Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Dynojet power vision  (Read 8595 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Dynojet power vision
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2012, 09:13:15 PM »

After reading some of the literature on the PV I have to say it sounds like a good product.  However, unless I missed something in all that reading I think some of you are misrepresenting, probably unknowingly, the part about not needing a computer to make adjustments.  Based on the info on their website, only certain adjustments can be made directly with the PV device.  Other adjustments, which they didn't detail, do require the use of special software on a Windows computer.  Would that be a deal breaker for anyone?  Doubtful, but I thought I'd mention it for the one or two people that might feel differently.

From the website FAQ's:
----------
"Do I need a computer?

No, a computer will not be needed to load one of the pre-configured calibrations, or a copy of the original calibration into your motorcycle. You can even edit the tune directly on the device without touching a computer. The list of available parameters to edit directly on the Power Vision is limited, but it’s extremely handy for in-field calibration changes. If you want to make adjustments to the calibration beyond what can be done directly on the Power Vision, or if you are an experienced tuner looking to maximize the effectiveness of your tunes, then you will need a computer with Microsoft Windows operating system (XP, Vista, or 7) in order to use the WinPV tuning application (which is included free)."
----------

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Puck

• Full CVO Member
  • LIVE FREE OR DIE......

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Black Diamond
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTC vivid black...45" sissy bar & 18" 1.5 apes
    • CVO3: 2008 xl1200c bobtail,low riser,gauges,lowered,tuned,fast as hell
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2012, 02:07:28 AM »

I find it hard to believe that most people don't own a laptop of some sort...hence that being a deal breaker....

Puck

• Full CVO Member
  • LIVE FREE OR DIE......

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2012, 02:14:33 AM »

I'm still going to purchase a few goodies from f moto because of this and because they have been so helpfull with my questions...their header pipe has both o2 bungs for auto tuning also....and that ceramic coating looks great and sure will help with the heat on this 110 .....

hbens

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Candy Cobalt/Starlight Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 SESG Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2012, 06:23:01 AM »

Im a Power Vision owner, I love it. I bought mine from Fuelmoto knowing it was $80 cheaper from Directcycleparts. Why? Because the extra $80 was well with having Fuelmoto's knowledge a phone call away. They are simply AWESOME. Shipped it to me premapped with a great download for my CVO runs great!
Same here with the service factor from Jamie at FuelMoto.
And now that I've been contacting FM for further mods on my bike the extra change I paid for the PV is paying off in spades with the advice I'm getting.
I bought most of my internal upgrades from them because of the great service my brother received from FM.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity!

Dragula 2 into 1, S&S 640 EZ start cams pistons (10.8 compression) flywheel and Timken bearing, Vee Twin Racing Stage IV ported heads, K&N air cleaner, Power Vision with WBO2 auto tuner, king tour pak, solo & two up mounts, pass. floor boards, Headwinds spot/turn signal lights, zumo 660 GPS, ssaddlebag guard & pouches, Progress Suspension cartridg

UAV Pilot

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2012, 07:47:29 AM »

GRC is partially right about the laptop.  The Power Vision does not "Completely" eliminate any reason for having a laptop.  If you wanted to change the throttle blade position relative to RPM, or turn on and off automatic compression release, then yes you probably would need the computer to do that.  But for those of us who do not care or wish to delve into the inner most workings of the Harley EFI, then no.  Of course if you want to have the latest database onboard the Power Vision then yes you will on occasion have to hook it up to the computer, but you can pull it off the bike and take it inside the house to the PC.  Anyway, I failed to mention earlier that I have gotten tunes from Jamie and Brian at Fuel Moto and have been very pleased.  Brian stepped me through the entire upgrade process for my 110' engine and helped me make some good decisions.  He saved me money that I just did not need to spend, and pointed me in a good direction.  Very good customer service from Fuel Moto.
Better to Remain Silent and Thought a Fool, Than To Open One's Mouth and Remove All Doubt......Abraham Lincoln

Only 9MM

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2012, 06:24:43 AM »

Anyone who seriously compares the Power Vision to other tuners would certainly purchase the Power Vision unit. I know some dealers have great support for the product but NO ONE has better support than Dyno Jet themselves. I worked with Dan the VP of the company. He is awesome, takes great pride in making sure everything is right with the customer.

