Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Wheeldock E-Z Up Stand  (Read 17471 times)

popsracing

• Full CVO Member
  • 2011 CVO Road Glide SE
Re: Wheeldock E-Z Up Stand
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2013, 06:01:00 PM »

I just ordered a Wheeldock stand for my 2011 FLTRUSE CVO Roadglide.  I e-mailed Rod and he said I needed the model #CS-09-DF. It has 1/4in longer legs to accommodate the larger wheels on the CVO.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 06:03:09 PM by popsracing »
2011 CVO FLHTRUSE
FULLSAC DX pipe W/2" baffles & TTS tuned
SoCal Tru-HID headlights
Easy Up center stand
Tour Pack Quick Detach Docking Kit Installed

IF YOUR GONNA BE A BEAR...BE A GRIZZLY

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2013, 11:22:19 PM »

:confused5:
I read thru most of these posts pretty quickly,  and maybe missed any ref. to getting the damn bike OFF of the centerstand.  I bought one of those Wheeldock stands and yes,  ya gotta get the "drill" down (with the kickstand down as a precaution) to get an 850 pound plus PIG onto it.  However,  (unlike my Triumph of many, many yrs past),  you (or at least I cannot) ride it off of the stand.  Even with a passenger,  most of the time I have to "rock" the bike to get it off of the stand..............elsewise,  I'm burning miles of tread off of the rear tire as it sits there and smokes and we're going nowhere. :-\

I had the same problems when I had one on my '09.  I had a heck of a time getting it on the stand, and every time I used it, someone had to push my bike from the rear to get me off the stand.  I still have a big rut in my driveway where I kept spinning trying to get back in the garage after cleaning the bike.  I bought it from Wheeldock  at the Myrtle Beach rally and they installed it.  I called them within days of getting back home, couldn't figure out why it didn't work as advertised, and they took it back for a full refund.  Because of that, I won't be putting one on my new bike either.  I've seen other people with them and they work great.

Phantom6722

« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2013, 08:04:40 AM »

yep been there done that; I had to take the extra foot off the bottom of the stand because I put aftermarket suspension on my CVO which would allow the bike to ride off the stand. Good customer service from the guys at Wheeldock's.

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2013, 12:19:05 AM »

I'm on the fence about having a center stand on the touring bikes. I reckon if the bike loaded down too much and you had good ground clearance then it would be fine while riding. That doesn't fit how we load the bike and I've drug (that don't look right) the stand a few times. Now that I'm gearing up for the Fullsac DX pipe I don't think the 2 will be able to share the same space and more than likely mine will come off. I'll see if it will fit and report back on it but Steve has already mentioned that it probably wouldn't fit. I've only run the stand on a bike equipped with rinehart true duals so I don't have an idea on how they fit with stock pipes. It was convient to have on there and very steady so maybe I'll just beat the heck out of the new pipe and smash it down to an oval so the stand will fit. Or not.  ;D
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2013, 06:45:23 PM »

:-\
Yep,  I too have had the damn stand "drag" in a tight curve.   This coupled with the problem dragging in some parking lots with those damn "speed bumps" and the fact me and my wife don't weigh enough together to get enough traction on the rear wheel to ride off instead of burn rubber..........says I will be removing mine and trying to find a buyer. :soapbox: 

senorjeem

• Starting Out
  • Full CVO Member
  • I SURVIVED THE MAYAN END OF DAYS!!!
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2013, 04:06:27 PM »

Does anyone know where on the product the type # is located.  I found a used one, and they dont seem to know what model it is.

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2013, 06:18:07 PM »

I believe mine was the sticker next to the logo on the underside. Got wiped off when I cleaned it while prepping for extending feet. No other markings anywhere else on it. This was made in 08 though, maybe they've stamped the metal now? Best to call company and ask  :nixweiss:

senorjeem

• Starting Out
  • Full CVO Member
  • I SURVIVED THE MAYAN END OF DAYS!!!
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2013, 10:24:40 PM »

Thanks

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2013, 01:08:36 AM »

Rock n Roll, I think the E-Z Up Stand sounds like a good idea. However just a little info regarding the stability of double stand vs side stand: to anyone who lives where earthquakes happen I can tell you for sure your bike will be safer on side stand. I have been thru 2 earthquakes in So Cal,  the bikes I had on the double Wheeldock type stand fell over, the ones on the regular kick stands did not. These bikes were not Harley's but both earthquakes 1971 and the 1994 made the house shake a lot and both times the bikes on kick stands stayed upright. I wish I knew why.CAHDBIKER

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2013, 11:10:36 PM »

Rock n Roll, ... but both earthquakes 1971 and the 1994 made the house shake a lot...

