Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Does 08 Corbin Classic fit to 09 SERG?  (Read 5643 times)

Juuell

Does 08 Corbin Classic fit to 09 SERG?
« on: April 23, 2012, 01:42:09 PM »

Came across a boss deal on a Corbin FLHX-8-CSE Classic Solo. Unfortunately the seat is about 4 Provinces away from my location so I can't try it before handing over the cash. Before I commit I was wondering if anyone out there in CVO land has actually tried to fit an 08 Corbin seat to an 09 SERG & be familiar with the problems I might encounter. I know the MOCO changed the touring frames between 08 & 09 but I thought that was just to eliminate welds by using the hydroforming process. The 09 SERG also has a different dashboard then other models which might or might not make a difference in the fit up. Thanks Juuell

Big Dog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
Re: Does 08 Corbin Classic fit to 09 SERG?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 02:07:20 PM »

On the 09, the seat has a female "socket" integrated in the front of the seat and there is a male "tab" on the frame that the seat slides into. On the earlier years, the seat has the "tab" in front of the seat and it slides into the frame. If the seat you're buying has the female "socket" in the front, then it should fit, if it has the tab, I have my doubts about fitment, do you have a picture of the underside of the seat you're buying?
Randy D
Kristie D, Angel on my shoulders, October 10, 1973-April 16, 2009

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 02:17:22 PM »

You might want to contact Corbin Technical Support.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Juuell

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 03:35:43 PM »

Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the U/S of the seat but I am sure if I ask I can get one. Appreciate the info it was a great help. Thanks Juuell

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 05:42:08 PM »

On the 09, the seat has a female "socket" integrated in the front of the seat and there is a male "tab" on the frame that the seat slides into. On the earlier years, the seat has the "tab" in front of the seat and it slides into the frame. If the seat you're buying has the female "socket" in the front, then it should fit, if it has the tab, I have my doubts about fitment, do you have a picture of the underside of the seat you're buying?

I have an '08 Sundowner I bought for my '08 SERK and it fits great on my '09 SERG.  They both have the slot in the seat bottom and the tab is on the frame behind the tank.

I don't think that HD says they fit from '08 to '09, but I know my seat does.  Also I have a '11 SESG seat on my '09 SERG now, so I would guess that my '08 seat would fit a '11 SESG as well.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 10:36:07 PM »

I have an '08 Sundowner I bought for my '08 SERK and it fits great on my '09 SERG.  They both have the slot in the seat bottom and the tab is on the frame behind the tank.

I don't think that HD says they fit from '08 to '09, but I know my seat does.  Also I have a '11 SESG seat on my '09 SERG now, so I would guess that my '08 seat would fit a '11 SESG as well.

X2  HD says they won't fit but I didn't let my seat know that! 08 SERK seats fit 11 SESG no problem.

JW

Juuell

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 06:09:41 AM »

Got a photo of the underside of the seat. It doesn't have a slot in the seat pan it has a metal side to side bracket that is shaped & positioned so that it will slide under the tab on the frame. It looks like it will work so I'm gonna take a chance and buy it. Will let you all know how I make out. If it doesn't fit I can always resell it. Thanks all for the comments & feedback. Juuell

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 07:04:03 AM »

I am 99% sure that an 08 seat will not fit an 09.  I had an 09 SERG and had a Corbin Solo on it.  I remember that they (Corbin) had quite a time coming out with a new seat for the 09 due to the frame changes in the touring 09's.  I agree it is best to call Corbin.  Good luck

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 08:00:23 AM »

Got a photo of the underside of the seat. It doesn't have a slot in the seat pan it has a metal side to side bracket that is shaped & positioned so that it will slide under the tab on the frame. It looks like it will work so I'm gonna take a chance and buy it. Will let you all know how I make out. If it doesn't fit I can always resell it. Thanks all for the comments & feedback. Juuell

FWIW-My wife has an 09 FLHX with a 09 Corbin solo.  In your picture, the chrome cable release goes up to the gas tank (ball stud goes on the frame tongue).  At the back of the seat, there is a tongue that slides into a metal bracket you bolt on the fender where the stock backrest bracket would mount.  To install the 09 Corbin solo on an 09, you slide the seat rearward into the fender mounting bracket and then push down on the front of the seat to snap it into the ballstud. 

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 10:58:45 AM »

I still stand by my findings on the stock HD seats.  If you are using a stock HD seat from an '08, it will fit a '09 frame within the FL family.  And the fact that I have an '11 SESG seat now on my '09 SERG, I would guess that the '08 will fit through all FL current years.

Now when it comes to aftermarket seats, all bets are off.  It seems that solo seats have added "snap" function parts for easy on and off attachment of their seat.  Not all seats are created equal.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 11:26:18 AM »

I still stand by my findings on the stock HD seats.  If you are using a stock HD seat from an '08, it will fit a '09 frame within the FL family.  And the fact that I have an '11 SESG seat now on my '09 SERG, I would guess that the '08 will fit through all FL current years.

Now when it comes to aftermarket seats, all bets are off.  It seems that solo seats have added "snap" function parts for easy on and off attachment of their seat.  Not all seats are created equal.

Dan, you're referring to a HD OEM seat.  The title and his first post is asking about a Corbin seat.  Totally different mounting system between stock and Corbin......apples and oranges. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 11:40:53 AM »

Apple:    :apple:

Orange:    :orange:

Sorry, I could not resist!   :oops:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 12:26:37 PM »

Apple:    :apple:

Orange:    :orange:

Sorry, I could not resist!   :oops:

OK.....it was apples to oranges.  Not strawberrys to oranges. :nervous:  You need to move to the back of the class. :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 01:47:48 PM »

Just call Corbin and ask them.

The 2008 model is in fact when Harley changed to the current mounting system for the seats, with the tab at the rear of the tank instead of on the seat.  It was changed in conjunction with the switch to the new six gallon fuel tanks.

The Corbin uses a latch pin as Boatman posted, not a slot and tab.  The pin is mounted to the tab.

When all else fails check the installation instructions for the real scoop.  Copy attached.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 12:21:02 PM »

Dan, you're referring to a HD OEM seat.  The title and his first post is asking about a Corbin seat.  Totally different mounting system between stock and Corbin......apples and oranges. :nixweiss:

Well said...

My observation on OEM seats from '08 / '09 is irrelevant to his needs.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.345 seconds with 24 queries.