Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: SESG Handle Bars / Shoulder pain  (Read 4489 times)

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
Re: SESG Handle Bars / Shoulder pain
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 08:43:53 AM »

I definitely noticed a difference in the stock handle bar position between my 08 SG vs 12 SG.  On the 12 it feels like I'm reaching forward more than on the 08.  I'm getting ready to put on the 575's and I'm hoping they will solve the problem.
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

2Manytoys

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 09:17:44 AM »

I am 6'2" with 32" inseam so I sit tall in the saddle and had the same shoulder/neck pain on my 09 SG. Switch to the WO575's and the pain was gone. I had to put a 4" over clutch cable on but everything else was fine. When I bought my 12 SG CVO I had the dealear swap my bars to the new ride. No change in lines required. As was stated before my hands are in the lower inside corner of the mirriors. That bothered the heck out of me at firat but now I hardly notice them.

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 09:07:11 AM »

I had the same problem on my '12 SEUC and just installed the HD Touring pullback. 2" higher and 2" closer, problem is solved.
No need to change cables either.

P&A book states not compatible with fairing mount mirrors? Are the 575's bend different or does the Mo Co
have different disclosure laws being the Mo Co? Harley's bars are alot less money too  :nixweiss:
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 11:23:58 AM »

Just rode over 150 miles on my '12 SG with my new Chubby 575's and they are much better than the stock bars.  I would get the burn between my shoulders with the stock bars but did not with the new bars.  I am 5'6" and for you guy's taller than me but still burning, they would be perfect for you.  I like the looks cause they are bigger in diameter and the wrist angle is so much more comfortable.  I think one reason they eliminate the burn is because they spread your arms 2" more apart than stock and this helps to eliminate the "squeeze" I felt from pulling my arms in closer.  I was also able to use my stock cables.  They do cause your hands to block the lower portion of your fairing mounted mirrors but with some mirror adjustment I found this acceptable.  Hope this helps everyone that had any questions about these bars.
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 11:37:34 AM »

P&A book states not compatible with fairing mount mirrors? Are the 575's bend different or does the Mo Co
have different disclosure laws being the Mo Co? Harley's bars are alot less money too  :nixweiss:

Less money, but the 575's look 100 times better on the bike as the visible part of the bars is 1.25" in diameter instead of 1.00".  I had the 575's on my '06 SEUC and if I owned another Batwing bike, that's what would be on it.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2012, 12:33:24 PM »

Ditto for the WO575s.  Have them on my 07 and just added to my 12 a couple months ago.  Awesome looking but even better for comfort and control.  Only replacement bar I would consider on a bat wing motorcycle.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Wayne G

• Senior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2011 Kyrpto CVO SESG2 2/17/11
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
    • CVO3: 2016 Softail Slim S
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 07:22:06 PM »

Less money, but the 575's look 100 times better on the bike as the visible part of the bars is 1.25" in diameter instead of 1.00".  I had the 575's on my '06 SEUC and if I owned another Batwing bike, that's what would be on it.
X2 on the look of the fatter 575s.

I never even noticed the bar difference until my buddy helping me install them said "wow these thicker bars look great", I had to stop and look even holding up the stock bars to compare!  I know I know PICTURES  sorry I didn't take any. 
But at 6'1" the bars are perfect (pain gone) and the mirrors are sufficient for now.  The Mo Co has to say the stock mirrors are not compatable because of liability, if anything at all blocks your vision that would require an automatic statement for our litigious society!!!!  Just my 2cents.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 20 queries.