Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Another bad radio  (Read 613 times)

Master Guns

• Senior CVO Member
  • USMC MGySgt Retired (1968 - 1990)

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
Another bad radio
« on: June 21, 2012, 12:51:50 PM »

The wife rides a 2011 Limited.  She was on her second radio when the speakers would shut off while listening to the radio/IPOD.  She found that if she turned the speaker switch back and forth, the speakers would come back on.  We took the bike to High Country Harley and they experienced the same problem while test driving the bike.  They called Harley and was given a whole laundry list of things to do to ensure this radio was not bad also.  After doing what Harley desired, High Country put in a new radio at Harley's expense and drove the bike about 40 miles with no problems.  When we picked it up last night, High Country told us they had just received a call from from another Ultra customer with the exact same issue. 

So far, the wife has not experienced the problems she was having and is very happy with the new radio and High Country Harley.
Semper Fi

You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

Re: Another bad radio
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 09:32:36 PM »

Glad your dealer stood up for his customer.  Also that her new radio is working fine ....... for now  :nervous:

Master Guns

• Senior CVO Member
  • USMC MGySgt Retired (1968 - 1990)

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 10:26:46 AM »

Glad your dealer stood up for his customer.  Also that her new radio is working fine ....... for now  :nervous:

From some of the horror stories I have read on this site, we do have a great dealer.  They have always taken good care of us and our bikes.
Semper Fi

You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

StevesCVO

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 11:39:11 PM »

I just went through the exact same problem with mine. Refurb radio they replaced it with wouldn't keep time. You could set the time but it wouldn't change and when you shut the bike off it would reset to 12:00. Waited a week to get another one and so far so good. If I didn't use the CB or intercom on long trips I would throw the POS in the trash and get an aftermarket head unit.

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 20 queries.