Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 06 engine upgrades  (Read 2538 times)

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
Re: 06 engine upgrades
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2013, 12:08:17 AM »

Ok. Fixed that.    Thanks for pointing that out.  :)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2013, 01:36:53 AM »

Some of it has to do with the tuner, and just as important the actual dyno itself. I've known situations where the exact same bike, on two different dynos produced different numbers. 94/99 on one, and 101/107 on another. It's all relative. If you like the way the bike runs, that's all that matters.

And like the man said, a difference of a few on hp/tq is not going to be discernable when you ride it.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

hverbakel

• Full CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2006 CVO Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 2001 Screamin Eagle Road Glide
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2013, 01:40:38 AM »

I should have mentioned that I also have the power commander. I am guessing that I should be able to bump up the torque range from the current 108 to the 115-120 range by simply replacing the head gasket. That cost should be minimal and I could do that myself.
06 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic
01 Screaming Eagle Roadglide

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 03:19:53 AM »

I have the same bike, similar mods and also have a Power Commander, my numbers are right in line with yours also, unless the moon is full and the stars are all aligned!

Like someone has suggested, you can get the same bike getting different results, sometimes it can just depend on the weather!

I agree with the others here... especially when it comes to the dyno and tuning... but I doubt you'd climb up to 12 ft lbs with just a gasket change, I don't think you'd get that much if you even milled the head too... but half the fun is opening it up and playing around... I always worry about what I'll find this time though!

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2013, 07:17:18 AM »

Some of it has to do with the tuner, and just as important the actual dyno itself. I've known situations where the exact same bike, on two different dynos produced different numbers. 94/99 on one, and 101/107 on another. It's all relative. If you like the way the bike runs, that's all that matters.

And like the man said, a difference of a few on hp/tq is not going to be discernable when you ride it.

EXACTALLY!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2013, 07:32:49 AM »

Doc,

Typically on the 4 I have owned they put out roughly 94 hp / 98 torque.  with A/C and Pipe and Tune.

Harry out of the 5 I have owned they all ran great. 4-2004's and 1-2005. I ran the same setup on all of them with the exception of fuel management. I ran either a Thunder Max or a Power Commander. Ole punkin got 3 trips to the dyno in one week and all the numbers were exactally the same. The first one was at American Pro Street Cycles then Zippers and finally on John Goldens Dyno in Myrtle Beach in front a few members from this board. Everyone wanted to see over 100 HP and they did. Punkin again was 104/105. I am not sure if the fuel management was the difference or not or the weather was right on everytime. Frederick HD did the map on the power commander and the numbers on the other bike was exactally the same. Sooooo who really knows.

Now getting back to the question at hand. If I was going to pull the heads and change to 030 cometics I would also send the heads out and at LEAST clean them up. If the bike has any miles on it have them freshened up while they are off the bike. Then you will see a difference. It may not be a big difference but you will see something. If they go through the heads you will have the chance to have them set up for a higher lift cam in the future. In your bagger if you find a cam with a lot of lift and lower duration you will have a TQ monster. Oh and TQ is the number most overlooked!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2013, 07:42:11 AM »

Remember we are comparing a bit of green apples vs red apples here in talking 103 vs 110.  The 103 with a 5 speed is hard to compare to a 110 with a 6 speed.

Stock my 06, 103 with air cleaner and SE slip on's made 94/101 tuned by Bob at RC Cycles.  It ran very well and I was happy till I lost the rear inner cam bearing (thank you HD for the crap parts) and the motorself destructed.

Now I have a 103 built (2008) by Brad at Yuill Bros in Reno, Yuill Bros YB13 gear drive cams, 1.94" intake, ports just cleaned not ported, .030" head gasket, 10.5:1, SE air cleaner and Yuill Bors true duals.  It makes 104 / 114 and seat of the pants it feels like 120/120 as compared to my 09 Ultra with a new 107, ported heads, Fueling 575 cams and Fullsac C Pipe with 2" baffles that makes 106/113.  And I have the 30 tooth sprocket on the 09.

Put the dyno sheets away, ride them and compare them.  I will take my 103 every day over the 107.

Well not a big difference. They both run the same stroke and the difference is a 3.875 to a 4.00 bore. I would have never guessed the HP numbers would be so low compared to the early 103's. But the TQ numbers were a little higher. I agree though GIVE ME AN EARLY 103 any day!!!!! Oh and with a good torrington cam bearing!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 20 queries.