Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: How do we find out how many of @ CVOs were made?  (Read 11116 times)

2Fatboys

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: How do we find out how many of @ CVOs were mad
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2006, 07:39:33 PM »

I got a barney purple one too.  In my group, there are only two colors we consider "bad luck"  Green and purple.  Well, my buddy was the first to break down and get a green electra glide.  I couldn't leave hin to his own devices, so I got a purple one.  Chicks dig purple, so I don't complain.  I've gotten a lot of compliments from some very attractive women regarding my scoot.  As for the other colors, to each his own.  It takes all kinds to make the world go round, and I could care less about how many of them were made.  I bought mine because I like riding it, and I'm sure the other fellas did too.  I think that red 05 SE looks sweet too.

Street Stalker

• Junior CVO Member
  • All show and no go, but about to change
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2006, 09:43:14 AM »

I actually like all three 06 colors...  The yellow and blue has a real hot rod color/look, the purple and red is nice ( I think the red is great, would have like to have seen black as a top color though) and then the haze and blue (the most conservative and coolest) imo...   I had a tough time choosing between them, but ended up with haze and blue as it was conservative (not too loud) and was a change from what I had before.  Seems to be allot of extreme colors out in the custom bike market these days...

Street Stalker

• Junior CVO Member
  • All show and no go, but about to change
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2006, 09:47:28 AM »

most harleys are silver

I wonder where you are seeing that...  Other than the 03 anniversary (silver and black), there are very little silvers to be found, especially on the FB.  I believe silver was only offered on the fatboy the first year it came out and on the 05.5 anniversary fatboy...  Of course with exception to the lovely 05 S.E. Fatoby   ;)

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2006, 03:05:34 PM »

I wonder where you are seeing that...  Other than the 03 anniversary (silver and black), there are very little silvers to be found, especially on the FB.  I believe silver was only offered on the fatboy the first year it came out and on the 05.5 anniversary fatboy...  Of course with exception to the [highlight]lovely 05 S.E. Fatoby   [/highlight];)

Thankyou Street Stalker for the compliment, but it is actually Platinum Mist / Slate

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2006, 04:16:39 PM »

haze hear and it just ticks me off how you people can gang up on my beautiful and fast C.V.O fat boy , i admit its purple no one has ever said anything but WOW! what a fine bike ,and the autumn silver are the ones that are still for sell and they made more of those because every dealer i go into still TRYING TO SELL SILVER or blissful spring in moring time,as sun comes up over mountain gleaming off SILVER tank. Nice name for your bike than maybe they can sell back load [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
TOM

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2006, 04:19:31 PM »

my barney can spank galvinized silver any day [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
TOM

NE-Tacoma06Fatboy

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2006, 04:25:05 PM »

Haze...   you really need to get help and lighten up.   Maybe the purple is so rare cause no one is buying them except for a few...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 04:25:28 PM by NE-Tacoma06Fatboy »

noVee

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2006, 09:18:26 PM »

Too funny Aussie,
the other Purple Haze!
noVee

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2006, 09:19:55 PM »

I can't believe my eyes. I refer people to this site for RE-Education on Harley Davidson CVO Products. What am I going to tell the President of HUGH Aircraft or The CEO of Rocketdyno (The large defense contractor type guys who ride HD)? How do I explain all the "BARNEY" and "purple beats silver" stuff? Oh man, there goes my reputation, again.

By the way, My 2005 Platinum Slate kicks booty with the orange and purple pinstriping. If you look close enough, you'll see a marvelous looking CVO, IMHO.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 09:20:22 PM by kona76 »
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

noVee

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2006, 09:26:07 PM »

Well, for my 2 cents, Ladies,  ;D,any of the '06 colours, well maybe not as I am partial to the Concord Purple Canyon Copper, which is, in my opinion not accurate at all, like where the hell do you see 'copper'?, except in your rear view mirrors? are better than '07 SEFB. Only thing, I haven't seen the '07 in 'person'. Sometimes, that's what it takes.
noVee
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 09:27:44 PM by noVee »

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2006, 11:35:44 PM »

[highlight]By the way, My 2005 Platinum Slate kicks booty with the orange and purple pinstriping. If you look close enough, you'll see a marvelous looking CVO, IMHO.[/highlight]

What he said  ^
mine does the same & looks just as good!

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

2Fatboys

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2006, 06:50:17 PM »

One of the things I don't like (you can beat my ass later) is the shiny chrome dash.  Damn thing blinds me when the sun is at my back; even with polarized shades.  I think I'm gonna put a black speedo in there instead.

noVee

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2006, 07:56:12 PM »

Hey 2Fatz, I agree, gave mine her first polish up in 1000 km and I noticed the same thing, right in my eyes! Polarized shades as well.
noVee

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2006, 08:10:11 PM »

Come on boys, You're riding a Harley, it's time to harden up a bit. The CVO is supposed to be a shiny chrome masterpiece

Cheers
Aussie
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 08:10:41 PM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2006, 10:29:32 PM »

Come on boys, You're riding a Harley, it's time to harden up a bit. [highlight]The CVO is supposed to be a shiny chrome masterpiece[/highlight]
Cheers
Aussie

Damn Straight Aussie!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] my sentiments exactly, as a matter of fact I want it to shine so bright that I'll have to wear a welding helmet when I ride, and the last thing all the cagers I pass will see, will be the image of my bike burned into their retina forever! [smiley=evilgrin.gif]
Toes in the water, ass in the sand
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 20 queries.