Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Forced Convection System  (Read 9479 times)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
Re: Forced Convection System
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2012, 10:01:31 AM »

Whichever system they come out with some of us (not me this time) will be the test pilots to work the bugs out. Good luck to those who do.

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2012, 10:34:33 AM »

Jerry, I heard from someone that the next big thing is actually going to be a multitasking heating/cooling/rider comfort/medical applications system.  Harley is supposed to start with oil fed application (because they're lazy, because they can, and because they can sell a retrofit program update later to change what they FUBAR'd the first time) then later update.

The miracle of this multifunction system is a pressurized system that goes from the oil bag through a pump then to the front head, the back head, then the saddle before returning to the oil bag.  There will be a separate thermostat (rider controls being an accessory option) to control the porting through the saddle.  With this system the heads will be coked cooled and the saddle will be heated.  Along with heating the saddle the "hydraulic pulsation resultant from operation of the oil pump in combination with the cyclical harmonics resonating through the oil system stemming from engine operation will serve to massage the rider's gluteal muscles to extend the riding day and alleviate hemorrhoids."

It's a win-win.

Awesome imagination. LOL ;D They could make a popcorn popper if they came off the back head before going to the seat. Or maybe a coffee pot.
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

CVOThunder

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2012, 01:00:43 AM »

Update. Jason found some granite color to match the CVO and is getting ready to run off a batch. Should blend in pretty well with stainless grills. I'm going to order up a set but it'll be awhile before I post photos. He has some pre production photos I'll post now but if he has other pics of the granite then I'll post them later on. These blanks are unpainted for now.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 01:02:24 AM by CVOThunder »
2007 Softail Custom

CVOThunder

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2012, 01:03:15 AM »

x2
2007 Softail Custom

BryantH

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: CVO SERG - Silver 2009
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2012, 07:56:53 AM »

CVO Thunder,

I'd be interested in a set.........

BryantH

CVOThunder

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2012, 09:24:43 AM »

Hey Bryant, you might be better off contacting or reading about it on his thread. I could pm you his email or business link as well if that works. I'm not affiliated with him other than hoping he does well in his business venture. If you want a hand getting connected let me know. Cheers, Wayne

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/713596-built-the-best-engine-cooling-system-again-new-post.html
2007 Softail Custom

BryantH

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: CVO SERG - Silver 2009
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2012, 09:34:41 AM »

Thanks CVOThunder,
I'll go to his website and order. Thanks for letting us know that he's working on Granite color for the CVO's.

BryantH

CVOThunder

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2012, 09:42:03 AM »

There ya go brother! Enjoy.
2007 Softail Custom

CVOThunder

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2012, 06:40:16 PM »

Just a couple of pictures of the fans to show what they look like.
2007 Softail Custom

CVOThunder

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2012, 06:44:04 PM »

Oh and she's filthy just coming off a 2,200 mile road trip. Should have taken the pics after I cleaned her up.
2007 Softail Custom

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2012, 08:13:10 PM »

Do you have an oil temp gauge, and if so, what effect do the fans have on you're oil temp?

They don't look to bad installed. Might be worthwhile for those of us that regularly ride in heavy traffic -- personally something I try to avoid.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

CVOThunder

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2012, 09:53:50 AM »

Yeah, I should have put more down in writing. It was late so I was just adding a couple of pics. No temp gauge and I just used it a few times in those rare heavy traffic sitations. More of a precautionary tactic while sitting at a long light with just a couple of times going through a town that had heavy traffic. Never in the US long enough to install a good gauge but I do want to get it done sometime. It did seem to keep the temps down a bit so that when I pulled away from a light there weren't any abnormal heat problems.

Sounds like a jet engine when you fire them off and kind of unique to show people. Probably not a needed item if you have any speed at all and really doubt I needed it for the short riding time I have but it was just one of those things I wanted to do. Last year I got stuck in Portland traffic (maybe I already posted that earlier) and pulled off the cool the engine. Thought I'd be able to go around it but there's only 2 bridges that get you into Wahington so I wound up waiting for it to clear a bit. Hit Portland again this year on a Friday  but thought I'd be early enough coming through at 3pm. Wasn't as bad as last year but I still wound up turning them on as it was bumper to bumper for a few minutes. Glad I had them if nothing else than for added security.
By going to LED headlights I had enough juice and didn't worry about draining the battery since they take a couple of amps (guessing) to run.

I do like the way they blend in with the bike and glad I bought them. They'll come in real handy if I decide to go to a bigger engine.
2007 Softail Custom

CVOThunder

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2012, 10:32:09 AM »

Oh hey, Jason now has a automatic thermal switch that I didn't know about. Here's his product page if you want to read that part of it.

http://www.wardspartswerks.com/thermal-switch.html

I've gone back to the hdforum site about where I left for vacation. Lots to read on the remaining thread and I'm trying to find the original page where he says he found a better solution to his previous attempt. I also read about a structural failure on one of his earlier posts but he builds them differently now.

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/713596-built-the-best-engine-cooling-system-again-92.html

Page where Tedman has a problem with his fans. Speedy responce by Jason. I don't sell these or get any cash from them, just passing the word if people need these.

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/713596-built-the-best-engine-cooling-system-again-97.html

Ok, he starts explaining the thermal switch here. Looks like I'll be ordering one up as well. I was pleased to read that a guy left his fans on all night and was still able to start it the next morning. Maybe these don't draw as much as I thought.

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/713596-built-the-best-engine-cooling-system-again-100.html
2007 Softail Custom

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2012, 11:14:02 AM »

Still waiting for the 4 cylinder V-rod engine in the touring bike............................
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2012, 11:49:53 AM »

Still waiting for the 4 cylinder V-rod engine in the touring bike............................
I like the sound of that! :2vrolijk_21:
Double the cubes with water cooled...that would make vmax owners shiver.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 20 queries.