Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Anyone using Dyna Beads?  (Read 4005 times)

Fireguy

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road glide. Traded
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited Sold
Re: Anyone using Dyna Beads?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 02:26:14 PM »

I have them in mine and seem to work great. When I did change the tires neither one had weights on them anyway. ( fell off ). I got 14,000 miles without weights and figured I would give the beads a try. Besides the weights look like crap on cvo wheels. One more thing, has anyone experienced front end wobble since putting beads in the tires?

UFO_HOG

• Good Guys Wear Black
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 03:45:57 PM »

On my 3rd set of tires with the beads, will never use stick on weights again, bike is always glass smooth, and tire wear seems to be better.
You gotta be smart enough to understand the rules of motorcycling, and dumb enough to think the game's important.

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 04:00:16 PM »

Have them in a few bikes no problems at all with them....   I heard that tractor trailer rigs are headed this way because the 2 pound weights are bullets when they come off at 70mph.....

ThunderBueller

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2012, 04:28:14 PM »

Have them in a few bikes no problems at all with them....   I heard that tractor trailer rigs are headed this way because the 2 pound weights are bullets when they come off at 70mph.....

Not too many companies out there that worry about balancing truck tires. I worked for a guy who used Equal which is like Dyna Beads and I honestly couldn't tell the difference. I hated the Centramatics, I see they make them for bikes but I wouldn't use them.
2010 FLTRX--Primo paint set
2005 FXSTB--Sold!
2003 XL1200C--Sold
2002 Buell S3T Thunderbolt--Sold

Wanted--black Rumble collection saddlebag latches.

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2012, 07:06:50 PM »

can dynabeads be used in tube tires?

trucks are often balanced - beads could be a good idea - especially as more and more go to wide based singles

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2012, 09:29:11 PM »

Haven't tried them on a bike yet but I do have them in my Avalanche with 33" tires on it. The work pretty good unless you punch it and get over 80 and then it takes a 1/2 mile or so to settle down.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2012, 10:20:34 PM »

Had Good luck with them in tubeless rims. Didn't work too good in wire rims with the band and tubes.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2012, 10:33:16 PM »

Didn't work too good in wire rims with the band and tubes.

In what way did they not work well?

RJW

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Sold
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE5d #506
    • CVO3: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2012, 12:35:11 AM »

I tried them on front and rear of my new Dunlops and front would shaked bad starting at 60.Added more beads and still no help...went up to 4 ozs and no change.Broke down tire and vacuumed beads out .Had it computer balanced and took 3.5 ozs which is worse tire I ever had but now its smooth.Usually doesnt take any weights.My conclusion is they dont work period!! I plan on taking them out of rear tire also and have it balanced.

X 100%

Dead_Reckoning

• Elite CVO Member
  • 03 SERK
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2012, 06:16:17 AM »

Of the two complaints that WhiteHorse had of the 5,000 kits sold they suspect that it may have had to do with the tire not seating properly on the rim.

Not agreeing or disagreeing with them. It does make me wonder IF anyone checked that out before they took the tire or the rim to remove the beads.

Government is best which governs least.

Power Commander 3 Tuner
Doherty Power PACC with K&N Air Filter
Screamin' EagleĀ® Hydraulic Cam Chain Tensioner and High-Flow Oil Pump
Headwinds 2" Bullet Passing Lights 50w'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
Dual Bulb Halogen Headlamp Kit

ozrider

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2012, 09:46:03 AM »

can dynabeads be used in tube tires?

trucks are often balanced - beads could be a good idea - especially as more and more go to wide based singles

Yep, Dyna Beads http://www.innovativebalancing.com/motorcycle.htm say no problems.

I run them in my 180/55/17 and 80/90/21 Dunlop GT 502's on a Widey, spoked wheels with tubes and reckon it's the best thing since sliced bread.

and if the tube looks OK at tyre changes, then the beads are already installed and no chance of mess. Bike runs smooth as at all speeds.

P.S. what I have started doing before installing beads on a new tyre, is to set it up on the static balance stand to measure how much weight is required,,, then add the appropriate amount of beads, about a 1/4 oz over what the static balance indicates. Gives me peace of mind that there is enough beads in there to cover what's needed.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 09:50:57 AM by ozrider »

Win Lotto, Go back to Sturgis,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Never go home!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2012, 10:48:28 AM »

I'm still running them in my tubeless tires, thru a # of tire changes.  Great results.  Had a friend try them with bad results, but turned out the tire (or wheel) was waaay out of balance and evidently the beads can only compensate for a limited amt. of correction.  Like 2Ln, I haven't yet put 'em in a spoke wheel (I run tubes), but after reading of some doing this with good results, I may give that a try.  I hate those ugly weights.  >:( spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

hogasm

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2012, 02:37:44 PM »

I tried them on front and rear of my new Dunlops and front would shaked bad starting at 60.Added more beads and still no help...went up to 4 ozs and no change.Broke down tire and vacuumed beads out .Had it computer balanced and took 3.5 ozs which is worse tire I ever had but now its smooth.Usually doesnt take any weights.My conclusion is they dont work period!! I plan on taking them out of rear tire also and have it balanced.

If you had a motorcycle tire that took 3.5oz to ballance.....you got problems

Installer should have checked the rim first without tire to see if the ballance problem is there and not in the tire.....if it is the tire.....should have been sent back for  new one. Never should anyone have  motorcycle tire with that much lead on it to balance

hogasm

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2012, 02:39:34 PM »

Michelin rig that goes to the bike events has 15 golf balls in the front two tires only

berniemc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2012, 04:59:06 PM »

I agree that a tire should not have to have that much weight. Its a Harley Dunlop and they wont do anything about it as usual.Just saying Dyna beads would not balance it but lead weights did.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 20 queries.