Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Author Topic: (California/Arizona), Nevada, Utah, Colorado  (Read 65083 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: (California/Arizona), Nevada, Utah, Colorado
« Reply #165 on: June 08, 2012, 02:07:52 PM »

The next morning I got up early to try to capture a series of sunrise photos.  Need Jock or Terry’s skill level for these shots…..I’ll wait for one of them to tell me what I should have or could have done in this situation, for a better pic.  But here are a few that I got….

Time to roll……

Terrie takes the lead….

You have to watch out for the free roaming cattle, dogs, donkeys…..all forms of livestock and wildlife….

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #166 on: June 08, 2012, 02:08:50 PM »

And Don’s turn to take the lead…..

Navajo’s have their own highway signs….

Last night Terrie told me that she changed her mind, doesn’t want to sell the bikes and trying to talk me out of it.  Women!

The Ismay Trading Post.  Another real deal, no pretense about it.  And target practicing right in the parking lot….

That’s a whole lot of broken bottles…..

Several deer in the clearing….moving to fast to catch all of them in this shot…

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #167 on: June 08, 2012, 02:10:52 PM »

A couple little cow pokes playing up on the gate post of a guest ranch….what a life to raise kids in.  This place is out in the middle of nowhere.  I don’t think we saw more than two vehicles in 65 miles.

We finally arrive at the Best Western in Cortez, Colo….

Time for lunch….just a short walk across the street…

Two interesting signs….

The park post office….

After visiting Mesa Verde we just went back to the hotel and had an easy afternoon and evening.  By the way, this hotel has both an indoor and outdoor pool and hot tub.

West Coast GTG   

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #168 on: June 08, 2012, 05:27:48 PM »

Did I read what I thought I read between those pictures  :nixweiss: that maybe you won't be selling the bikes  :-*.  And women are permitted to change their minds (thanks Terrie, keep talking to him)  :P
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #169 on: June 08, 2012, 06:55:42 PM »

Did I read what I thought I read between those pictures  :nixweiss: that maybe you won't be selling the bikes  :-*.  And women are permitted to change their minds (thanks Terrie, keep talking to him)  :P
You did...

Last night Terrie told me that she changed her mind, doesn’t want to sell the bikes and trying to talk me out of it.  Women!

That’s a whole lot of broken bottles…..

JC you've got a very smart wife (don't know how you talked her into marrying you :D) and she can shoot a gun :nervous:... I'd listen to her if I were you and the last thing that would come out of my mouth would be "yes dear". ;D ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #170 on: June 08, 2012, 09:16:28 PM »

Let's just say that the decision is on hold for the moment.  She's out of town this evening and will probably not be home until after I'm in bed.  But we're trailering the bikes over to Jim's tomorrow (drop them off for the week, for the 50k service on both bikes).  We'll have plenty of time to continue the conversation on the drive over and back.

It's interesting how quick she forgets all the pain and only remembers the good times.  Maybe it's because the pain is greater for me than for her. :nixweiss:  The doctors have always told me that I have a very high threashold for pain......but you can't prove that by me.  When I'm feeling it, it's excrciating.  Tried talking my chropracter into taking up motorcycling so he can go with us.  He told me I'd have to talk his wife into it first.  She was in the office when we were talking about it once.....she just gave me the "look". :nervous:

West Coast GTG   

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #171 on: June 08, 2012, 09:59:16 PM »

Let's just say that the decision is on hold for the moment.  She's out of town this evening and will probably not be home until after I'm in bed.  But we're trailering the bikes over to Jim's tomorrow (drop them off for the week, for the 50k service on both bikes).  We'll have plenty of time to continue the conversation on the drive over and back.

