Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: TNT Car Club Targeting Motorcyclists  (Read 7120 times)

rascal1007

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Road Glide
TNT Car Club Targeting Motorcyclists
« on: October 25, 2012, 07:40:22 PM »

Anybody have more info on this??

http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/tntclub.asp

bmcgc

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 105th FXDSE2 traded for a Road King Classic
    • CVO2: 2006 FLHTCUSE
Re: TNT Car Club Targeting Motorcyclists
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 08:25:08 PM »

snoops....really?

rascal1007

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 09:30:40 PM »

snoops....really?

Do a Google search .... shows up on a lot of motorcycle forums as well !!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 10:48:44 PM »

Do a Google search .... shows up on a lot of motorcycle forums as well !!

Anyone other than me find it somewhat strange that a Google search doesn't show a single article in a mainstream newspaper or on a TV news program?  All I see is people on bike related forums repeated what they "heard" or read in another forum or in an email.

If there is a gang or club called TNT in Fayetteville, I'm guessing the local police as well as the military police at Fort Bragg are aware of them.  If I lived near Fayetteville I think I'd ask those folks if this story has any merit, or if it's just one more fake story spread by email and internet postings.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 08:01:02 AM »

Anyone other than me find it somewhat strange that a Google search doesn't show a single article in a mainstream newspaper or on a TV news program?  All I see is people on bike related forums repeated what they "heard" or read in another forum or in an email.

If there is a gang or club called TNT in Fayetteville, I'm guessing the local police as well as the military police at Fort Bragg are aware of them.  If I lived near Fayetteville I think I'd ask those folks if this story has any merit, or if it's just one more fake story spread by email and internet postings.

Jerry

Your right Jerry!!   I just spent 10 mins on the Google search bar and i find all related stories to the TNT club comes from forums. Not a single news story covering a single event.  I find it interesting that there is a large number of forums discussing this and I am concerned that, within time, some idiot group and it may even be TNT, will be intrigued with the stories and actually follow suit.  >:(.     After all, we do live in a NUT society. 

bmcgc

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 08:33:00 AM »

snoops....really?
I would like to repeat myself:

snoops....really?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 08:54:33 AM »

snoops....really?

Maybe some of us are a little slow; care to explain your comment?  If you're bashing Snopes, I can think of a lot worse sources than Snopes.  And they aren't the source of this story, that just happens to be the link provided by the OP and shows that Snopes hasn't determined anything about the veracity of the stories.

Like I said earlier, I'd be more inclined to believe this stuff if there was at least one credible report from a news agency or public safety official.  These days there are a lot of evil minded folks with time on their hands and access to the internet who just love starting BS.  I'm thinking this story may be one of those.

Jerry

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 08:55:04 AM »

Years ago there was the initiation where the "Gang Prospects" would drive with their high-beams on and if you flashed your high-beams at them then the "Prospects" would chase you down and shoot you.

:nervous:

That's why I stay on the porch!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 08:57:13 AM by DDavidson »
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

ultrarider123

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 08:56:28 AM »

I don't know why we are so surprised/skeptical of this article.  The general public has been targeting scooters for years.... ::)

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 09:15:13 AM »

Quite the rumor.  I tend to agree with those who say it's not in the MSM or reported any other way.  Generally, LEO will make some type of announcement warning riders of the danger if true.  This sounds like a lot of BS.  Just the fact they say their driving on and off base leads me to suspect this story.  The Military doesn't take kindly to gangs running around on Federal property.

But there are some creeps in that area.  My Sister-in-Law was murdered in a road rage incident in Fayetteville, NC 18 years ago.  It's a rough town.
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 10:31:53 AM »

If it ever happens to me, I hope the TNT decal will stop a .45apc. I would truly hate you hurt a innocent young person.  :huepfenlol2:
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 10:47:08 AM »

x2
DND

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2012, 11:01:27 AM »

snoops....really?

I don't get it either...if you're bashing Snopes, don't do so just because they researched something and found different factual information than what you might have heard from a news source, talk radio host, or other BIASED souce that you happen to agree with.  I have done my share of cross checking Snopes findings, whether their research agreed or disagreed with what I might have wanted to hear, and have yet to find them at fault in supporting any particular agenda.

This sounds like another one of those "e-mail" things that gets circulated for whatever reason.  I'm pretty sure that if something like this was actually happening, some local news would be all over it.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

bmcgc

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2012, 12:00:50 AM »

"Welcome to snopes.com, the definitive Internet reference source for urban legends, folklore, myths, rumors, and misinformation. Use the search box above to locate your item of interest, or click one of the icons below to browse the site by category."

Those of you who go to the snoops website for your news, I hope you are not voters.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 10:48:57 AM »

"Welcome to snopes.com, the definitive Internet reference source for urban legends, folklore, myths, rumors, and misinformation. Use the search box above to locate your item of interest, or click one of the icons below to browse the site by category."

Those of you who go to the snoops website for your news, I hope you are not voters.

I wasn't aware they claimed to be a "news source".  What they are is a fact checking operation that attempts to research all those urban legends, myths, rumors, and various other BS that is so freely slung around these days.  Are they perfect?  Not likely.  Are they better than just blindly believing all those emails and blogs that proclaim all sorts of BS to try to influence people?  You betcha.  Obviously they didn't agree somewhere along the line with one of your pet ideas, such is life. 

How about factcheck.org, do they meet your criteria for a good site, or did they also step on one or more of your deeply held beliefs?  If not, what do you use to fact check the stuff you see and read?  Psychics, Ouija boards, signs from supreme beings, or what?

Jerry  ;)

Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 24 queries.