Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: getting ready to buy fxr4  (Read 3682 times)

ro9beam2002

getting ready to buy fxr4
« on: April 19, 2012, 01:29:38 PM »

what do you think guys....  has around  26k miles, still has the factory seat,backrest and air cleaner assembly.... it does have aftermarket v&h staggered shotguns, a corbin flame seat, and fxr3 wheels and a  mikuny carb,   all stock otherwise and the internals...

what do you think guys?

ro9beam2002

Re: getting ready to buy fxr4
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 01:30:26 PM »

another

ro9beam2002

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 01:31:12 PM »

another

ro9beam2002

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 01:32:28 PM »

one more

TLS105

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 1999 Blue Flame FXR3
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 04:32:01 PM »

Looks nice. I like those wheels better, that's why I have a FXR3. Look for base gasket and rocker box gasket leaks. Other than that, these motors are great. Make sure you get any take off that he has. Is it the original owner. Not to be nosy, but what's his asking price if you don't mind?

ro9beam2002

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 05:05:11 PM »

We have agreed on 7k...  2nd owner "woman" for the past 8 years... I get the original owners manual, original seat, original air cleaner assembly and original backrest and pad.  Whats a good way to check those gaskets?   The husband did all the maintenance on the bike.. then he died in a motorcycle accident about 9 months ago, that was the last time it was basically out on the road for any amount of time... about 100 miles total that day she said "he was in a mc club" and it was a big event for his funeral. The past 9 months she has driven it every week around the block..etc.. and has always been parked in the garage on a battery tender. She said she doesn't want to ride anymore after what happened to him...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 05:08:44 PM by ro9beam2002 »

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 05:52:53 PM »

Very sad story but a very nice bike at a very fair price.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 06:18:41 PM »

Very sad story but a very nice bike at a very fair price.

Agree...  A sad story, but a great deal.  I purchased my wifes 2000 Tangerine FXR4 two years ago...5400 miles...for 10K.
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

TLS105

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 11:48:49 PM »

That sounds like a great deal for a nice bike. And a awesome one at that! It is unfortunate to hear her story. Sounds like it has been taken care of. The only way to really check the gaskets is to run it. I don't know how much you know about the Evo motor, but always let them warm up more than a newer bike, it enables the oil to reach more thoroughly throughout. If you don't, you can easily blow the gaskets. As far as leaking goes, it can occur spontaneously or you might notice some seeping from the base ones. I just picked up my FXR3 two weeks ago and am keeping an eye as I don't know how the original owner treated it. I am sure you will love the bike, all FXR owners do. Have you had an FXR before?

ro9beam2002

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 12:09:26 AM »

currently have a 2002 dyna fxdx-tsport  that i ride basically everyday. Always wanted a fxr.. just waiting for the right one. I need to be in bed..lol... leaving in the morning to go pick it up... 160 miles away, i plan on riding it back with my b-law following me.  I will check it out good, but i think i have pretty much made up my mind.. "fairly mechanically inclined" so if anything happens "which it will" i can fix it.. its just money and time

the stars must have aligned... i sold our office furniture at the house for almost 4k this morning... this is helping big time.... the wife is a bit pissed, but she knows i am gonna do it anyways... plus i haul her ass around all the time on the t-sport
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 12:12:29 AM by ro9beam2002 »

TLS105

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 05:20:09 PM »

Congratulations! Post again once you have settled her in her new home. I would love to hear some feedback regarding the ride and handling versus your T-Sport. For lower ride height bikes, these CVO FXRs handle pretty well. Hear from you soon.

ro9beam2002

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 09:23:01 PM »

Just got back a bit ago guys... rode it back about 170 miles... everything went very well until about a mile from the house... I almost had to lay her down...lol

I kid you not...

Was at a stop light, turned green.,. I take off.. up into second gear.... crossing intersection.. The b*tch to my right "side street" evidently decides to take the right on red crossing traffic... i catch her out of the corner of my eye " i'm the far left lane" .... concrete medium on my left... She wants to get ALL the way over... "doing about 20-25mph"...... i had no where to go...

THAT SPLIT SECOND I AM LIKE... I AM GONNA HAVE TO LAY IT DOWN...DAMN'T.. I get on the rear brake... go sideways ... at the same time i am squeezing the front HARD... the front LOCKS... i see smoke... the front forks turn on me.... but i stopped "kinda"... it was close.... She acts like nothing happened ... i laid on the horn.. I come this close to pulling in behind her, in the driveway

Other than that, the bike did very well..... I love the bike

I will give a comparison, between the fxr and the best handling "dyna" ever..the t-sport...     Needles to say..  i will still be keeping both...  They are both very different bikes.....   

TLS105

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 10:34:51 PM »

Wow! What a story! When I read "almost" I breathed a sigh of relief. I wouldn't want that to happen anyone on the first day. It's great that you love the bike! When I was deciding which bike I would ultimately own, either a Blue 3 or Orange 4, the graphics on the tank made my decision for me. I just couldn't get past them, but I love the color. Looking forward to your comparison and wish you many miles of safe riding, you are good for a while now LOL! Feel free to bounce of this great group of people here and also at V Twin's FXR section as well. We have got to stick together.

Tom

ro9beam2002

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 10:56:17 PM »

Yeah thats the way i kinda look at it, hopefully i am good for awhile on the "close" calls... few pics

ro9beam2002

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2012, 10:58:01 PM »

another
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 24 queries.