I have a PV unit on my 09 Softail, I was the first outside of Dyno Jets walls get a second license and use my unit to tune two bikes. It was a beta test for them (and me). I no longer have that second bike. I plan to "upgrade" the exhaust on the CVO and will need to tune. My first second license was free, I will be more thn happy to pay for the next one. In fact the unit is so impressive with what in can do when attached to the bike I may buy a complete set up just for the monitoring abilities.  :orange:
2007 VRSCDX
2008 XL1200N
2009 FXSTC
2010 FLSTSE
2011 XL1200n

Puck

• Full CVO Member
  • LIVE FREE OR DIE......

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2012, 05:57:56 PM »

Well my bike has FINALLY arrived.... Will be putting on the pipes, fulsac 2.5 cores...and tuning with a PV shortly and will provide some pics and info on how it a goes....

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2012, 10:21:46 PM »

I switched over to PowerVision last Spring and will never look back.. I love it..  Ease and perfection of tune is everyones dream.. Buy one for your bike..  You'll love it and I promise...  you'll never look back   ;) to the other guy   ::)

Puck

• Full CVO Member
  • LIVE FREE OR DIE......

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2012, 09:01:48 PM »

I think dyno jet really did their homework on the design and function of the PV..they are definitely the tuner to go to now...I hear that tts has a new system due out soon also...but for ease of use to get this close without a dyno...

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2012, 12:22:05 AM »

I am running the SEPST on my bikes. Good thing is the ability to log data for 15 minutes to smart tune.
Looked at the TTS but didn't want to carry a PC to log data, is there an easy way to tune with the TTS without having to carry a PC?

PowerVision has the goods, tune on the run and monitor what is going on whilst riding.
Has anybody changed from the SEPST, TTS to the new PowerVision?

Puck

• Full CVO Member
  • LIVE FREE OR DIE......

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2013, 02:50:25 PM »

The power vision does15-30 min logs....plus the pro auto tune while a bit more expensive..is pretty much the same as a dyno tune...with these type of tuners the only reason to go get a dyno tune now is for big/ high HP/disp builds...there are those who will always say a dyno,tune is best...IMHO only for those that really want every ounce of power and ride really hard...givin your tuner is up to snuff....

Sarhan

• Still a Live
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2013, 05:03:30 AM »

Good reason for me to shift from TTS to PV

the extra license is 199.00  you contact dynojet directly, they need some info from your pv, and then they will customize you a code that you input into your pv unit directly which when you hook it up to your second bike, will then marry to it.

Questions / Support: 1-800-992-4993
A short walk is tedious when no one walks with you, but a long journey is just like a few steps, when you walk with god & caring friends

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2013, 08:27:29 AM »

Good reason for me to shift from TTS to PV

Good choice.  :2vrolijk_21:

tpseabird

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2013, 06:17:10 PM »

Are you doing the install this weekend? I'm thinking the same setup (Fullsac X pipe and cores), but I'm on the fence between TTS and PV.

Anyway, interested in your results and how the PV tune turns out with a Fullsac setup.

Well my bike has FINALLY arrived.... Will be putting on the pipes, fulsac 2.5 cores...and tuning with a PV shortly and will provide some pics and info on how it a goes....
Semper Paratus!

joe_carrera

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2013, 06:23:59 PM »

Are you doing the install this weekend? I'm thinking the same setup (Fullsac X pipe and cores), but I'm on the fence between TTS and PV.

Anyway, interested in your results and how the PV tune turns out with a Fullsac setup.

I'm a powervision big fan and have use it on 2 bikes already ( softail 2011 96 ci with wood555 and streetglide 2011 103 ci, stage 4 ) .

I now traded the SG for a new roadking cvo 2013 ( saphir if you ask :)  ) .

My set up is fullsac xpipe and 2"core, no cam swap . I received a tts map from fullsac, and i'm obliged to copy and paste the main tables from the tts table to a  PV tune table format.

As soon as I get the new license files, i will save the exisiting SE CVO tune and update it based upon fullsac tune.. I'll tell you how it goes:)

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 20 queries.