Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Is it bad that I'm thinking of getting rid of my Breakout already?  (Read 9919 times)

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: FLHXSE 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: VRSCF 2013 V Rod Muscle
Re: Is it bad that I'm thinking of getting rid of my Breakout already?
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 05:21:49 PM »

Ride it for at least a 1000 miles then if you still feel the same, you will not have a problem selling it.   When I pulled my deposit on my breakout last week they had 3 guys in line behind me...lol.  I have no regrets pulling the plug only because I knew I wasn't going to be the right bike for me to have as a first bike.....However, I bought the 2013 V Rod Muscle yesterday and I am pretty geeked!   Now the only problem is winter is hanging on about 2 weeks longer than it should be in St Louis!!!
Fuelmoto 2-1-2 Jackpot Headers
Fuelmoto FLH E Series Mufflers - 14 discs

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 19 roadglide mako shark
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 07:33:31 PM »

My 2011 Deluxe was great on fit and finish....the 2012 FLHX was about 95% great.....I'm just over thinking, but it (paint and fit and finish) is an issue.

do you still have your flhx  why i ask is  i had a cvo duece and a electraglide at the same time and rode the glide alot more duece just set there lookin pretty i cant imagine switchin back to a softail. dont get me wrong the cvo breakout is the sharpest bike around. just courious if this your only bike. great luck with whatever you decide
04 cvo duece blue sold
06 electaglide classic sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako
and washboy for wifes softail deluxe

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 08:16:49 PM »

do you still have your flhx  why i ask is  i had a cvo duece and a electraglide at the same time and rode the glide alot more duece just set there lookin pretty i cant imagine switchin back to a softail. dont get me wrong the cvo breakout is the sharpest bike around. just courious if this your only bike. great luck with whatever you decide

I traded the FLHX to get the Breakout....I wish I could have kept both, but I could only afford one or the other.  I suppose I could have taken out a loan on the Breakout, but I believe that something like a Breakout.....a toy...should be paid off.

KID ROCK

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2009 orange crush
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 08:41:43 PM »

its just a matter of time  you will be riding a BAGGER

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Hard Candy Gold Dust/Liquid Sun
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2013, 09:31:14 PM »

I'm thinking about getting a bagger to go along with my Breakout. Not right at the moment but sometime in the future. Probably a street glide.
You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! - Davy Crockett

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 09:37:01 PM »

its just a matter of time  you will be riding a BAGGER

I had one...most of my riding is short "therapy" ride on weekends.  I work weekend, I don't do any real long distance rides.   A touring bike is nice, but not what I need.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 09:48:34 PM »

You really only hear about the "bad" issues here. There are many, many great CVO's on the road that haven't had any major problems.  Your's probably fits in the latter category. Ride it and enjoy without the anticipation of something bad happening. JMHO
Jesus is Lord

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2013, 09:49:18 PM »

I know you read my post about the paint issues and I was really upset after it first apeared. That being said, I would never think about getting rid of my Breakout. I live in NE Ohio and its cold and snowy.
i probably wouldn't have so much time to stress over the little things if I was actually riding. I traded a mint condition 07 FXSTC in on the breakout and let me tell you it had all the extras you can imagine. even so, I never looked back. Spring is just around the corner and a few hrs. riding will melt away the bad feelings just like the snow. all in all the Breakout is an awesome looking/performing/riding machine. It is the first year of a new model and the parts like aftermarket exhaust will catch up soon.

My wife reminds me all the time to stop stressing and if something goes wrong, well thats what the warranty is for.

Hey CVObreak.  i am down in columbus, and our stories are very similar.  I had an '08 FXSTC custom tricked out as well, 103 c.i. big bore HD limited edition paint tins, etc.  Traded on the Breakout and while I thought my FXSTC was the perfect Softail, the Breakout handles better with the wider front tire....
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 09:52:38 PM »

I traded the FLHX to get the Breakout....I wish I could have kept both, but I could only afford one or the other.  I suppose I could have taken out a loan on the Breakout, but I believe that something like a Breakout.....a toy...should be paid off.

That depends, IMO.  I got 1.75% interest through a credit union for 5 years on my Breakout.....I make WAY more than that keeping my cash right where it is.

The rates you can get nowadays are insane.....
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2013, 07:06:22 AM »

It could be 0%....the wife needs a new truck and we are trying for our 1st kid.....there is no second bike in my future  :o

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2013, 07:27:15 PM »

It could be 0%....the wife needs a new truck and we are trying for our 1st kid.....there is no second bike in my future  :o

Nicky, Keep the Breakout.  There will always be issues, that's what the warranty is for.  I think you are getting second thoughts because you haven't been able to ride her.  Once you get a bunch of miles on her, you won't want another.  BTW, i just passed 2000 miles  :D
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

G_Fend

• Full CVO Member
  • FXSBSE

• CVO1: '13 CVO Breakout (Crimson Red)
    • CVO2: '05 FXD
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2013, 07:57:04 PM »

BTW, i just passed 2000 miles  :D

Rub it in!  8)
2013 CVO Breakout FXSBSE
Crimson Red Sunglo
Quick Release Windshield
Engine Guard with Slipstream Highway Pegs
V&H Slash-cut Slip-ons

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2013, 08:29:55 PM »

Sell it now before something horrible happens and you end up hating yourself.  :'(
Jesus is Lord

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2013, 08:43:53 PM »

Sell it now before something horrible happens and you end up hating yourself.  :'(

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2013, 09:27:18 PM »

Keep the Breakout. Count your blessings it could have went down like a lot of guys on here with 2011 SEUC the paint was perfect until while riding at speed the wheel weight came off and made dents in a lot of front fenders... :nixweiss: Thats what the MOCO meant when they said "no two paint jobs are alike". Some look great, some look like chit!
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 24 queries.