Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Vance & Hines  (Read 5695 times)

Raza51

• Full CVO Member
  • Ready to Roll

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
Re: Vance & Hines
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 05:52:04 AM »

Thanks for all the info ...right now I believe it is the dealer they never dyno'd it just loaded the mapp...talked to them yesterday and they said that is the best they can do .....but I told them I wanted my money back....they are calling HD which  earlier HD said they would refund my money and then I could buy the PC5 and they would install it.  Talked to a guy that said they have to return the bike to stock and then install the PC5...he said if they screw it up he can create a mapp for it...wish me luck...thanks again
2012 Convertible
2009 Timeout Easy Camper
2008 Dodge 2500 Cummins
2009 FS2300 Weekend Warrior
Harleys come in many colors, mine is Red, White and Blue!

codten

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Classic
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 07:47:37 AM »

IMHO

If you sum up what everyone is saying, with all of the infinite possibilities and combinations of parts and configurations, the only true way to get it running right is a dyno tune. Canned maps will only take you so far and get you so close.   I have the fullsac stage 1 and still chose to have it dyno tuned. I am very happy with the results. Could I get more HP with different maps, maybe, but I am happy with my numbers, my curves, and the air / fuel ratio. Best of all this was done by my local dealer so I hope to avoid and warranty issues down the road.

12cvosoftail

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 04:18:31 PM »

Hi,

I have a 2012 CVO Softail with V&H HS slip-ons. I used the SERT map for the 2011 CVO Softail and had excessive popping when letting off the throttle. I used the Smart tune feature of the SERT and reduced the popping considerably. It is almost non-existent now. It will still do it from time to time, but I expect that with high flow exhausts. BTW, I looked at the changes the Smart tune suggested and the VE changed considerably on both the front and rear cylinders. The CVO runs so much better after the Smart tune.

Hope this helps.

hadye

• Pharaoh Rider
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE3
    • Pharaoh Bikers
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2012, 01:33:36 PM »

Hi,

I have a 2012 CVO Softail with V&H HS slip-ons. I used the SERT map for the 2011 CVO Softail and had excessive popping when letting off the throttle. I used the Smart tune feature of the SERT and reduced the popping considerably. It is almost non-existent now. It will still do it from time to time, but I expect that with high flow exhausts. BTW, I looked at the changes the Smart tune suggested and the VE changed considerably on both the front and rear cylinders. The CVO runs so much better after the Smart tune.

Hope this helps.

Have u adjusted the AFR or not, after smart tune the bike was running great yet I noticed some bluish coloration of the pipes due to lean conditions. Have u noticed the same ?

GoodyACT

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible Maple
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Ultra FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2012, 03:24:03 AM »

I got best results with the SuperTrapp 2-into-1 Supermeg Exhaust System on my 2011 cvo convertible. had some extra work done as well but they made all the difference.

results and details in the following post.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=63221.0

SteveO

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2012, 10:22:05 AM »

ANY OF THE "TUNERS"  "SERT", "SUPER TUNERS",  "HD TUNERS (CALL THEM WHAT YOU WANT) ARE ALL EPA COMPLIANT  THEY DO NOTHING..NOTHING..NOTHING.. FOR THE LEAN FUEL MIXTURES ON YOUR BIKE,  POPING AND CRACKING WILL CONTINUE UNTILL YOU CHANGE THE F/A RATIOS TO SOMETHING AROUND 12:3-13:1 MINIMUM, ALL THE TUNERS MENTIONED WILL NOT CHANGE THE FUEL RATIOS BELOW 14:3- 14:5, TOO LEAN FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO YOUR BIKE BY LEANING IT OUT EVEN MORE WITH THE PIPES AND AC.

BE CAREFUL OR YOU WILL BURN A VALVE WITH THE SUPER LEAN MIXTURES.

UNTIL THE MASTERTUNE TTS COMES OUT FOR YOUR BIKE YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER OFF WITH THE "PLUG AND PLAY" NIGHTRIDER XIADS DEVICE, IT RICHENS THE MIXTURE TO A 13:1 BY FOOLING THE O2 SENSORS.  WILL STOP THE POPPING AND INCREASE PERFORMANCE.

HARLEY IS IN THE BUSINESS TO SELL STUFF AND I WOULD BE VERY CAUTIOUS LISTENING TO WHAT THEY SAY.  i WOULD NOT EVEN CONSIDER A PC5 FOR THAT BIKE.

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY 12 SOFTAIL SE3 AND WENT TO THE ONLY DEVICE CURRENTLY ON THE MARKET FOR THE 12 SOFTAIL SE3 WHICH IS THE NIGHTRIDER XIADS.

GOOD LUCK
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 10:27:19 AM by SteveO »

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2012, 11:40:08 AM »

ANY OF THE "TUNERS"  "SERT", "SUPER TUNERS",  "HD TUNERS (CALL THEM WHAT YOU WANT) ARE ALL EPA COMPLIANT[/u][/b]  THEY DO NOTHING..NOTHING..NOTHING.. FOR THE LEAN FUEL MIXTURES ON YOUR BIKE, 

Spewing misinformation more than once in the same thread does not suddenly make it correct.  Neither does putting it all in caps.  The first time I thought you were perhaps mistaking one device for another.  Now it becomes more obvious that you are terribly misinformed about the subject in general, or you are just a shill for the product you seem to be promoting. 

We are all entitled to our opinions, but feeding the originator of this thread pure BS is not a very nice thing to do.  There are tons of people riding around with bikes that were dyno tuned by qualified tuners using a SEPST who do not have the issues you imply this device cannot address.  Maybe you should seek out a trained professional to give you the real story, assuming you really want to know the real story.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Hutch-fg

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2012, 12:06:14 PM »

I have a 2010 CVO convertible with V&H Big Shots tuned with HD SEPST.  I have no decel popping at all.  I was able to watch the dyno tune at my dealership.  The first run on the dyno the bike coughed and popped during decel.  The tuner adjusted Timing and VE tables at 0% throttle postion from 2000-5000 RPM completely eliminating decel popping. HD Screaming Eagle Pro Super Tuner (SEPST) is not for the lazy map downloader, it will let you completely customize your fuel injections parameters to your engine. SEPST tuners are complicated, it is not surprising that some HD dealership mechanics do not know how to do anything but download a map.

--Rob
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 12:10:21 PM by Hutch-fg »
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 20 queries.