Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: MOCO Says NO to Transmission Gear Oil  (Read 17746 times)

Tros

Re: MOCO Says NO to Transmission Gear Oil
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2007, 08:35:58 PM »

Oops, sorry, I thought you were talking about a CVO.  They come from the factory with Syn3 in all three holes.  You're right, on a non-CVO they come with dino oil and tranny fluid....
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

No bust, I knew you were thinking of the CVO bikes.  ;)  I am planning on trying a synthetic trans oil sometime soon, maybe in another 1000 miles or so.

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

• CVO1: 2010 Burnt Amber/Citrus
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG Two Tone Red
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG BWO
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2007, 07:48:10 PM »

Serkus, what  do you mean by "coffee can full  of huts"? Are you referring to a 110"?

john
"The past is a place to be remembered, but not a place to dwell"

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2007, 09:31:30 PM »

Was talking to my service manager yesterday. He said that the MOCO had issued in writing NOT TO USE 75W(or heavier) synthetic gear oil  in the transmission of the new 6 speed transmissions. He said they recommend Syn3 or Formula Plus. He had  no explaination as to why, but he said if you had a transmission failure and the MoCO requested the dealer to send in the defective tranny and they tested the fluid and you were running heavy weight gear oil then the MOCO might not repair it under warranty.

Has anyone else heard of this?

ace: 
IMO your service manager is feeding you BS!  My connection searched all bulletins, letters, etc. for this year and half of last year, and found nothing.

Ask your SM for a copy of the letter, or at least the date it was issued...........

:oops:

BTW:  Switching from Formula + to Bel-Ray 85-140 Hypoid Gear Saver made a significant improvement in the 5th. gear noise/whine and overall smoothness.  Was installed by dealer (I furnished) during service, and SM also gave his approval.

:drink:

'07 Ultra Classic
Axtell Mountain Motor 107" 
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
SE Intake w/Zippers Max-Flow
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion

Serkcus

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 Candy Cobalt SERK
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2007, 09:52:56 PM »

Serkus, what  do you mean by "coffee can full  of huts"? Are you referring to a 110"?

Should have been bolts or nuts. Sorry.  ;D this is how the sound that many 6 spped owners have discribed eminates from thier tranny. Can't tell on mine yet,  if those noises are present they are being drowned out by the tapping and scraping noises  :'(.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 21 queries.