Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for opinion on the outcome....  (Read 1614 times)

wnogood

• Full CVO Member
Looking for opinion on the outcome....
« on: April 20, 2012, 11:06:50 AM »

I recently upgraded the cam plate and cams in my 2006 SEUC. I used the Andrews 48n cams, S&S pushrods, Comp lifters, Koyo inner cam bearings and tuned with a SERT. My end result was less than stellar. My dyno numbers were 87hp and 96tq. The bike runs great, but I really expected better results. What do you guys think?......

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Looking for opinion on the outcome....
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 11:28:27 AM »

You're only about 5/5 off, this could be from a doing the run it 4th gear instead of 5th, comp lifters not pumping up at higher rpm's, the timing not adjusted, or the dyno it'self. If the bike runs good and you're happy don't worry about 5/5....
Doc
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

wnogood

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 11:36:30 AM »

I already have a D&D fatcat, a good air cleaner, and SERT. Without changing cams (Again) what would be a good place to go from here? Best bang for the buck? As of now, the engine has 32K on it, and has never been into past the cam chest.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 12:09:09 PM »

on the 2006, SEUC you are a bit off.   All of my stock bikes 253 cams, air cleaner and pipes have made 98 torque and 93/94 hp.   I have had 4 of these bikes and that was with rinehart true duals.

Doc is correct in that something is a miss.   I even took an axtel 107 build did nothing to the heads and made 119 torque / 107 hp with stock heads and a S&S 570 cam.   The compression was way too low, but it still ran pretty good.

First thing I would do is call the tuner and find out what gear the pull was done in before you allow this to eat at you.   Then I would look at the tune.   If the lifters turn out to tbe the issue you might consider the S&S's, sorry I am not into the hype of the Woods over priced lifters, the 99b's from Harley used to work well, but I have no confidence in the 99c's they just came out with and will stick with the S&S lifters.

If you are unhappy after all the changes you might consider what a lot of my buddies are doing, it's a nice package done by John Sachs with the 103.   Most are making 112-118 toque and 103-109 hp using the stock throttlebody.  He utilizes your stock heads cleans em up and decks them a bit and adds in a cam and tune and your done.   Now that I have said that, let the we can do that too trolling begin.  
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 02:54:55 PM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

wnogood

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 01:22:21 PM »

Here is where it gets complicated. The bike was tuned on a different dyno, before the cam change, with a PCIII, and made 92/94. The bike feels stronger now, especially down low. I had a 95" bike that made 101/107 and the bike I have now FEELS stronger. Is it possible that the dyno is just off? Im not going to lose sleep over some numbers, but it concerns me that "Seat of the pants" is not agreeing with "Tale of the tape"....

petewerner

• I live to ride, I love to ride, everyday I ride :)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Ride it like U stole it, live life the same way.

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTDSE Sold
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 01:35:52 PM »

Yes, it could be exactly that, 4th gear runs or the "made up" numbers didn't add up. Trust your butt.  Run with a buddy that has had some 'races' with each other on the slab or where ever, so that U can now run w/each other again and compare how it is now. That is easy for me cause my wife rides a hot rod and now I can stay ahead of that souped up CanAm sport trike.
1998 FLSTF with Kerker 2/1, Dyna 2000i single
       Fire Ignition, Chrome swing arm, Garrett Billet Wheels, Too much chrome
       2 list....
2011 FLTRx 103, Stage IV, SE Heavy Breather, SE Race Tuner, SE 58mm TB, V&H Power Duals, V&H H.O. Slipons=, Dyno tuned 117HP-111TQ :D Tank lift, drop seat, turning DARK

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 06 CVO Ultra - Sold
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 01:36:23 PM »

I agree something is amiss with your build/tune.

I also have an 06.  New, with just SE Silpon's & Air Cleaner & Dyno it made 94/101  This was tuned with SE Race Tuner

The motor was rebuilt at 30k miles due to an inner cam bearing failure, it now runs Yuill Bros Elite D Mufflers, Yuill Bros YB13 Gear Drive Cams, 10.25:1 forged pistions, only head work is just a mild clean up.

It now make 104/114  Tuned with TTS.  It hit's 100ftlb of Torque at 2400 and doesn't drop below 100ftlb until 5400, awesome torq curve.

Sorry, I don't have the dyno graph, I had a hard drive failure that ate it a year ago.
Bill (Sklywag)
  There are too many roads for one lifetime...

hogasm

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 05:56:39 PM »

Do not let numbers get you down.....you could line up 5 tuners side by side and get 5 different numbers

If you feel like the bike is stronger and you are happy with how it rides for the monies you have into it then you are good to go :2vrolijk_21:

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 07:11:17 AM »

I recently upgraded the cam plate and cams in my 2006 SEUC. I used the Andrews 48n cams, S&S pushrods, Comp lifters, Koyo inner cam bearings and tuned with a SERT. My end result was less than stellar. My dyno numbers were 87hp and 96tq. The bike runs great, but I really expected better results. What do you guys think?......

Good little combo.
Probably a little off, but I would not sweat it, as Doc has already mentioned.
Scott

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 20 queries.