Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: New Cory Ness Victory Cross Country  (Read 15448 times)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
Re: New Cory Ness Victory Cross Country
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2013, 10:10:32 AM »

I see 2ksoftail is at it again with another one of those avatars :huepfenjump3:

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2013, 10:31:11 AM »

Terry and I rode one recently and the only complaint from her was that she had to lean back too much, but I guess the TP could be adjusted a little to take care of that. Overall a very nice ride.  Doc
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 11:47:34 PM by grandpadoc »

Harley Guy

• Elite CVO Member
  • RIDE ON ...............
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Ultra Classic.... Ruby - sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Limited........... Dirty Blonde
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2013, 12:55:41 PM »

I noticed the bike in the link below when I was in Virginia a few weeks ago, at a Victory dealership.

http://www.hilltopcycle.com/new_galleria.asp?sid=05559198X6K26K2013J8I57I48JAMQ2020R0&veh=347720&CatDesc=Motorcycles&ModelYear=2013

The bike REALLY shines in person.

PMG1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2013, 08:18:59 AM »

I posted in the picture section my recap of Sturgis 2013. One trend I mentioned was the increase (and I mean increase) of Victory and custom Victory bikes. I had 2 friends buy, over the phone, on the spot new Indians as well. Its Ok to have good USA competition. Here was a guy from South Carolina that had a custom Victory and spent around 30k. Well as Burt Reynolds said in Smokey and the Bandit "need one speedier than that" is my thought on the price difference we all have in comparison to the 30k number. Well north of that. I'm a HD guy but these look and sound like nice bikes. Hey I like the BMW1600 too and when I stop by the BMW dealer on a cold winters day and realize its 24k loaded to the gills with only 3 option package it makes me think too.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2013, 10:26:06 PM »

I posted in the picture section my recap of Sturgis 2013. One trend I mentioned was the increase (and I mean increase) of Victory and custom Victory bikes. I had 2 friends buy, over the phone, on the spot new Indians as well. Its Ok to have good USA competition. Here was a guy from South Carolina that had a custom Victory and spent around 30k. Well as Burt Reynolds said in Smokey and the Bandit "need one speedier than that" is my thought on the price difference we all have in comparison to the 30k number. Well north of that. I'm a HD guy but these look and sound like nice bikes. Hey I like the BMW1600 too and when I stop by the BMW dealer on a cold winters day and realize its 24k loaded to the gills with only 3 option package it makes me think too.

Nice looking bike kinda reminds me of a blacked out street glide with a big front wheel and stretched bags and fender. Oh wait, that's because it is basically a SG rip off. It is a very nice bike but we've all seen these from HD first. They need to come up with their own thing instead of mimicking the HD bikes...

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

westtexasroadglide

« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2013, 02:44:19 PM »

Nice looking bike kinda reminds me of a blacked out street glide with a big front wheel and stretched bags and fender. Oh wait, that's because it is basically a SG rip off. It is a very nice bike but we've all seen these from HD first. They need to come up with their own thing instead of mimicking the HD bikes...
LOL! Some of you guys responses to this are pretty hilarious. Look, coming from a multiple Harley owner, and someone that works at a Victory dealer for the past 6 years, I'll try and give you an unbiased opinion.

I currently have a 2012 CVO Road Glide custom. I've had 2 previous street glides and definitely was punched in the gut by the shark nose bikes after riding one in the mountains, so definitely a huge fan. In comparison sake of the Victory Cross Country to the bike it was designed to compete with head to head, the Street Glide, I can tell you from owning a couple, that in a head to head comparison that in almost every category, the Victory is a better bike to ride. The power is definitely better, much more comfortable regardless if you're short or tall like myself at 6'1", and handling is better. The most obvious plus side to it is the fact that it's a few THOUSAND dollars less expensive.

With all that being said, I personally don't usually hold on to bikes for very long. So to me, resale value is a huge thing for me. And in that category, Harley will rule that category for a LOOOOONG time to come. The other thing that, as of now, is something to consider, is there are a lot more options to personalize your Harley to your personality. Another category that Harley is definitely ahead in. Now, does that mean that you can't customize your Victory to your liking? Of course not. But I also know from a professional standpoint how much harder and less readily available aftermarket parts are to find for a Victory than it is for a Harley. For Pete's sake, there are 40+ different types of handlebars to choose from for a Street Glide. You MIGHT have 3 or so for a Victory.

One more thing to keep in mind. Competition is ALWAYS a good thing to have in any industry, and the 2014 Harley's are evidence of that. With the exception of the new frames in 2009, Harley really hasn't changed much. I'm pretty sure it's a safe bet that with the release of the Cross Country model in 2010, and the increase of sales in the market of that model, that was definitely a good reason for Harley to make the changes it did for it's 2014 models. So as much as us Harley owners may want to bad mouth Victory and hate on them all we want, we might actually have reason to thank them for the nice changes Harley made for 2014.

One thing is for sure, if you're on either of the brands, you're probably a happy camper and enjoying the life and riding down the asphalt. In my book, that's a win no matter what.  :pepper:

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2013, 02:59:22 PM »

Very good report. I agree what ever you ride you will love as long as you can ride relatively problem free. I also agree that Victory and Indian in the game gives more choices and may force HD to improve. Can't wait to see the next step in the liquid cooling.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2013, 03:02:13 PM »

and someone that works at a Victory dealer for the past 6 years, I'll try and give you an unbiased opinion.

that in a head to head comparison that in almost every category, the Victory is a better bike to ride.

Remember, be nice to newbies!   ;D

At what point do we get the unbiased opinion?

Here's mine, Honda may be the best bikes, Victories may be the best bikes, Ducati's may be the best bikes, but the best bike for ME are the Harley's sitting in my garage. And most likely you won't find me on a Ducati, Honda or Victory site trying to convince others of that fact.
Because------> I'd rather be riding my Harley!

;)

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2013, 06:27:20 PM »

Remember, be nice to newbies!   ;D

At what point do we get the unbiased opinion?

Here's mine, Honda may be the best bikes, Victories may be the best bikes, Ducati's may be the best bikes, but the best bike for ME are the Harley's sitting in my garage. And most likely you won't find me on a Ducati, Honda or Victory site trying to convince others of that fact.
Because------> I'd rather be riding my Harley!

;)

SBB

SBB, I've decided that the best bike for you is a Suzuki.  Now go sell those Harleys and get one.    :(
Jesus is Lord

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2013, 08:14:22 PM »

SBB, I've decided that the best bike for you is a Suzuki.  Now go sell those Harleys and get one.    :(

dlaws

Thanks for thinking of me.
I have had a little of everything.
Last Suzuki I had was a Hayabusa.
The air box was modified, had an Akrapovic 4 into 1 exhaust with a Power Commander.
Was a fun fast bike but my knees couldn't take more than 100 miles at a time.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 25 queries.