Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: 110th Anniversary? Seriously Who cares!!  (Read 8986 times)

kurtlange

• Full CVO Member
  • chrome me
Re: 110th Anniversary? Seriously Who cares!!
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2012, 05:50:56 PM »

Heh... that makes my :pumpkin: a 100th year anniversary bike. :orange: :carrot: :D :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

hehe. mine too......               :huepfenjump3:

Montanakid

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2012, 10:09:48 PM »

This might be a little different slant to the OP.In 03 after raisin the kids and sometimes the grandkids we purchased our first Harley, 100 anniversary Fatboy. It wasn't a CVO obviously, but then fast forward 7 years now I'm into it for around 35K, end up wrecking and totaling it and insurance paid me 18.5, which was pretty much sticker price. I wasn't really upset as getting sticker price after 7 years wasn't too bad in my opinion.So was that due to being an Anniversary model? I'm not sure.Sure being into it for 35 and only getting 18 was a bummer but once again to get sticker price after seven years and 58,000 miles I was ok with that.
S&S T 124 LC Engine
D&D Borzilla Eghaust
Horsepower Inc Throttle Assembly
Hawg Wired 6 Pack System
Progressive Monotubes Front
Progressive 440's Rear

Tannehill Kid

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2012, 12:53:25 PM »

This might be a little different slant to the OP.In 03 after raisin the kids and sometimes the grandkids we purchased our first Harley, 100 anniversary Fatboy. It wasn't a CVO obviously, but then fast forward 7 years now I'm into it for around 35K, end up wrecking and totaling it and insurance paid me 18.5, which was pretty much sticker price. I wasn't really upset as getting sticker price after 7 years wasn't too bad in my opinion.So was that due to being an Anniversary model? I'm not sure.Sure being into it for 35 and only getting 18 was a bummer but once again to get sticker price after seven years and 58,000 miles I was ok with that.
You can pretty much take NADA list price and that is what most insurance co. pay in Louisiana.  Lot of insurance companies with let you  take out extra accessory insurance on motorcycles.

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2012, 10:33:30 PM »

Are we a flock of stupid sheep just following the Harley marketing people?  95th anniversary, 110 anniversary, Who cares!!  Do you fall for this crap from any other mfg?

I went to a couple of local Harley steelers to get a price on trading my flawless 14k 09 CVO ultra in on a new one of the same. I was quoted money differences of anywhere between 14k and 17k .They all had the same line"but this is the 110 anniversary"  big deal! It's the same bike I have in another color!! A dollar a mile to ride a CVO? Are we all idiots. For what thy want difference I can buy a new bike and keep mine.  

I think I will go to plan b. 21 inch front wheel with 17 rear with 200 tire, legend air suspension, progressive mono tubes Andrews 54 cam, s&s stealth air cleaner , Thundermax, 575 chubby bars, and
Will cost less than 1/3 of a new bike.

Best way to market old technology... no creativity or R and D
 investment just new colors
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2012, 07:04:50 AM »

Hey it like this!!  We are only hear on Earth for a very short time.  You can't take it with you!!  If you can afford it and it something that brings you pleasure DO IT!  I am a Combat Vet Afghanistan! And believe me when you travel to other areas of the world where people have no hope, no future and most of all no dreams, it makes me so thankful to live in a country where have the choice to have the  option to enjoy toys as most Americans do!! :mango: :mango: :mango:
Great post and thank you for your service! I am grateful for all the men and women in the military that protect America and fight our enemys!
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

ultrarider123

« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2012, 08:09:15 AM »

Hey it's like this!!  We are only hear on Earth for a very short time.  You can't take it with you!!  If you can afford it and it something that brings you pleasure DO IT!  I am a Combat Vet Afghanistan! And believe me when you travel to other areas of the world where people have no hope, no future and most of all no dreams, it makes me so thankful to live in a country where have the choice to have the  option to enjoy toys as most Americans do!! :mango: :mango: :mango:

My humble thanks, too, for your service to this great country of ours.  It's ain't perfect but only one person on this earth ever was and He is Risen!

I agree, I have traveled much of the world in my 20 years in the Navy and then working after the Navy in Korea and Angola.  Many places the people have no hope, no future.

Dave, thanks for your service, too.  I have a great friend that's a retired Navy Senior Chief (lives in Paducah, KY).  Have lots of good friends that are retired Navy and Air Force.

What does all these replys have to do with the 110 Anniversary discussion on this post.  It has EVERYTHING to do with it.  Without the great men and women in our armed services fighting for our freedom and democracy in this old world, good chance we wouldn't have a MOCO much less a free internet to discuss our bikes.  We have much hope and a great future in these United States.

Anyway, I really like my 109 Anniversary SESG... :bananarock:

« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 07:40:42 AM by Ultrarider1 »

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2012, 08:58:40 AM »

Was told by a local STEALer yesterday that they're marking up all Anniversary models $3k over factory..... just because they can.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2012, 12:24:50 AM »

Was told by a local STEALer yesterday that they're marking up all Anniversary models $3k over factory..... just because they can.

