Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Blemish in Stock Seat  (Read 934 times)

T-Hawk

• Civil Engineering Tech, US Air Force (Ret)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • "Sheila" My Big Tank Lady
    • AK

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6
    • CVO2: 20?? FXDWG?
Blemish in Stock Seat
« on: May 30, 2012, 08:18:01 PM »

I performed a search on the site, and did not find anything related to my question, so here goes...

Not long after having ridden the new bike, I started to notice that the stock seat had what looked to me like one of those raised tattoos that are somewhat popular.

Thinking to myself, it's not a big deal... I noticed it seemed to get worse each ride that I used the heater for the seat.

I had called my dealer to arrange to bring it in for them to take a look, but didn't get around to it before heading out for the Memorial weekend.

After three days of riding in the rain, after I got home and cleaned up the bike, I noticed the blemishes were gone.

Does this sound like it might be connected somehow the the wiring in the seat for the heating element... wiring too close to the surface?

If I could have posted a picture I certainly would have, but after riding and parking in pretty steady rain, the seat seems to have re-hydrated enough to smooth out any noticeable defects.

Regular washing didn't seem to remedy the problem, but three days in the rain made quite a difference.

Seat functions perfectly... just not that pretty to look at.   8)
"Catching a Hornet inside your jacket at 65mph will more than double your vocabulary"
Tailgunner "Gunships"
Crusher True Duals
Barnett Carbon Fiber Performance Clutch
TTS Master Tune
CustomDynamics LED

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 20 queries.