It's interesting how quick she forgets all the pain and only remembers the good times.  Maybe it's because the pain is greater for me than for her. :nixweiss:  The doctors have always told me that I have a very high threashold for pain......but you can't prove that by me.  When I'm feeling it, it's excrciating.  Tried talking my chropracter into taking up motorcycling so he can go with us.  He told me I'd have to talk his wife into it first.  She was in the office when we were talking about it once.....she just gave me the "look". :nervous:

JC, the pictures are beautiful  ;D. My first question would be, if you guys are in what looks like "Red" dirt desert, than why are you still wearing chaps.  :nixweiss:  I understand long sleeves, keeping the sun off your skin keeps you cooler, but chaps?  :confused5:  Loved the wild donkey's and the beautiful house you guy's stayed in and I noticed you and Terrie got the master bedroom  :P  :2vrolijk_21:.  And about selling the bikes,...Terrie has flashback's of all the great time's you guy's have had and maybe those memories are closer to her heart than the painful one's.  I know that you two will "give and take" and somewhere in the middle you will both follow your hearts and make the right decision.  Thank you again for another great riding trip.  :1syellow1: :beerchug:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #172 on: June 08, 2012, 11:28:47 PM »

Great pics jc thanks. You should publish a western usa/ca motorcycle travel guide.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #173 on: June 09, 2012, 09:29:36 AM »

JC, the pictures are beautiful  ;D. My first question would be, if you guys are in what looks like "Red" dirt desert, than why are you still wearing chaps.  :nixweiss:  I understand long sleeves, keeping the sun off your skin keeps you cooler, but chaps?  :confused5:  Loved the wild donkey's and the beautiful house you guy's stayed in and I noticed you and Terrie got the master bedroom  :P  :2vrolijk_21:.  And about selling the bikes,...Terrie has flashback's of all the great time's you guy's have had and maybe those memories are closer to her heart than the painful one's.  I know that you two will "give and take" and somewhere in the middle you will both follow your hearts and make the right decision.  Thank you again for another great riding trip.  :1syellow1: :beerchug:

I didn't take chaps.  However, even in red rock (or red dirt) country, it can still get very cold in the mornings.  Some, like Andy & Sherry wear their leathers all the time, no matter the temps.

By the way, Terrie got home right after I posted yesterday and we had "more" conversation.  I can't exactly say it went in my favor.  It's a hard thing to deal with when my heart wants to keep riding......it's my body that wants to stop. :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 09:31:10 AM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #174 on: June 09, 2012, 09:32:02 AM »

Great pics jc thanks. You should publish a western usa/ca motorcycle travel guide.

You'll have to send it to me.  After that trip, I'll be broke for the next two years and four months. :nervous:

West Coast GTG   

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #175 on: June 09, 2012, 01:15:17 PM »

Mesa Verde

Down to the gate securing the trail. Richard saved this girl from falling down the steps. She had to hang around her hero!

Everybody look over here and wave!

Climbing up and out.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 02:03:33 AM by DDavidson »
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #176 on: June 09, 2012, 01:49:32 PM »

Hot tubbing.

Thawing out at dinner

Hamburger cheese? What?

Eureka

Mining picture.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 02:07:22 AM by DDavidson »
Semper Fi

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #177 on: June 10, 2012, 01:46:58 AM »

Bryce Canyon

Semper Fi

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #178 on: June 10, 2012, 05:39:25 PM »

Great shots and great ride!!  I've been to some of those places, but will have to visit the others in the next few years, by whatever means.

JC...the only way to get those shots and not have the foreground dark is to use a Graduated Neutral Density filter...about a 2 stop version, and get the square kind, not the screw on the lens kind.  You can just hold it by the top corner and put it over the lens.  You have to expose for the foreground and the ND filter holds back the sky exposure.  It's just about necessary to do a manual exposure.  It's a lot of trouble, but sometimes worth it.

Mesa Verde is a neat place...you've got a good eye.  I've got nearly the same shot of one of the dwellings....
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #179 on: June 10, 2012, 08:36:49 PM »

Thanks a bunch for the tip Terry.

I'll get back to posting some more of the ride pics tomorrow.  I think we're about 2/3 the way through them. :nixweiss:

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Page created in 0.231 seconds with 22 queries.