Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: 2013 MODELS: FLHRSE5 CVO™ ROAD KING®  (Read 29489 times)

SGME9

• Junior CVO Member
Re: 2013 MODELS: FLHRSE5 CVO™ ROAD KING®
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2012, 11:48:52 PM »

It does look like the wrinkle finish.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2012, 01:03:58 AM »

Dave, agree with jr on this.  Saw a SERK Blue at SMHD this past weekend and doesn't look like any current bag will fit.  Here's a pic just in case.

I had a chance to sit on the blue SERK this weekend and while the vent/mail slot is pretty large, it's really not in the field of view any more than the bat or shark would be.  I did notice that the windshield was LOW as it hit me about neck high and I'm 5'6.  Didn't notice if it's adjustable or not but it would keep the wind off my chest but my head would be hanging out ('bout what it's good for according to some folks...)
I did not figure the mail slot / vent would be in the line of vision.  I also figured the shield was really low, that is the current cool trend with touring bikes.

However from what I read, the vent is adjustable and directs air over your head to keep you out of the turbulence, I hope to find out on the demo ride at Bikes Blues and BBQ the end of the month.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

ultrarider123

« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2012, 07:44:32 AM »

What a beautiful paint job...  :2vrolijk_21:   Not sure why, but reminds me of this:

Where's the kick starter on that thing.... :bananarock:

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2012, 07:11:24 AM »

Have a SERK5 coming in early November with my name on it - Anniversary color, MSRP.  Deal is my bike (SERK3 - Cobalt - 29,200 miles, perfect condition)plus $14K OTD (allowing me about 18K for the SERK3).  Would be getting the new frame, 6 gallon tank, ABS, tunes, etc.  Would need to add a tuner, pipes, header,  maybe a seat (w/backrest) at a minimum to the SERK5.  Tough decision - keep thinking I could keep my bike and buy a F800GS adventure scoot, or a Street Bob or a ????  Also concerned that maybe the value of the SERK3 has peaked and now is the time to upgrade.  Help me!

If it helps any a SERK3 with 16,000 miles sold for 22,900.00 (Razor Red) here in Knoxville a couple weeks ago
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

Fiberguy

• Junior CVO Member
  • Carpe Diem...or step aside and let me Carpe Diem!

• CVO1: 2013 Road King, 110th, #90
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2012, 09:37:29 PM »

2013 CVO RK, LE (#90): Have about 600 miles on it.  I'm 6'2" and the vent adds some cooling air on the hot days, and adjusting it really reduces buffeting, but I miss the silence (with exception of 4in Rines) from my old RK windscreen.  The ipod is loaded with one playlist and you scroll thru the list with the Right grip  audio control.  The seat had to go and it now has a Mustang Super Solo.  It has the extra ponies that my RK was lacking, and I'm waiting on Power Duals, 4in Rine's, and a Racing Tuner to finish the only mods I'm doing to it.  I love the response and handling over my RK, and recommend it to anyone that wants to drop the coin.  I found myself buying a piece of chrome, and identifying three more that I needed to get.  I saw myself building a CVO over the next 5 years, so I cut the trip short, and got a 110ci in the deal.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 09:39:35 PM by Fiberguy »
As you grow older, you'll find the only things you regret are the things you didn't do.  ~Zachary Scott

Fiberguy

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2012, 09:53:14 PM »

Damn...that Les Paul looks good!
As you grow older, you'll find the only things you regret are the things you didn't do.  ~Zachary Scott

JJAA

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSE5 #629
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2012, 08:36:02 AM »

Damn...that Les Paul looks good!

and sounds so fine... !-)

Uncle Fester

• Hostage of the MoCo
  • Junior CVO Member
    • MD

• CVO1: '13 FLHRSE3 "Serafina"
    • CVO2: '11 FLTRUSE "Pazia"
« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2012, 05:59:13 PM »

Demo fleet was in town today, and got to take the SERK for a spin. Holy hell, that thing's a beast. Do you want money, or will you take a check?

