Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: You SESG Guys Crack Me Up...  (Read 8209 times)

Jerry/MD

You SESG Guys Crack Me Up...
« on: August 26, 2012, 06:13:49 AM »

All this crowing about how valuable your bike's are and the added resale value you could get because the MOCO didn't offer a 2013 model. Let me see...they offered the CVO Street Glide for 3 years and my CVO Road Glide Ultra for 1 year? Using your rationale I must be sitting on a gold mine!  :P

Let the games begin..................  ;D

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
Re: You SESG Guys Crack Me Up...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 07:38:38 AM »

:drink:

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 07:57:31 AM »

Well the way I see it is...  Chip says his 2001 SERG  :coolblue:(the second year for the Screamin Eagle) is worth something to the tune of $88,888.00  so my 2000 Triple Red :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: (one of the first Screamin Eagle's) has got to be worth $ 99,999.00 wouldn't ya think  :nixweiss: :drink: :drink:
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 08:50:06 AM »

mine is priceless.  :orange:

Wut the hell was that maneuver

NYSport

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Road Glide, Skunk
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 10:36:54 AM »

^^^^^^^

Now that's a nice looking Road Glide.
Former US Army
160th Little Bird Pilot

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 10:39:15 AM »

mine is priceless.  :orange:

WOW!  I'm not a big fan of the silver MC's but you have one beautiful RG  :2vrolijk_21:  love that color  ::)
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 10:51:23 AM »

All this crowing about how valuable your bike's are and the added resale value you could get because the MOCO didn't offer a 2013 model. Let me see...they offered the CVO Street Glide for 3 years and my CVO Road Glide Ultra for 1 year? Using your rationale I must be sitting on a gold mine!  :P

Let the games begin..................  ;D

:)  Folks need to remember which century we are in; it's not the 1990's anymore.  And Harley's, even CVO's, don't appreciate, they depreciate.  Sure, people can still use that old story about selling it without taking a loss when trying to convince the spouse I suppose, but they should be very careful that they don't start believing their own propaganda.

Look at the NADA or KBB values for three to five year old CVO's, or just read some of the threads around here by people who have been highly disappointed when trying to sell their CVO's, and the truth starts to emerge.  As Harley has cranked up the volume and turned the CVO into just another option package, retained value has worsened.  I expect it will continue to do so.  Then add in the thousands spent on the extra's that you won't get back when you trade or sell to get a more accurate picture.  Most Harley folks who brag about retained value conveniently forget to mention those thousands of dollars and include them on the cost side of the comparison.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Hammbone

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 11:04:49 AM »

You are probably right Jerry only 2100 units made of the FLTRUSE, where as there were 3500 units of the  2010 FLHXSE, 3500 units of the 2011 FLHXSE, and 2356 units of the 2012 SEEG's......
Semper Fi

bmcgc

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 105th FXDSE2 traded for a Road King Classic
    • CVO2: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 11:11:08 AM »

We have bought 6 Harleys.  06 FLHTCUSE, 07 FLHRC, 08 FXDSE2, 08 FXDF, and a 09 FLHT.

We bought all of them used for 30-50% less than the cost when new.

All of them had nice upgrades and accessories.

Used is the way to go IMO unless you have more money than you know what to do with.

We ride them 12-24 months and sell for close to what we paid.

Its all about the timing.

We currently have the SE Ultra and the Road King, I think we will keep those for a while, they run great, look great, fit us great, the best bikes we have ever owned.

BTW:  Only 540 of my watermellon 06 FLHTCUSE so Im at a million+.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 11:12:44 AM by bmcgc »

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 11:17:33 AM »

Jerry. Thanks for bringing us back to reality. I was hoping mine is worth an extra 15 k just because no 2013 will be offered.  Guess I'm rong huh :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 05:25:11 PM by cvostu »

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 12:54:25 PM »

I agree with the above posts about times are changed for resale values.
When money is tight for most people something like a motorcycle is a luxury as opposed to a must have. Those still interested in a motorcycle want good value for their hard earned money so they would look at things like "why pay new prices for a used bike?"
I had a 1997 Fatboy with the limited edition paint set for that year (only 100 sets made) and it held it's value pretty good because when the Twin Cam motor came out it had a few issues and many didn't trust it and they wanted an old EVO motor. Once the Twin cam was improved and trusted the value of my EVO went down quickly.
As far as collectability values , it needs to be limited in number to begin with to the point where not everyone who wanted one got one. Or all the ones sold were modified heavily and you happen to have one of the only original condition ones left. Then you have to have a knowledgeable buyer willing to pay what you think it's worth.
A new buyer may be swayed by the features in a newer model bike in the future such as water cooling,larger motor, improved brakes, improved stereo etc.
In short, all supply and demand....

Gank

• Senior CVO Member
  • Im from HQ, Im here to help :D

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 01:09:30 PM »

Well I have a 2000 OBW SERG , the fastest bikes we all know, so mine must be worth $110,000 or $101,00 US$ 

BTW this years CVO RG sucks
To Libs and NDP
"If we are not willing to commit our military when asked by the United Nations, for a NATO mission, in a country whose elected government wants us and whose citizens need us, then when would Canada be prepared to do so?"

Jerry/MD

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 01:57:18 PM »

We have bought 6 Harleys.  06 FLHTCUSE, 07 FLHRC, 08 FXDSE2, 08 FXDF, and a 09 FLHT.

We bought all of them used for 30-50% less than the cost when new.

All of them had nice upgrades and accessories.

Used is the way to go IMO unless you have more money than you know what to do with.

We ride them 12-24 months and sell for close to what we paid.

Its all about the timing.

We currently have the SE Ultra and the Road King, I think we will keep those for a while, they run great, look great, fit us great, the best bikes we have ever owned.

BTW:  Only 540 of my watermellon 06 FLHTCUSE so Im at a million+.

That's pretty impressive. Not sure if you got those kinda deals through a private seller or dealer. Around here there isn't much difference between the advertised price of a used or new Harley. So...unless the used bike has a ton of upgrades it just ain't worth it.

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2012, 02:02:15 PM »

Since the 09's were the last to be hand built and not sent down the assembly line, I put my 09 at around $60k.
If I were to make the tour pak detachable and add a street glide seat it would be worth somewhere in the six figures. :jalapeno: :pineapple: :pepper: :orange:

KennyC

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004SE E-Glide Org/Blk
    • CVO2: I Wish
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2012, 02:08:54 PM »

Donald Trump doesn't have enough money to buy my  :pumpkin:!! And if he did I'd find one of those super cherry ones  :cherry:  like mine, that has been pampered and not ridden much, and buy it!!  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 25 queries.