Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Author Topic: Good news on V/H exhaust systems for Breakout  (Read 30812 times)

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Good news on V/H exhaust systems for Breakout
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2013, 10:33:18 AM »

cbdeluxe....dyin' por pics over here! 

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2013, 10:49:39 AM »

Great, just let us know how it goes.  I don't know if I would attempt a full exhaust or not- slip ons I can handle, but a full exhaust, with 02 sensors and all?  Anyway, good luck with it and I hope you have some good weather out there and you can let us know what you think.  

Hey Dobe,

I just talked to the dealer and I will get the bike over there this Friday when they open at 10:00, and this time of year, I can just wait on it.  I have to go to a dealer that is about 45 minutes away.  My local dealer that I buy from stopped doing ALL mod work other than HD accessories this past summer.  They will not put anything on a bike that modifies emissions or is listed as "for off-road use only", like full exhaust systems.

It's whacky.  they told me something about their lawyer said that the EPA can come in and inspect their shop and it's a $5,000 fine per violation?????  I have never heard of this happening, ever. Especially here in Ohio-EVERYBODY has a bike with aftermarket exhaust, so I don't think anyone is really worried about EPA violations.  The parts and service guys there are losing their minds watching all of the business for aftermarket work going elsewhere.

It's a wonderful, small family owned dealership and nobody services my bikes but them as they take great care of me, but this seems a little out there....

There is another local dealer in town that I am actually only 2 miles away from, but I wouldn't send my worst enemy there for service, not even for something simple like exhaust installation.

It's supposed to be sunny and 45 Friday, so I should be able to get a good long ride on the bike after the install.

will let you know!

Jeff
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 10:52:16 AM by Z06_Pilot »
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: FLHXSE 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: VRSCF 2013 V Rod Muscle
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2013, 11:54:37 AM »

It's whacky.  they told me something about their lawyer said that the EPA can come in and inspect their shop and it's a $5,000 fine per violation?????  I have never heard of this happening, ever. Especially here in Ohio-EVERYBODY has a bike with aftermarket exhaust, so I don't think anyone is really worried about EPA violations.  The parts and service guys there are losing their minds watching all of the business for aftermarket work going elsewhere.

Z, Interesting you bring up the EPA requirements.  Some states have exempted motorcycles from emissions testing/mandatory CAT requirements (Missouri being one of them)  You can look up your state laws on line.  The states that do have emission requirements for motorcycles really do not have any way of testing or enforcing, but that day could be coming.
Fuelmoto 2-1-2 Jackpot Headers
Fuelmoto FLH E Series Mufflers - 14 discs

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2013, 12:07:05 PM »

Hey Born,

I think there are 3 cities in Ohio that require 4-wheel emissions testing, but no MC that I am aware of.

Whether there is a check or not, I have just never heard of a dealer afraid of an EPA inspection of their shop resulting in fines?  That just seems to far-fetched to me.  I have to believe there just aren't enough EPA people on the ground to worry about VERY small emissions issues like MC's.....unless someone else has heard of this, it's one of the craziest things I have come across...

And even if testing does come....ok, so once a year you switch your exhaust back to stock, then flip it back when you get home from inspection, you know?  A PITA for sure, but it's not a huge deal.  My dealer is acting like big brother is going to raid all the MC shops any day now.....
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2013, 01:51:15 PM »

I hope the weather works out good for you.  I looked at my bike this weekend....I don't understand the 45 degree angle thing with the 02 sensors.  Maybe Vandce and Hines should pay YOU for R&R!

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2013, 02:52:44 PM »

I hope the weather works out good for you.  I looked at my bike this weekend....I don't understand the 45 degree angle thing with the 02 sensors.  Maybe Vandce and Hines should pay YOU for R&R!

YEA!

You know, I did the same thing.  I was checking out where the o2's fit in and there does not seem to be anything unusual about the fitting on the header....

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2013, 02:58:19 PM »

I hope the weather holds for you- was actually thinking about getting mine out a few days ago, and then the freezing rain came and then the salt and extremely cold temps, so no riding in the near future here.

Hey Dobe,

I just talked to the dealer and I will get the bike over there this Friday when they open at 10:00, and this time of year, I can just wait on it.  I have to go to a dealer that is about 45 minutes away.  My local dealer that I buy from stopped doing ALL mod work other than HD accessories this past summer.  They will not put anything on a bike that modifies emissions or is listed as "for off-road use only", like full exhaust systems.

It's a wonderful, small family owned dealership and nobody services my bikes but them as they take great care of me, but this seems a little out there....

There is another local dealer in town that I am actually only 2 miles away from, but I wouldn't send my worst enemy there for service, not even for something simple like exhaust installation.

It's supposed to be sunny and 45 Friday, so I should be able to get a good long ride on the bike after the install.

will let you know!

Jeff

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2013, 04:21:46 PM »

I hope the weather holds for you- was actually thinking about getting mine out a few days ago, and then the freezing rain came and then the salt and extremely cold temps, so no riding in the near future here.

My car was ice shelled on Saturday....then a ridiculous amount of salt fallowed.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2013, 05:01:35 PM »

My car was ice shelled on Saturday....then a ridiculous amount of salt fallowed.
I think I will be good to go.  We had lot's of rain over the past two days that washed the salt away, and it's supposed to be drive for the next 10 days, sunny and 45 on fri and sat.....that's definintely riding opportunities for me!

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2013, 10:47:20 AM »

Paging cbdeluxe!!!!   :worthless:

Fisherman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout Hard Candy Gold
« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2013, 04:24:58 PM »

How about the V and H Tapered slash-cut 2-1 ? :2vrolijk_21:

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2013, 05:45:55 PM »

How about the V and H Tapered slash-cut 2-1 ? :2vrolijk_21:

Slip-ons or full exhaust?   I have the slash-cut slip ons on my bike now.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2013, 05:46:48 PM »

OK, V/H BR 2-2 exhaust is in the house!

Friday first thing, we will see what happens with the install...

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2013, 06:44:24 PM »

:vrolijk_11: :2vrolijk_20: :2vrolijk_20: :2vrolijk_20: :2vrolijk_20: :2vrolijk_20: :2vrolijk_20:

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSBSE - Red ones go faster!
    • Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2013, 09:44:13 PM »

OK, V/H BR 2-2 exhaust is in the house!

Friday first thing, we will see what happens with the install...

:worthless:
Cheers
Brett

2013 FXSBSE with ProCharger - Giddy Up!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.