Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Author Topic: Good news on V/H exhaust systems for Breakout  (Read 30847 times)

Dave H

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 ( SESG ) Orange/Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red ( Sadly Sold )
    • CVO3: 2016 FLHXSE3 Black
Re: Good news on V/H exhaust systems for Breakout
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2013, 05:00:20 PM »

Big Radius look amazing ! and what a great sound :bananarock: :bananarock:
Thanks again Nicky for posting this

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2013, 03:58:40 AM »

here is a pic, apologies if it doesnt work. new to this

2:1 looks great!  Did you have to modify the passenger footpeg?
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2013, 05:36:40 PM »

You do have to relocate the r/side peg and it comes with a bracket to do so, but you have to purchase another one seperately to make them even with
each other. I generally ride solo so I think i'll run without rear pegs.

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #108 on: January 30, 2013, 02:36:30 AM »

You do have to relocate the r/side peg and it comes with a bracket to do so, but you have to purchase another one seperately to make them even with
each other. I generally ride solo so I think i'll run without rear pegs.

Thanks for the info, enjoy your ride!!
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #109 on: January 30, 2013, 09:25:27 AM »

I went on Vance and Hines Facebook page and linked them to Z06pilot's thread and they said they fit but the tolerances are to tight by the oil lines and the forward controls....they do not recommend it.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #110 on: January 30, 2013, 09:50:57 AM »

I went on Vance and Hines Facebook page and linked them to Z06pilot's thread and they said they fit but the tolerances are to tight by the oil lines and the forward controls....they do not recommend it.

Yea, I talked to them and they told me the same thing.  When i had them installed, the guys checked everything as they were putting them on.  Nowhere close to the oil lines and the rear header has the exact same clearance to the rear cylinder, as it bends around the back of it, as the stock header did.  I know because the guys at the shop measured all of these distances from the old exhaust and compared them to the new going on to ensure there would be no issue at all.  They told me they would never install anything on a bike that might result in unsafe or questionable riding/equipment conditions.  John there told me their butts are on the line when they install anything on a bike.

I have no idea what they mean by being close to the forward controls.  I wipe my bikes down a LOT, so I am very accustomed to how things fit because I move a micro fiber cloth between parts all the time cleaning the bikes, and I just don't see what they mean with any of their explanation.

I am considering the source here.  Sure they manufacture it and they should know everything about it, but these are also the guys who told me it would be March because the o2 mounts on the Breakout are at a 45 degree angle, different from every other 2013 Softail.  I checked at my dealer how the o2 mounts are on the Slim and the Fatboy low.....exactly like the Breakout....

So for me, I'm enjoying the hell out of my 2-2's..... :P
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 09:53:40 AM by Z06_Pilot »
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2013, 11:14:19 AM »

Yea, I talked to them and they told me the same thing.  When i had them installed, the guys checked everything as they were putting them on.  Nowhere close to the oil lines and the rear header has the exact same clearance to the rear cylinder, as it bends around the back of it, as the stock header did.  I know because the guys at the shop measured all of these distances from the old exhaust and compared them to the new going on to ensure there would be no issue at all.  They told me they would never install anything on a bike that might result in unsafe or questionable riding/equipment conditions.  John there told me their butts are on the line when they install anything on a bike.

I have no idea what they mean by being close to the forward controls.  I wipe my bikes down a LOT, so I am very accustomed to how things fit because I move a micro fiber cloth between parts all the time cleaning the bikes, and I just don't see what they mean with any of their explanation.

I am considering the source here.  Sure they manufacture it and they should know everything about it, but these are also the guys who told me it would be March because the o2 mounts on the Breakout are at a 45 degree angle, different from every other 2013 Softail.  I checked at my dealer how the o2 mounts are on the Slim and the Fatboy low.....exactly like the Breakout....

So for me, I'm enjoying the hell out of my 2-2's..... :P

With my luck, I'd be the guy that the oil lines get to hot and the engine blows or something.

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2013, 12:23:33 PM »

I am sure the new ones that will "fit" our bikes will probably cost more than the standard pipes that already fit.

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2013, 03:49:41 PM »

Second that- noticed today on Vance and Hines website that when you click on fitment for the 2 into 1 big radius pipe it says "not recommended for CVO Breakout"- and for the 2 into 2 pipes they say to substitute part number 26065.  I can't find that part number anywhere.  Still guessing they will pretty much come out with the same pipes but with a higher price tag.  That being said, I still won't be getting one until they have the official stamp of approval (which might happen before I can ride here again anyway).

I am sure the new ones that will "fit" our bikes will probably cost more than the standard pipes that already fit.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 03:46:18 PM by Dobeman2000 »

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #114 on: February 02, 2013, 01:52:54 AM »

Second that- noticed today on Vance and Hines website that when you click on fitment for the 2 into 1 big radius pipe it says "not recommended for CVO Breakout"- and for the 2 into 2 pipes they say to substitute part number 26065.  I can't find that part number anywhere.  Still guessing they will pretty much come out with the same pipes but with a higher price tag.  That being said, I still won't be getting one until they have the official stamp of approval (which might happen before I can ride here again anyway).

That is what I'm going to do.  After Facebook chats, I finally talked to a guy that said tolerances are too tight by the oil liness and forward controls.  I'm going to wait because its winter and I can't do anything anyways...

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Hard Candy Gold Dust/Liquid Sun
« Reply #115 on: February 02, 2013, 01:58:38 AM »

Would adding an oil cooler resolve this issue?
You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! - Davy Crockett

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #116 on: February 02, 2013, 06:46:07 AM »

Well . . . . my dealer ordered the 2:1 made for the Rocker as I suspect the frame is the same size as the Breakout due to the 240 mm tire.  He also ordered an adapter for the o2 sensor . . . let's hope it goes well

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #117 on: February 02, 2013, 06:52:31 AM »

here is a pic, apologies if it doesnt work. new to this
Hey cbdeluxe, I've got those same pipes coming! I think it looks great and we could all use more torque ;D Did you dealer order the one intended for the Rocker?

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #118 on: February 02, 2013, 09:36:07 PM »

No, Order the ones for 2012-13 softail part#28019. The ones for the rocker have the wrong o2 sensor bungs.

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #119 on: February 03, 2013, 06:33:20 AM »

No, Order the ones for 2012-13 softail part#28019. The ones for the rocker have the wrong o2 sensor bungs.
He ordered the one for the Rocker but also o2 sensor adaptors so it should fit.  Keeping my fingers crossed.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 25 queries.