Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Replaced Compensator - Like a New Bike  (Read 1143 times)

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
Replaced Compensator - Like a New Bike
« on: August 13, 2012, 07:57:01 AM »

I finally got the dealer to replace the Compensator!!!!! It took me leaving the bike with them for a week and then talking to the head mechanic. They finally pulled the cover then the inner primary but everything looked really pretty much brand new. So they put it back together, rode it and the knocking was there.

These compensator parts appear to have a bit of a tolerancing issue where the parts look okay but they have a bit too much slop causing the knocking.

I've always thought I had a motor issue since new. I was afraid it was the lower end of my motor, like the crack or connecting rods. I've got right at 16,000 miles on it. The knocking was real bad at about 10,000 miles but only for a few short miles and never came back. Then it happened again a few weeks ago but again only for a few miles. The next morning the heavy knocking would go away. I really think this intermittant heavy knocking is why the dealers always use the "it's normal" response. They just never hear the real knocking.

Since they replaced the Compensator Sprocket Assembly it's like having a brand new motor!!!!!!! For those of you that hear that random knocking sound that you can feel a little when rolling down the rode I'll bet it's the compensator.

My bike now feels like the motor, transmission and rear tire have a solid connection. My wife even commented on how "solid" the bike feels. :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

Maladjusted

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Replaced Compensator - Like a New Bike
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 08:08:18 AM »

X2!  I buttoned mine up yesterday morning and went for a rip around town... WOW! Big Difference! 
2010 FLHXSE Spicey Rum
Lots of stuff

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 20 queries.