Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: I admit it - I don't get it, engine power that is.  (Read 3332 times)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: I admit it - I don't get it, engine power that is.
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 10:54:02 PM »

Simple answer

The definition of enough power is when you never find the end of the throttle!  :2vrolijk_21:
Good answer, thanks.  I have all I need or want.   :2vrolijk_21:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 11:22:14 PM »

Back in 08 I rode a friend of mine's 08 CVO ultra in stock form. It was impressive from idle
to 4000 rpm but it started to quit pulling and by 4500 it felt like it quit pulling altogether.
I had to shift to keep it pulling. To me it just signed off to early. If I am in the mountains
and I have a short straight to get around a slow car I want to be able to pass without
having to shift to keep it pulling. My 103 on the other hand will pull from 2500 to the
rev limiter without ever feeling like it is running out of gas.

Low rpm torque is good but I would rather have an engine that pulls all the way through
the rpm range. JMHO.

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2012, 08:41:53 AM »

Just recently .. i read somewhere (coulda been on this forum)   "If its worth doin ... Its worth OVERDOIN " this seems to apply in reference to these CVOs.. Jus sayin .. :2vrolijk_21:

as an amendment .. I would like to add that " yes its enuf .. BUT.. that is what everybody else has .. " could you possibly settle for that ..
 That would be like the starter kit .. LOL
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 02:03:53 PM by barefoot3zk5 »

bhtko

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2012, 11:58:20 AM »

Isn't the stock 110 powerful enough is like asking "Doesn't the bike have enough chrome?" or "Don't the stock pipes sound good enough?" or "Isn't a standard H-D good enough instead of a CVO?"

There are a million questions like this that can be asked but it all comes down to what you like and want.  In reality motor work is really no different than adding a chrome piece, passenger footboards or highway pegs to the bike.  What we "need" rarely has anything to do with it. :)  Sure the stock motors will do the job for some but others prefer a little extra pep.  If you want it and can afford it then go for it!  :2vrolijk_21:

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 05:42:33 PM »

Sorry but a stock 110 from the factory doesn't come close for me.  I'll take a cool running 120/120 anyday of the week.  If I need it it's there. 

MadCVORG

• '11 FLTRUSE
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2012, 09:02:32 AM »

Half the fun of a Harley is riding. The other half is wrenching. Increased breathing efficiency, better throttle response, acceleration that doesn't peter out at 4500RPM, higher power figures without seriously affecting MPG, better sounding motor, cooler running, or better looks--take your pick.  Stock is fine, but the ability to improve performance is an enjoymrnt all its own.

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2012, 08:11:48 PM »

YEP.. And yet another half of the fun .. (how many halves is they ??) Is bustin yo buddies ntz cause he didnt get it either and thought stock was fine ... LOL

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 09:52:22 PM »

YEP.. And yet another half of the fun .. (how many halves is they ??) Is bustin yo buddies ntz cause he didnt get it either and thought stock was fine ... LOL

Exactly just ask Hubbard LOL.    :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

tweeter13

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2012, 12:00:11 AM »

I have to say. I have been riding sport bikes for the last 21 years.  my last harley was a amy 1200 that would always have electrical problems.  I really got tired of fixing them and didnt have time to make it faster lol.  but going the the metric sport bikes where the power dont even come in till 4500 rpms.  Then going to a Ultra Is a Major diff. in riding.  I still do feel a pull slight though it may be up to the rev limiter in the stock form of my bike.  I was very very impressed compared to my friends bikes.  By the way none of them even have a 103.  Cant wait to start up grading to the stage one Fullsac. 
18 Monsterbrite led lights
Fullsac DX head pipe
Fullsac 2.25 baffles
TTS master-tune
George Anderson tourpac relocator

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 06 CVO Ultra - Sold
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2012, 12:34:37 AM »

80, 88, 96, 103, 110, 120

There is one thing that is always a truth....

You can't beat cubic inches!  :nixweiss:
Bill (Sklywag)
  There are too many roads for one lifetime...

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2012, 06:48:36 AM »

.................unless the larger engine is a dud.
Scott
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 24 queries.