Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: garmin bluetooth, intercom phone connection  (Read 3106 times)

SE-5

• Junior CVO Member
garmin bluetooth, intercom phone connection
« on: April 26, 2012, 10:37:43 AM »

Tried to do a search, nothing came up but I'm sure it has been covered, guess I'm just missing the key words.  Want to connect my phone via bluetooth to my Roadtec (Garmin 660)GPS and talk on it through my (stock) headset.   is there a specific post somewhere here?  am I going in the wrong direction and need a different set up?  Thanks.  
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 10:48:30 AM by SE-5 »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: garmin bluetooth, intercom phone connection
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 10:52:18 AM »

Tried to do a search, nothing came up but I'm sure it has been covered, guess I'm just missing the key words.  Want to connect my phone via bluetooth to my Roadtec (Garmin 660)GPS and talk on it through my (stock) headset.   is there a specific post somewhere here?  am I going in the wrong direction and need a sifferent set up?  Thanks. 

The bluetooth connection you'll make is between the GPS unit and the phone.  None of that transmits downhill to the bike with the stock equipment.

A site member here called James Bissonette (anyone remember Jim's username?) makes a device that (if I remember correctly) adds the capability you're looking for.  It's called the HD-bomm.  Do a search by that device name and see if you score well.

RetSUBLDO

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '19 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: '13 FLHRSE - sold
    • CVO3: '10 FLHTCUSE - sold
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 11:18:51 AM »

A site member here called James Bissonette (anyone remember Jim's username?) makes a device that (if I remember correctly) adds the capability you're looking for.  It's called the HD-bomm.  Do a search by that device name and see if you score well.

bissjim is Jim's user name.

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 06:50:10 AM »

www.hdbomm.com or call me @ 302-670-6368

Do not forget the CVO discount web site: www.hdbomm.com/cvo.html

This is a hidden page so use the link above, you can not access it through the main web site.

Jim
Ride It Like You Are Retired

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 08:29:49 AM »

Many people have asked me to send them installation pictures to help them gain confidence in installing the H-D Bomm. I figured that if a picture is worth 1000 words then a video has to be worth millions so I made a short video of the installation on a Harmon Kardon equipped Harley. Please do not put me in for an acting award, I am many things but not an actor. I admit it is not the best video ever made but it gets the point across and may be helpful for some.

Jim

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 09:49:52 AM »

Many people have asked me to send them installation pictures to help them gain confidence in installing the H-D Bomm. I figured that if a picture is worth 1000 words then a video has to be worth millions so I made a short video of the installation on a Harmon Kardon equipped Harley. Please do not put me in for an acting award, I am many things but not an actor. I admit it is not the best video ever made but it gets the point across and may be helpful for some.

Jim
Jim, your video is much better than many I have seen.  Very clear, concise and shows exactly what must be done.   :2vrolijk_21:

Jerry

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 11:13:21 AM »

Jim

From what a couple of others had said knew your device was supposed to be a nice simple hook up.  Didn't know it was that easy though.  That video has to be reassuring for anyone interested.

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 07:19:35 AM »

Thank you I was expecting comments like "don't give up your day job" or "do not move to Hollywood".  :apple:

Jim

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 10:38:24 AM »

Thank you I was expecting comments like "don't give up your day job" or "do not move to Hollywood".  :apple:

Jim

No reason.  Nothing the matter with that effort.  Details the facts that need to be known and does so clearly.  Not fancy; but doesn't need to be.  Just gets the job done.  Though I am glad you didn't perform the demonstration in a bikini.  That would've been been, uh....;  disconcerting.....

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 06:14:22 AM »

Though I am glad you didn't perform the demonstration in a bikini.  That would've been been, uh....;  disconcerting.....

LOL  :huepfenlol2:

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 20 queries.