Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Concealed carry vs open carry  (Read 2530 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Concealed carry vs open carry
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2012, 07:16:29 PM »

Being the size you are, Gary, you probably don't have to be concerned about it at all   :huepfenlol2:  My little gimlet ass does though... ;)
Part of some recent training I had was weapon retention after being pepper sprayed.... The person that was trying to get my weapon was about my size a ?? degree Black Belt, mixed martial art fighter, and former Marine. It was no joke :o.... but he didn't get my weapon. ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2012, 10:00:58 PM »

Louisiana is open carry, concealed with a permit but the unusual thing is that your car is considered like your house, you can have your weapon loaded and concealed under your seat leagaly. If someone sticks his arm in your car you can blow him away and walk away free because he is trespassing and threatening you. If you are stopped for a ticket you don't even have to advise the cop that you are armed.

Glad I was a cop in Calif. and not here...

In Georgia, your vehicle and your place of business is considered an extension of your home... you can carry without a permit in your vehicle or your place of work - unless of course your employer forbids it... which almost ALL do. But if you are self-employed you can carry openly or concealed in your store, shop, etc. We also have no obligation here to tell a LEO that we are carrying concealed, or even that we have a Weapons Carry License. If asked, then we need to comply with the request honestly.

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

DaBigNuttedMan

• Steered & Geared by DaBigNuttedMan
  • Elite CVO Member
  • No Skool Straight F Fuc_ PowerCustom PypeDaShi_

• CVO1: 2011 RoadGlide Ultra Screamin Eagle
    • CVO2: 1969 Rupp Roadster chromed up Shriner Special
    • CVO3: Grasshopper 725 w/48" snothrower
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2012, 09:26:40 AM »

I'm with Dood all the way on retention, and I'd add defensive training, I shot IDPA for many years  [international defensive pistol assoociation] about a third of the members were cops and one LASD swat member one LAPD swat member, I am forever indepted  and thankful for what I got from these guys.   
Life begins just outside your comfort zone and you havent lived until you push a full dress harley on a hot day up a grade because your low mile twincam fell apart, and your convinced it's to bitchen to leave it there.           Ugh pardon me but do you have any beer?

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2012, 03:53:22 PM »

I'm in Oklahoma too, and see no need for me to open carry, but with the new law it will cover me if I bend over or shirt rides up in the wind. That's the good part
Most great stores start with a bad decision

Master Guns

• Senior CVO Member
  • USMC MGySgt Retired (1968 - 1990)

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2012, 04:59:15 PM »

I live in Colorado and have a CCW Permit.   I do not carry open even though it is allowed in this state.  I'd rather the bad guy and Joe Citizen not know that I am carrying.  An interesting site to check CCW laws in each state is:  http://www.handgunlaw.us.  This site is updated regularly but I would recommend that you verify the laws at an official state site.  Also remember that with a local CCW Permit you may be able to carry in other states, but you must comply with the laws of the state you are visiting not your hometown states.
Semper Fi

You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2012, 05:44:15 PM »

cat eyes,   looks like you can walk to the "movie tavern"  from where you live

Keats....yes, I could walk to the Movie Tavern....this is the best way to watch a movie :drink:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 20 queries.