Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: 2014 Model year  (Read 19538 times)

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
Re: 2014 Model year
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 04:33:50 AM »

Found this picture about 12 months ago, we all know its going to happen its just when!!!

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 06:30:05 AM »

So, the next questions is....

HD antifreeze, HD Screaming Eagle antifreeze or Peak, Prestone Antifreeze?

:nixweiss: :huepfenlol2: :P

Couldn't resist.

Ride Safe,

YELLOWBIRD
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2012, 08:18:21 AM »

Predicting 2014 already??,  why, were all going to die when world ends Dec 21   :huepfenjump3:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 08:20:35 AM by cvobiker »

Dacuda

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Atomic Orange CVO Road Glide Custom 117
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2012, 08:38:34 AM »

I also heard from a dealer that has a good inside source that there will be no 2014 Road Glide, so it looks like a re-boot is in the plans for 2015

blacktop

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2013 - Anniversary #674
    • CVO3: 2021 CVO Limited Bronze
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2012, 08:40:10 AM »

Predicting 2014 already??,  why, were all going to die when world ends Dec 21   :huepfenjump3:

No.... on Dec 21 the Mayans are coming back to give us a new calendar and say 'We'll be back'.

ultrarider123

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2012, 08:44:05 AM »

Mayans?  Mayans?  We don need no stinkin' Mayans..... :bananarock:

As for the possible changes a'comin' to the HD models in 2014, we've been watching for the water cooled "scare" for quite a few years now.  I remember before the twin cam came out, the motorcycle world was all a'buzz about the new water cooled motor coming from the MoCo.  Nope, just an additional cam.  Could happen, could not, could be they re-introduce the Sprint.... :2vrolijk_21:

We will know when August (or September, October, November....???) comes around next year.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 08:50:31 AM by Ultrarider1 »

mark

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2012, 11:04:37 AM »

You know it won't be simple - owners manual will state, "in order to avoid engine corrosion and the voiding of your warranty, the MoCo requires the cooling fluid to be changed every 5k miles."  You'll have to purchase a special HD tool to access the coolant reservoir - of course, it can only be purchased from your HD dealer for $89.95.  Only HD Screamin' Eagle coolant can be used, at $13.95 quart.  Redline will be the first manufacturer to offer an alternative coolant, but it'll still costs $13.95 a quart.

On a positive note, think of all the engine coolant threads that we'll get to read.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2012, 11:44:22 AM »

You know it won't be simple - owners manual will state, "in order to avoid engine corrosion and the voiding of your warranty, the MoCo requires the cooling fluid to be changed every 5k miles."  You'll have to purchase a special HD tool to access the coolant reservoir - of course, it can only be purchased from your HD dealer for $89.95.  Only HD Screamin' Eagle coolant can be used, at $13.95 quart.  Redline will be the first manufacturer to offer an alternative coolant, but it'll still costs $13.95 a quart.

On a positive note, think of all the engine coolant threads that we'll get to read.
And don't forget about the water pump bearing failures!

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

FLY-DOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • U.S. Navy (30 years); Delta Air Lines (22 years)
    • FL

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2012, 12:24:24 PM »

Found this picture about 12 months ago, we all know its going to happen its just when!!!

Wow, this guy built his VRod conversion to look just like the MOCO would have done, it looks good!  I like this and the other renderings by Aussie however I think it would be a major mistake for the MOCO to drop the air cooled big twins at the same time they introduce water cooled big twins (er, VRod powered replacements).  They would be wise to keep the air cooled retro-models for us old-timers that like the current design and bring out a water cooled model to gauge interest.  Once (IF) the new design catches on with a new generation of buyers and us old farts get used to the new design they could decide whether to keep both, if both are profitable, or phase out the least popular of the two.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 05:17:04 PM by FLY-DOG »
Current Stable:
2021 BMW R1250 GSA Rallye
2016 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited w/392 Hemi
2012 CVO Street Glide
2007 Mustang GT500
2006 YZ250F

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2012, 05:11:22 PM »

I think more than likely, in 2014, the MoCo will build motorcycles.