I lived in NorCal in '86-89. The '89 World Series shakefest that collapsed I-880 and dropped an upper deck section of the Bay Bridge scared me enough to move all the way to HOTlanta in 1992! I'll deal with tornados and thunderstorms, thank you...

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2013, 08:09:06 PM »

:-\

" I can tell you for sure your bike will be safer on side stand.".................While for the most part,  I would agree with this comment,  damned if there aren't situations where that logic goes down the drain.

It seems if you peruse recent posts regarding the (hydraulic clutch recall) made by Harley............where they don't even want ya to ride your bike to the dealer for service,.///////they wanna come and haul it in for the recall

One of the mentioned "problems" with the hydraulic clutch and the wrong parts used............is leaving the bike on its kick stand thus causing the clutch master cylinder to allow (air into the cylinder if the lever is pressed) prior to being "upright"..............thus causing the clutch NOT to disengage as you would want.

Ain't it fun owning a Harley and not being sure just where that adventure make take ya. :nervous:

redharleymn

• Ride Everyday!
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2013, 11:33:05 PM »

Every center stand from Wheeldock has a number stamped on the top of the foot.

If your bike is a 2008 - Older - it will either be a 1, 2, 3, 4

If your bike is a 2009 - Current - it will either be a 09, 09L or 09LL

Hope this helps.

Nitrobrother

• CVO1: 2009 SERG Yellow
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2013, 06:36:37 PM »

I'm trying to sell my '09 SERG, but if it turns out (financially) that I can keep it I still have the issue of getting it up off the jiffy stand.  I have a wonky left ankle and can't push on it to go for a ride (okay, okay, "I can't get it up anymore" is what you're thinking, right?).  The Wheeldock stand looks like a possible solution.  I've watched all the videos on how it works, but none of the demonstrators look like they've had multiple ankle surgeries, multiple breaks, and a general lack of Ankle Maintenance.  My question is this: How much effort is required to, um...get it up?  I remember the effort required for my '81 Yamaha Seca 650 and don't think I could do that today.  I'm NOT going to get a trike, so either I find a stand that will help, sell the bike to someone with two working ankles, or hire somebody who will travel with me to help hoist up the beast.
Current:
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide - Yellow
Previous bikes:
2008 Street Glide - Black Pearl
2005 Softail Deluxe - Blue/White
2004 Road Glide - Smokey Gold
2003 Road Glide - Anniversary
(kids - 20+ bike-less years)
1981 Yamaha Seca 650 - what a great bike

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2013, 06:47:09 PM »

I'm trying to sell my '09 SERG, but if it turns out (financially) that I can keep it I still have the issue of getting it up off the jiffy stand.  I have a wonky left ankle and can't push on it to go for a ride (okay, okay, "I can't get it up anymore" is what you're thinking, right?).  The Wheeldock stand looks like a possible solution.  I've watched all the videos on how it works, but none of the demonstrators look like they've had multiple ankle surgeries, multiple breaks, and a general lack of Ankle Maintenance.  My question is this: How much effort is required to, um...get it up?  I remember the effort required for my '81 Yamaha Seca 650 and don't think I could do that today.  I'm NOT going to get a trike, so either I find a stand that will help, sell the bike to someone with two working ankles, or hire somebody who will travel with me to help hoist up the beast.

How much would it pay???

Has anyone tried one of these from the MOCO - they claim it can be adjusted to just hold the bike up without lifting the rear tire -

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/center-stand-pa-17-9895908--1
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

redharleymn

• Ride Everyday!
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2013, 08:24:48 PM »

Based on your ankles; you can always pick the EZ-Up Center Stand from the side of the bike.  It's easier that way.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 20 queries.