Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: tour pack relocation  (Read 7095 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: tour pack relocation
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2006, 11:06:28 AM »

Rob...can't imagine that they did anything to change this part of the bike for 07.  Mine was in the right location when I picked the bike up, and was one of the things I checked, thanks to this site.  My passenger has plenty of room back there, but she's a small woman, and I have also moved my backrest up (towards the front of the bike) one hole which helps me have better back support and as a bonus gives her a bit more room in front of her sitting position.  The only down side to moving the backrest is that it creates a bit of a gap behind the rest, where the bracket goes into the seat, and pushes the leather up a bit...

Depending on the height of your passenger, or leg length, it could create an issue with her leg contacting the bag guard with her feet on the boards if you move it back too far.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2006, 04:12:41 PM »

Anymore updates on this? Anyone with an 07 felt the need to get one yet? I was wondering if they provided a little more room on the 07's back there?? Hoping!! ;)
Robmay,
Like TC said since seat and tourpak unchanged doubt that seating distances have either.
Reason I put relo kit on was the Corbin seat has the rider backrest further back, and wife unit is 5'8" and was imitating a frog until placed seat 1.25 inches further back. So only caution I would have to anyone is if they are going to change seats see how location is before making any decisions. John
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2006, 12:02:51 PM »

Rob...can't imagine that they did anything to change this part of the bike for 07.  Mine was in the right location when I picked the bike up, and was one of the things I checked, thanks to this site.  My passenger has plenty of room back there, but she's a small woman, and I have also moved my backrest up (towards the front of the bike) one hole which helps me have better back support and as a bonus gives her a bit more room in front of her sitting position.  The only down side to moving the backrest is that it creates a bit of a gap behind the rest, where the bracket goes into the seat, and pushes the leather up a bit...

[highlight]Depending on the height of your passenger, or leg length, it could create an issue with her leg contacting the bag guard with her feet on the boards if you move it back too far[/highlight].

I took the saddlebag rails off of my 05 Ultra for this very reason (I alos like the "cleaner" look).

Thanks for your reply.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2006, 12:08:28 PM »

Robmay,
Like TC said since seat and tourpak unchanged doubt that seating distances have either.
Reason I put relo kit on was the Corbin seat has the rider backrest further back, and wife unit is 5'8" and was imitating a frog until placed seat 1.25 inches further back. So only caution I would have to anyone is if they are going to change seats see how location is before making any decisions. John

I guess the size of my wife has a lot to do with my question. I had her sit on an 06 SEUC in Daytona to see if she like the seat and backrest (as we have the Road Zepplin right now and the RZ backrest will not fit on the 07 leather TP) and she really liked it. I was worried she would not. She is almost 5' 4" tall and about 125 - 130 lbs.

Do you have any good pics of that corbin seat on your bike? Did you keep the Trunk backrest stock or change it out too? I was not at all impressed with the Corbin backrest for the king tour pak. It pushed my wife forward at the top of it.

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2006, 07:42:06 PM »

Kept the stock tourpak seatback. I will attach a couple of pix.
Rinehart TD
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Stage 1 SE AC

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2006, 07:42:42 PM »

another view
Rinehart TD
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Stage 1 SE AC

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2006, 07:43:19 PM »

last, hope that helps, john
Rinehart TD
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Stage 1 SE AC

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2006, 10:10:01 PM »

I guess the size of my wife has a lot to do with my question. I had her sit on an 06 SEUC in Daytona to see if she like the seat and backrest (as we have the Road Zepplin right now and the RZ backrest will not fit on the 07 leather TP) and she really liked it. I was worried she would not. She is almost 5' 4" tall and about 125 - 130 lbs.

Do you have any good pics of that corbin seat on your bike? Did you keep the Trunk backrest stock or change it out too? I was not at all impressed with the Corbin backrest for the king tour pak. It pushed my wife forward at the top of it.

Rob, Suzanne is 5'3" and 115, and she's totally comfortable back there with the tourpak back where it's supposed to be.  Also no issue with the bag guards getting in her way. I'm 5'8", so we're pretty small people.  Now the seat comfort for me is a different issue...I had mine "reinforced" at a local auto upholstry shop...they added a very small amount of denser foam which helped.  It's still not perfect, as on the interstate my tailbone starts hurting.  Doesn't seem to bother me on other roads...guess I've got other things on my mind.  I would like the Corbin, but to get the heated seat, they have to do a funky stitch pattern on top...otherwise, no heat.  Don't know if you've tried the heated seat, but it is really nice.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Free

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2006, 08:50:31 PM »

I just got the Corbin seat and am real pleased with it. Huge improvement.  Like Otophile, the Corbin seat reduces the space of the passenger seat.  I just ordered the relo kit from George Anderson.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2007, 06:09:35 PM »

I just got the Tour Pak relocation kit from George Anderson. It is going back. What I did instead was pretty easy, and didn't cost me anything. Total distance gained - 2".

I had previously removed the rigid TP and put on the qwik detach kit. With the Corbin seat and backrest, the room on the back was severely compromised. Something was needed.

I took the OEM rack, cut off the bent ends, drilled some new holes to mount the bar to the qwik detach mount, and then mounted the TP to the original holes. I did have to drill two new holes through the qwik detach bracket for the front holes of the TP.

I did not have to bolt on any extra bracketry, what I didn't like about George's kit, and like I said, this change saves $125.  This shot shows the extra space. With the qwik detach mount, the front bolt in the TP would go where this bolt is now.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 06:20:49 PM by Chief »

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2007, 06:35:46 PM »

Here's a close-up of the new front bolt. This is where the front bolt in the TP used to go. By moving it back 2", a new hole had to be drilled through the qwik detach rack, 1/side.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2007, 06:40:48 PM »

This shot shows the how the rear mount bolts of the TP are now off of the qwik detach rack. You can look through the hole in the side of the rack and see the new location of the front mount bolt, between the two bolts that hold the new pipe to the rack. There are six bolts in total going through the rack, 4 for the pipe, and 2 for the front mount of the TP. I was concerned about a reduction in strength of this mounting technique, that is until I grabbed on the luggage rack and applied much more force than I think the pack will ever endure.

Rigid and cheap, just like I like my ... :oops:
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 24 queries.