I was surprisingly satisfied with the clean air behind the windshield, and with the sound from the speakers. Good stuff.

Uncle Fester

• Hostage of the MoCo
  • Junior CVO Member
    • MD

• CVO1: '13 FLHRSE3 "Serafina"
    • CVO2: '11 FLTRUSE "Pazia"
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2012, 10:27:27 AM »

How does the red look in person? Is it a dark burgundy with lighter colors mised?

First thing I thought on seeing one was, the marbled scallops looked like recently dried blood. From the pictures I'd seen, I figured it'd look more gold, but in person it's more of a coppery, hand-textured rich red, especially in the sunlight. If it were a girl, it'd be her:

Looks really wicked...I dig it in a big way.

The demo truck had the red, and the dealer had the blue on the floor; the blue scallops reminded me of Caribbean water. Shimmery blue-green-copper. The blue would be her:

They're both gorgeous. Most of the CVO paint schemes of recent years I could take or leave. Nice, but not breathtaking. The MoCo hit it out of the park with the Road Kings this year.

I have a deposit on an Anniversary CVO RK that's being delivered in November, but I'm very seriously considering calling up and asking them to find me a red. The 110th badges are cool, but I was drooling over that ginger bitch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 10:36:15 AM by Uncle Fester »

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2012, 11:00:41 AM »

Frontier HD has the red on the floor.....I've been thinking about it....then, my concience tells me...."no, not now".   
"We" have been having difficult conversations lately.

http://www.frontierhd.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=07448847X9K30K2012J9I55I21JAMQ1009R0&veh=317793&pov=2882789
"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

dave726

• CVO1: '13 FLHRSE5 Anniv #61/900
    • CVO2: '05 FLHRCI 95ci, 92hp, 102'#
    • CVO3: '00 FLHRCUI 95ci
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2012, 12:37:45 PM »

I bought the SERK5 Anniversary on 9/18/12. I paid MSRP. I've ridden 3500 miles on it and love the performance and the Anniversary colors. I don't like the mailbox windshield because the wind gets directed to flow across my ears and even with a full helmet the noise is so loud that the bike speakers are useless over 30 mph. I will probably put the windshield from my '05 RK on it.

I added matching highway pegs. It should have come with those. My Garmin Zumo mount cable fit well under the dashboard. With a HOG Tunes 1 meter male-male cable, I connected the audio to the spare input to the speaker system, but I don't like closing the cable in the saddlebag lid. The right audio selector pushes in to switch between the iPod and the GPS audio. XM sound works well through my Zumo 665. I mounted the XM puck on the front brake reserve so I get good reception.

I had a rock or something put a hole in my headlight and spidered the lens glass. That was a warning to me to add the Harley Passing lamps. The stock headlight does a poor job of illuminating the road at night. I've got full LEDs on my '05, including the Kisan modulator programmed for a LED headlight. Those LEDs will be on the SERK5 by Spring. I also want to get the cruiser style turn signals off the handlebars and back under the passing lamps as a RK should have. I'll probably also add fog/driving lamps, but not the Harley ones that mount on the crash bar.
No regrets, no maybe’s, live for today.

JJAA

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSE5 #629
« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2012, 12:54:49 PM »

I'll probably also add fog/driving lamps, but not the Harley ones that mount on the crash bar.

Wich one do you think of ?

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2012, 01:02:38 PM »

Just saw one in Blue at Twin Cities HD south in Blaine

http://www.tchd.com/

MSRP

DABB

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spicy
    • CVO2: Waiting for a yellow Ultra
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2012, 01:49:07 PM »

Looking forward to seeing your mods. The classic look of the front lights should look great.
I am a man of simple tastes, easily satisfied with the best.

Fiberguy

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2012, 09:33:00 PM »

I would love to see pics of a 2013 RK with the Aux lights as well.  I think that would be a sharp look with the lowers and the clean front fender. I'm not sure of how that is going to look with the windscreen.  Hey, anybody know how to do that photochop thing? Photochop some spots on a RK and post it.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 20 queries.