Unless the Pool Boy says differently, of course.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2012, 06:00:20 PM »

OK, so I'm a little late to this...."crank issues"?  I hope these were early in the 110's life?  I just bought my first CVO and for $27k large, I am hoping for rock solid reliability.....is that a pipe dream??

Pretty much...There have been crank issues of one sort or another for years, but more prevalent in the 110's than the older 103's.  Generally, the issues surround the amount of "wobble" or runout, but there have been the occasional problem with scissored cranks too.  The scissoring I wouldn't be all that concerned with unless you start building the motor up to produce a lot more TQ than it does with just exhaust and/or milder cams, etc.  The biggest issue lately is lifter failure.  To make sure that doesn't happen, the stock lifters should probably be replaced at about 25-30K, or if you have a warranty, just let it implode.  Not ALL of the 110's seem to have this issue, but enough of them to be something of concern for all of us.  Sad, but true.  If a person is looking for long term reliability and nothing more than normal service intervals, Harley is probably not the best choice of motorcycles.  Until people stop buying them, HD has no incentive to improve quality with regards to their components.

As far as 2014 bikes go, and a significant change in HP for the 2014 engine, it would just about have to go to water cooling, IMO.  Can a higher HP/TQ air cooled motor be reliable?  Absolutely...but it won't come out of a HD factory, though the 120r is proving to be a good motor.  I guess it depends on your definition of high HP/TQ in a 800lb bike.  My definition is more than 140HP.

But personally, I'll wait on the 327 V8 and Sony Boom Box on the Servicar...The chances of either are about equal.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2012, 07:21:27 PM »

Pretty much...There have been crank issues of one sort or another for years, but more prevalent in the 110's than the older 103's.  Generally, the issues surround the amount of "wobble" or runout, but there have been the occasional problem with scissored cranks too.  The scissoring I wouldn't be all that concerned with unless you start building the motor up to produce a lot more TQ than it does with just exhaust and/or milder cams, etc.  The biggest issue lately is lifter failure.  To make sure that doesn't happen, the stock lifters should probably be replaced at about 25-30K, or if you have a warranty, just let it implode.  Not ALL of the 110's seem to have this issue, but enough of them to be something of concern for all of us.  Sad, but true.  If a person is looking for long term reliability and nothing more than normal service intervals, Harley is probably not the best choice of motorcycles.  Until people stop buying them, HD has no incentive to improve quality with regards to their components.

As far as 2014 bikes go, and a significant change in HP for the 2014 engine, it would just about have to go to water cooling, IMO.  Can a higher HP/TQ air cooled motor be reliable?  Absolutely...but it won't come out of a HD factory, though the 120r is proving to be a good motor.  I guess it depends on your definition of high HP/TQ in a 800lb bike.  My definition is more than 140HP.

But personally, I'll wait on the 327 V8 and Sony Boom Box on the Servicar...The chances of either are about equal.

thanks very much for taking the time with an explanation...it's much appreciated!   OH yea, i definitely got the 7 year warranty-actually a 5 year that starts after the 2 year is up).  On a bike this pricey, it's very cheap insurance...
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2012, 12:23:38 PM »

Looking forward to some new Harley's.

My 09 is the best and worst motorcycle I have ever owned.
Along with most here I am completely disgusted with HD when something goes wrong with my $40k motorcycle.
I have had all the common problems: compensators, lifters, heated grips, HK stereo, brake switch, torn seat, cupped tires, all making me second guess my loyalty to Harleys.

But after Woods TW7h's, Revolution Perf EMS, Fullsac 2" cores, no cat header, WO575 handlebars, on and on... this is by far the best handling, smoothest ride I have ever owned.
I look forward to every twist of the grip.  It is by far the best motorcycle I have ever been lucky enough to own.  

If Harley comes out with a water cooled more HP, improved modern electronics, they will have my attention once again.  

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2012, 01:32:06 PM »

Yeah, that's essentially where I am.  I can't see investing $40K+ to replace what I have with the same.

I'm thinking a water cooled version of the 120R with ~125HP/125TQ, with new electronics would definitely catch my attention.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2012, 04:35:58 PM »

Don't buy the first one....

or the second one.....

napalm
napalm
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 20 queries.