Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Lifetime HOG membership change?  (Read 8514 times)

SupDude

Re: Lifetime HOG membership change?
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2012, 10:09:32 PM »

Many years ago I was the Membership Officer in a HOG Chapter.   In order to join a local chapter you must first be a national member. Several of our members had lifetime National HOG Memberships.  National members still had to pay annual dues to the local chapter every year.  If someone's national membership expired in the middle of the year their local membership was suspended until they rejoined Nationl.  That was my experience.   I have not been a member of a HOG Chapter in many years so things may have changed.
2013 CVO Road Glide Anniversary

ultrarider123

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 08:29:33 AM »

Been a national HOG member for a while now but have not moved to Life membership.  I should have years ago when it was much cheaper... :nixweiss:   Not sure if our local chapters offer the lifetime deal but have not ever heard it mentioned so would assume they do not.

As for local chapters and discounts, the local dealers have their own discount program but also have some specials for the local HOG chapter members.  Both the K'ville chapter and SMHD/Maryville chapters are very active here in East Tennessee.  However, I chose not to be a member of the local groups.  I was in a home owners association once and did not like it.  Went to a couple local HOG meetings and felt about the same as the HOA meetings and decided it was not for me.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 08:31:47 AM by Ultrarider1 »

Yoda

• Full CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Black Onyx, Heavy Breather, SE Slip Ons, HDRT, 10.5/1 pistons, 263E Cams
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 09:37:46 AM »

I do not claim to be an expert.  I inquired about chapter life memberships when I was the Director of our local chapter and got some education on the matter from both our local dealer and National HOG.  What if the dealerships goes out of business?  What if the dealership decides to close the HOG Chapter?  What if the dealership is sold and the new owner does not want a HOG Chapter?  Now you could use some of the same argument with National HOG life memberships also.  Just my experience.
I have gone to a lifetime HOG membersip and I hope I have the years left in the saddle to reap the benefits of it.

Yoda

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2012, 09:50:34 AM »

Just wondering--(too lazy to look)--does anyone know how much Life Membership to National is?
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Yoda

• Full CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Black Onyx, Heavy Breather, SE Slip Ons, HDRT, 10.5/1 pistons, 263E Cams
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2012, 09:55:54 AM »

Current prices are as follows (in $US):
Full membership: One year: $45
Two years: $85
Three years: $120
Associate membership: One year: $25
Two years: $45
Three years: $65
Full life membership: $650
Full life membership after five consecutive years of membership:  $400
Associate life membership:  $325
Associate life membership after five consecutive years of membership:  $200

Note: Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable.

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2012, 01:21:57 PM »

I've got more than 5 yrs in so far, so it looks like a lifetime membership would be a good deal. Thanks
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

T-Hawk

• Civil Engineering Tech, US Air Force (Ret)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • "Sheila" My Big Tank Lady
    • AK

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6
    • CVO2: 20?? FXDWG?
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2012, 04:32:46 PM »

Our Local Chapter has only charged $15/yr for quite some time... and the only "Lifetime" members of the Local Chapter are the Charter members.

We're actually dropping out Local Dues for 2013, but the Liability Signature is still a requirement to be on the Local register and to participate in anything the Chapter does as a group.   8)
"Catching a Hornet inside your jacket at 65mph will more than double your vocabulary"
Tailgunner "Gunships"
Crusher True Duals
Barnett Carbon Fiber Performance Clutch
TTS Master Tune
CustomDynamics LED
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 24 queries.