Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: New V&H dresser duals w/ CFR exhuast for my 2012 CVO ultra.  (Read 6897 times)

bro_kin_arrow

New V&H dresser duals w/ CFR exhuast for my 2012 CVO ultra.
« on: November 26, 2012, 07:48:33 PM »

I am pretty excited about this set up. They are in the mail and on there way. Does anyone else have this set up and what are your thoughts?

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Re: New V&H dresser duals w/ CFR exhuast for my 2012 CVO ultra.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 08:27:44 PM »

I am pretty excited about this set up. They are in the mail and on there way. Does anyone else have this set up and what are your thoughts?
I was a nats pee pee away from pulling the trigger on this setup until i saw the ridiculous low end dips from the CFRs (which i LOVE LOVE LOVE the sound of!). I called Fuelmoto and after a nice discussion with their highly qualified tuning staff I decided to go back to the D&D boss fatcat 2-1. Best of luck!

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

bro_kin_arrow

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 09:29:46 PM »

Did you go from stock exhaust to the CFR set up?

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 05:37:44 PM »

Did you go from stock exhaust to the CFR set up?
No I am going from stock to D&D boss fatcat 2-1

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

elmobiker

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 09:39:46 PM »

I went with this set up first with CFR and V+H power duals with old tune did have drop low end. Installed dresser duals sound was really what I was looking for but little more low end loss, went back to the power duals and Big city thunder monster baffles in the CFR. Big difference in low end torque about back to first tune going to try dresser duals tomorrow.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 09:51:52 PM »

I went with this set up first with CFR and V+H power duals with old tune did have drop low end. Installed dresser duals sound was really what I was looking for but little more low end loss, went back to the power duals and Big city thunder monster baffles in the CFR. Big difference in low end torque about back to first tune going to try dresser duals tomorrow.
Wow that's a lot of work! Let us know how it works out. That is really the reason I shyed away from the CFR's  :(

bro_kin_arrow

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 08:08:21 PM »

Looks like they worked well!  They sound freakin awesome!!  The number are great too!!  No Popping, no loss of power!  I LOVE IT!  Totally worth it!!  I tired posting the Dyno sheet but it gives me an error.  I'll try again later.

bro_kin_arrow

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 08:15:30 PM »

Here they are!

bro_kin_arrow

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 08:19:33 PM »

I didn't feel any loss of power nor did I get any popping on deceleration.  I would totally recommend these pipes to anyone plus the website I got them from was extremely nice and they shipped fast.  http://www.ironacesspeedshop.com/

elmobiker

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 08:52:48 PM »

Here is a pic

bro_kin_arrow

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 08:56:26 AM »

Here is a pic
Looking good. I installed my Fatcat 2-1 last night and mapped it with the power vision today. Fedex is out right now with my ghost pipe. Once I receive it, I will post pics of the finished product.  :carrot:

doublerunner

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Road Glide Rio Red/Ember Black
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 09:01:44 PM »

This thread is really interesting to me and I would like to see more follow up posts if possible.

I just bought a 2013 cvo ultra classic and I am researching all the exhaust possibilities. I want a deep rumble but I also want enhanced performance. I am not a big fan of a 2 into 1 look so I would prefer a true dual setup from a looks standpoint.

I have now listened to almost every exhaust on you tube with various configurations. I have to say I absolutely love the deep rumble of the CFR's. Previous to hearing them I had pretty much figured I was going with the Rinehart extreme 4" true duals.

I have to say I do love the sound of the D&D Fat Cat 2 into 1 but I don't like that look and I am also concerned about the heat buildup all being on that one side

Thanks for all the info thus far. Keep posting your experiences as you progress with them

DR
-------------------------------------
Enjoy the Journey

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2012, 07:43:46 AM »

This thread is really interesting to me and I would like to see more follow up posts if possible.

I just bought a 2013 cvo ultra classic and I am researching all the exhaust possibilities. I want a deep rumble but I also want enhanced performance. I am not a big fan of a 2 into 1 look so I would prefer a true dual setup from a looks standpoint.

I have now listened to almost every exhaust on you tube with various configurations. I have to say I absolutely love the deep rumble of the CFR's. Previous to hearing them I had pretty much figured I was going with the Rinehart extreme 4" true duals.

I have to say I do love the sound of the D&D Fat Cat 2 into 1 but I don't like that look and I am also concerned about the heat buildup all being on that one side

Thanks for all the info thus far. Keep posting your experiences as you progress with them

DR
There's no heat buildup with a D&D fatcat however there is a lot LESS heat then the stock pipe. Also, my fatcat has 2 pipes coming out the back under my bags. 1 is the actual 2-1 pipe and the other is a matching ghost pipe. I went with the slant cut which fit the contour of the bags to a tee.

doublerunner

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Road Glide Rio Red/Ember Black
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2012, 07:55:40 AM »

Thank you Jswerve. I know you have don a ton of research on the exhaust systems. When the pipes connect together on the right side do they use something similar in look to the "X" pipe
-------------------------------------
Enjoy the Journey
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 24 queries.