I wouldn't buy one from them, just because I can either.
Jesus is Lord

2litre

• 08' Anniversary Ultra CVO...Sweeeet!
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2012, 10:29:04 AM »

Mopeds, Fat chicks, VW beetles or whatever your vice is, I DON'T CARE!  Do as you like and don't shove it in my face and we will be golden.  I ride what I like, where and when I like and I will pay whatever I feel compelled to pay when I am standing there taking in the view.  In my opinion (since everyone seems to have one) if you dont like a model, color or manufacturer...DON'T BUY ONE and please don't have sour grapes later when someone else does what you chose not to.  If you don't like mine, walk the other way and don't put yourself through the pain of viewing it, or worse, having to speak to a loser who bought something you don't like. lol

I guess my Mom beat the old adage into my over the years..."If you don't have anything nice to say...."

Nothing great ever come of negativity...(I am sure someone will have something to say about that statement, but it was just an OPINION!)

Later, Time to ride and clear the head...

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2012, 12:31:27 PM »

That is the case at San Diego Harley Davidson.  In far less polite terms I told the salesman that i wasn't interested at that price.  They sure have a short memory.
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2012, 03:53:08 PM »

I wonder how many will buy because of the anniversary thing but not like the color? I do not care for the color and was shocked to see it.

There was another thread about repainting a CVO. I'd repaint this one. :huepfenlol2:

bmcgc

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 105th FXDSE2 traded for a Road King Classic
    • CVO2: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2012, 04:03:12 PM »

It seems that most dealers up north offer discounts (at least that what people here are claimimg) while dealers down south push markups.

In the end they can only get what someone is willing to pay.

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2012, 04:15:47 PM »

It seems that most dealers up north offer discounts (at least that what people here are claimimg) while dealers down south push markups.

In the end they can only get what someone is willing to pay.

For sure and just because I hate the color does not mean there are lovers of it.

dave726

• CVO1: '13 FLHRSE5 Anniv #61/900
    • CVO2: '05 FLHRCI 95ci, 92hp, 102'#
    • CVO3: '00 FLHRCUI 95ci
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2012, 02:28:54 AM »

I bought a CVO Anniversary Road King in mid-Sept and paid MSRP. It is exactly what I want. My '05 Road King 95ci with 92hp/102'# does not have the same giddyup as the 118'# 110ci in the CVO. I paid the extra $1K for the Anniversary paint job because I don't like the blue or red of the CVO RK. I don't care about resale value. I've got 88K on the '05 and spent more on chrome than I'll ever see. The CVO RK comes with all that chrome and a whole lot of tech and mechanical improvements that I really notice. It took a good chunk out of my retirement savings, but what would a 65 year old do with money in the bank? Watch the $1/month interest grow? I'd rather be riding it. I rode it on the Blue Ridge, Cherohala and the Dragon. It did everything I wanted and it's still stock. I'll probably get a Race Tuner and have it performance tuned. I plan to ride 100K with it in the next 5 years. My only complaint is that I stopped at 9 dealerships and had to clean the bike before each stop to make it presentable. Right now it draws a crowd. And I love the black and black metal flake colors.

Blue Springs, MO, Topeka, KS and Billings, MT should all have the RK Anniversary and I didn't get the impression they were bumping over MSRP.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 02:34:04 AM by dave726 »
No regrets, no maybe’s, live for today.

Fiberguy

• Junior CVO Member
  • Carpe Diem...or step aside and let me Carpe Diem!

• CVO1: 2013 Road King, 110th, #90
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2012, 03:39:26 PM »

Dave726, I bought the same because I like the color.  I couldn't really care too much about the 110th, but it was a bit coincidental that I bought a 110ci on it's 110th anniversary.  I was going to buy a 2012 Softail Convertable, but there wasn't enough of a motivation to support that bike.  I had a Road King, and when I saw the CVO Road King, I knew it was in my immediate future.  I just didn't like any of the other colors over the Black.  I am loving it and plan to keep it for the next 10 years.  I also needed a few extra HP than my RK, and this coming week I'm dropping it off to have the Power Duals, 4in Rinehart's, Racing tuner, and chromed Brembo front calipers installed. I cannot think of another thing that that bike could have.  I feel it is finished and I will now work on wearing it out.  I may buy a CVO Ultra in the future and strip down the Road King, but it don't much matter because I am saving a ton on the chrome I would have bought for my old Road King. I figure if the engine goes, by that time they should have a Screaming Eagle 190 cubic inch available that I will order.  On a side note:  I also bought the 110th leather jacket (Limited Edition) because I like the belted, old school look, and the modern collar.  It also, has nothing to do with a 110th Anniversary but was exactly what I wanted.
As you grow older, you'll find the only things you regret are the things you didn't do.  ~Zachary Scott
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 24 queries.