Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Another Tuner and Pipe Question  (Read 3679 times)

CVOBreak

• Full CVO Member
Re: Another Tuner and Pipe Question
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2013, 11:10:43 PM »

I'm certainly not a tuner guru, but I can tell you that the 18mm O2's would allow you to use the PV Autotune Pro(assuming you are going with a PV).  The autotune basic provided as a no cost option with the PV has to make some educated "guesses" regarding the AFM settings at specific RPM/throttle positions due to the narrowband nature of the 12mm stock o2's.  The 18mm's allow the program to access much more AFM info, and provide a much more accurate tune.  That's how the guys at DynoJet explained it to me...

This summer I may actually try that myself in oder to use the PV autotune pro.

OH, also keep in mind, if you don't already know, if you go with PV and decided to use the Autotune Pro, their kit comes with a module that MUST remain on the bike.  The PV console itself does not have to remain, but a small module does, so you will need to find a spot under the seat or elsewhere to mount it...

Jeff

Talked to Dynojet today and they told me that the autotune pro will also reach maximum tune and can be removed. it does not continue to tune as you ride. in other words if you changed altitude drastically you would have to autotune it again. I asked that specific question. I don't believe it is designed to constantly update the tune as you ride. as explained to me you have to run both the basic and the pro (with the module) in autotune and the flash the ECM. at least that is what I was told.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
Re: Another Tuner and Pipe Question
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 11:34:14 PM »

Talked to Dynojet today and they told me that the autotune pro will also reach maximum tune and can be removed. it does not continue to tune as you ride. in other words if you changed altitude drastically you would have to autotune it again. I asked that specific question. I don't believe it is designed to constantly update the tune as you ride. as explained to me you have to run both the basic and the pro (with the module) in autotune and the flash the ECM. at least that is what I was told.
Correct.  I don't think either of these modes "tunes" as you ride.  it collects information and performs analysis based on how you are riding.  You then have to kill the autotune, save it to a memory position, then load it to the ECU in order to enjoy the results of the autotune...sounds kind of involved, and it's a few steps, but once you AT a few times, it's like second nature...
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 24 queries.