Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: CVO tuner  (Read 6591 times)

Gobbler

Re: CVO tuner
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 06:30:50 PM »

I spoke with Carey at CFR, told him what I was thinking and he said go for it, everything will be fine. He also said they are working on head pipes(true duals). So the setup will be the fullsac x-pipe,CFR slip ons and a master tuner.
Most of my riding is in the 75/80mph zone, therefor I'm not really concerned about low end torque.
I will let everyone know how it all works out.

Gobbler

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 06:32:15 PM »

Sorry, it's a Power Commander 5

SLO-POK3

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2012, 10:43:21 PM »

This past week I installed my V&H true dual header pipes and the Power Command 5 with my CFR mufflers. I love the sound and it ran fantastic. Much better than I expected.

Good luck with your set up.

LB3

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2012, 11:33:44 AM »

This past week I installed my V&H true dual header pipes and the Power Command 5 with my CFR mufflers. I love the sound and it ran fantastic. Much better than I expected.

Good luck with your set up.

I have this same set up. SAE Dyno says 90HP and 110lbs torque.

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2012, 08:02:16 PM »

I spoke with Carey at CFR, told him what I was thinking and he said go for it, everything will be fine. He also said they are working on head pipes(true duals). So the setup will be the fullsac x-pipe,CFR slip ons and a master tuner.
Most of my riding is in the 75/80mph zone, therefor I'm not really concerned about low end torque.
I will let everyone know how it all works out.

I have the same set up, I was thinking of getting the CFR's.  Make sure you post your results.
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2012, 08:37:53 PM »

I have the same set up, I was thinking of getting the CFR's.  Make sure you post your results.

Sorry but I can't hold this in any longer....I tune a lot of bikes with a lot of different exhaust systems. Some systems better than others, BUT the 4 or 5 bikes I tuned with the CFR  systems are by far the worse performing pipes I have ever seen except for the Paul Yaffee's short 2 into 1 that dumps out just forward the saddle bag.
Not only do you loose power on the bottom end the torque falls off quickly killing the top end also and no mater what the build, 103'', 110'', or 120r's the graphs all look the same.....terrible. I know they sound good and they even look good but they do not perform well at all. The bikes run ok but they are no where near running great. I believe you will be seeing alot of these systems on Ebay soon....lol..!
I realize I might be tramping on a few toes here and I'm sorry for that I don't want to cause a war here or bad feelings but I just can't go on seeing post that say how good their bikes run with the CFR systems when the CFR's leave tons of power on the table.
Doc
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

SLO-POK3

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2012, 09:17:46 PM »

Than based on the results i hace seen with this set up, i would reccomend going back to tuneing 101.

And good luck on your business on tuning.

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2012, 11:30:16 PM »

I know Doc's and Steve George's experience level and reputation in this industry. What they tell a guy, you can take to the bank. Good luck with your obviously not a tuner business.
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

lonewolf55

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2012, 02:12:59 AM »

Than based on the results i hace seen with this set up, i would reccomend going back to tuneing 101.
Guess who wrote Tuning 101?

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2012, 06:48:20 AM »

OHHH MY.............. might want to re-think this one, do a quick search and you'll find that this IS the guy!

Gonna need popcorn for this one...... lol :vrolijk_11:
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2012, 07:53:43 AM »

I guess you earned your handle slo pok...... :nixweiss: :P :D :P.....just kidding, couldn't resist that one, sorry.
I would like to see your results.....if it proves me wrong I will, re evaluate my tuning skills but you have to show me what you base your results on. There is a thread here on the CFR pipes where a member posted his graph and guess what.....it looks the same as all the ones I do. The TQ line is rough and peaky.....looks like a mountian peak not a table top. Bottom line is there is not enough back pressure to maintain a good smooth pull, there isn't enough back pressure to give the 02 sensors a chance to report true information, the fuel is all over the place and the AFR changes with every pull on the drum without making any adjustments to it. All this leads to is a poor performing bike. Now if the machine performs well for you then you fall into that bracket where everything in life is good enough.......good tuners strive for perfection on our customes bikes and CFR will not even come close to that....they are good enough for some.
Merry Christmas
Doc
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 08:07:08 AM by Doc 1 »
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2012, 11:37:38 AM »

Sorry but I can't hold this in any longer....I tune a lot of bikes with a lot of different exhaust systems. Some systems better than others, BUT the 4 or 5 bikes I tuned with the CFR  systems are by far the worse performing pipes I have ever seen except for the Paul Yaffee's short 2 into 1 that dumps out just forward the saddle bag.
Not only do you loose power on the bottom end the torque falls off quickly killing the top end also and no mater what the build, 103'', 110'', or 120r's the graphs all look the same.....terrible. I know they sound good and they even look good but they do not perform well at all. The bikes run ok but they are no where near running great. I believe you will be seeing alot of these systems on Ebay soon....lol..!
I realize I might be tramping on a few toes here and I'm sorry for that I don't want to cause a war here or bad feelings but I just can't go on seeing post that say how good their bikes run with the CFR systems when the CFR's leave tons of power on the table.
Doc
Doc, thanks for jumping in on this one. I did about a month's research on CFR's I tried SO HARD to talk myself into buying them. I wanted a different look/sound then anyone around my town. In the end, I couldn't do it for all the reasons you just mentioned. Some of these guys won't admit they spent a lot of money on these and they don't perform well. Hell, one guy told me Cary Faas says they will perform great. Why wouldn't he? He wants to sell you his pipes lmao. In the end I called and spoke to another shop full of reputatable tuners (Fuelmoto) and I decided to go with proven looks and performance in my D&D boss fatcat 2-1. Again, thanks for sharing maybe you can wake some of these guys up. Now would be a good time to pull those CFR's off and put them on Ebay lol. Merry Christmas all!  :soapbox:

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2012, 11:40:09 AM »

SMH  :-\  :oops:  :hanged:

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Puck

• Full CVO Member
  • LIVE FREE OR DIE......

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Black Diamond
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTC vivid black...45" sissy bar & 18" 1.5 apes
    • CVO3: 2008 xl1200c bobtail,low riser,gauges,lowered,tuned,fast as hell
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2012, 12:37:00 PM »

I keep saying in all these cfr threads that its a give and take.,...take great sound/ looks....give up your torque...it's that simple....some are happy with sound some with performance....now if I can design a pipe that sounds like a cfr and performs like a 2-1 pipe ill be rich.....

Puck

• Full CVO Member
  • LIVE FREE OR DIE......

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Black Diamond
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTC vivid black...45" sissy bar & 18" 1.5 apes
    • CVO3: 2008 xl1200c bobtail,low riser,gauges,lowered,tuned,fast as hell
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2012, 12:51:38 PM »

I guess you earned your handle slo pok...... :nixweiss: :P :D :P.....just kidding, couldn't resist that one, sorry.
I would like to see your results.....if it proves me wrong I will, re evaluate my tuning skills but you have to show me what you base your results on. There is a thread here on the CFR pipes where a member posted his graph and guess what.....it looks the same as all the ones I do. The TQ line is rough and peaky.....looks like a mountian peak not a table top. Bottom line is there is not enough back pressure to maintain a good smooth pull, there isn't enough back pressure to give the 02 sensors a chance to report true information, the fuel is all over the place and the AFR changes with every pull on the drum without making any adjustments to it. All this leads to is a poor performing bike. Now if the machine performs well for you then you fall into that bracket where everything in life is good enough.......good tuners strive for perfection on our customes bikes and CFR will not even come close to that....they are good enough for some.
Merry Christmas
Doc

This must be the one doc...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 24 queries.