2012, 01:23:33 PM »

Okay, I'm not good with acronyms, so what does BSR stand for?

Back Seat Rider  :2vrolijk_21:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 25 queries.