Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: curve ball today, am I out of my mind?  (Read 8073 times)

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
Re: curve ball today, am I out of my mind?
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2013, 09:25:28 PM »

I will check in tomorrow night and let you know what I think.  Bike has to blow me away with comfort, I know the ride and engineering will be great.  We will see, I understand the buy/sell concept but I won't be able to replace my FLHTCUSE because it was a one year deal.  I have to take that into consideration too.  Check in Thursday night.
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Ohio phil

• C-YA
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2013, 06:04:14 AM »

Dude get red of that Harley and get you a poser glide it will fit you better

bostonCVO

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2013, 08:33:40 AM »

I have owned a few different brand bikes Harleys, Ducati, Honda and BMW. I sold my Ducati MultiStrada and My BMW k11200LT end of 2011 to buy the K1600GTL. Probably the most amazing motorcycle; power ,handling, low speed balance and technology ...all unreal. But it was not perfect. The transmission has a odd clunk and I don't think that has been corrected. Wind protection was not as good ( better than most bikes) as the LT and the straight cut gears had an annoying wine. The top box (tour pack) looks like  a tacked on tumor and it shook when riding and did i mention I rode it way too fast. But the nail in the coffin for my K16 was passenger comfort, my wife also was not happy on the K16. She sat up too high, got blasted by wind and general was just not comfortable on the bike (she loved the LT). When it was just me I take the tour pack off and it was the best bike on the plant for pure capability and it was a blast to ride. To me it is a one up sport touring bike and if that is what you want there is none better by a large margin. But if you don't need/want the sport part and you want momma to be comfy and you like your ride with some style and street cred well it Harley all the way.

Bottom line I traded the K16 for a 2013 in atomic orange RG CVO. And yes style and that special Harley feel had something to do with it as well.

bostonCVO

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2013, 11:47:01 AM »

By the way have to agree with geezerglide. As a straight up touring bike nothing beats the 2009 K1200LT especially 2 up.  It was an orca at slow speeds but if the wife could have any bike back it would be that one, it was one comfy bike.

Rio

• 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2013, 12:04:13 PM »

One caveot!  My wife does not ride with me :P  She is a terrible passenger, she is very nervous and she talks too much!  I ride alone so I can relax and listen to music and enjoy the solitude with my friends......when we stop
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2013, 12:28:05 PM »

When it was just me I take the tour pack off and it was the best bike on the plant for pure capability and it was a blast to ride. To me it is a one up sport touring bike and if that is what you want there is none better by a large margin. But if you don't need/want the sport part and you want momma to be comfy and you like your ride with some style and street cred well it Harley all the way.

As bostonCVO and Rio mention their wives like mine do not want to ride pillion. I do the same as bostonCVO, I take off the Top Box (Tour Pak) and install a Forth Worth rack which covers the rear fender area and if need be place a T Bag on, the saddle bags are big enough to hold a lot of gear. The Top Box weighs approx. 40 lbs. That make the K1200 LT handle like a sports bike.

geezerglide

Rio

• 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2013, 07:07:26 PM »

Very easy decision....NO WAY, not for me!  The bike was incredible to ride, the handling and the technology, balance, it was unbelievable.  The place was busy, I walked away from the bike to talk to my friend who rode up on his Ultra, I turned and looked at the BMW, and it did nothing for me.  I looked at the people in their Kevelar outfits and said this isn't me!  I like my loud, awesome to look at and clean, fun to ride, gets noticed Harley Davidson.  I was impressed with the BMW bike, but I will stick with their cars and keep my  FLHTCUSE.  Chit, the thing was so quiet that I was afraid no one would hear me or see me, the sterio system was terrible, plus I would look funny with a sleeveless t-shirt and my tatoos.  Thanks for the advice. 
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

NYSport

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Road Glide, Skunk
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2013, 07:53:55 PM »

I smile every time I look in the garage.  I love the feel, comfort and sound of my HD! 
Former US Army
160th Little Bird Pilot

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO Maroon / Burgundy
    • CVO2: 2013 Road Glide orange / grey
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra with sidecar silver/black
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2013, 07:59:39 PM »

That's awesome Rio............interesting what we find out about ourselves!!!

CVO Brian

• Full CVO Member
  • Baggers- Not just for grandpa anymore

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Orange and Black
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2013, 08:05:20 PM »

AH, Another satisfied customer!!! And just one more note, We are all cool or and have been cool guys at one point in our lives, but those of us who say that riding a Harley Davidson Motorcycle over any other Motorcycle in the world doesn't have anything to do with being cool ( Confident,chest pumping, cocky, etc... ) is kidding yourself.
V&H True Duals
Rinehart 4" Chrome Pipes
Trucklite ph 7 w/ passing lamps
Pollished front rotors
SE Race Tuner
SE Chisel Air Cleaner
Wild1 Chubby 578 10" Bars
TP Removal System
CVO SG Stretch Bags and Rear Fender
CVO SG 110 Derby Cover

Rio

• 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2013, 08:29:00 PM »

Ok,  now I need to sell my stock cans with the 2.25 cores, I decided to go with Kerker Stouts, order my Day Makers, get the bike dyno'd and wait for warm weather :2vrolijk_21:
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2013, 08:43:02 PM »

Well, that's good news, Rio!  :orange: :mango: :bananarock: :apple: :jalapeno: :pepper: :2vrolijk_21:

According to some here, HDs aren't for "real" riders (whatever that means), but I agree with you.  Before I chose my SG, I test rode BMW and Victory, the only two other brands that appealed to me.  I always came back to the Harley.  Let's face it, motorcycles are emotional purchases, and few people ever buy one because they NEED one; we buy motorcycles because we WANT them.  

With all the issues I've had with my Harley, I still love it.  I don't know how many miles one has to ride in a year to be considered a "real" rider, but I've had my bike for 18 months, and I'm approaching 20K miles.  I work out of town and am home less than half the time, so I don't get to ride nearly as much as I want, either.  I just love taking long, meaningless rides whenever I can.

With that said, as long as I could keep my SG, I'd buy a K1600GT in a heartbeat, if I knew I wouldn't be kicked out of my house.  :oops:  Ain't gonna happen.  :(

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2013, 08:54:10 PM »

I think you made the right choice, life is to short to do something just because its the smart or right thing...........wheres you heart, must be with HD.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

fresh oil and pipes

• Enjoying Life More Than Ever!!!!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • RedNecks, White Socks & Blue Ribbon Beer

• CVO1: One of the Fast Green Ones
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2013, 06:08:04 PM »

Lots of bikes. Lots of riding styles. Lots of attitudes. Lots of reasons to own and bike. I do a lot of 1000 plus mile per day rides on my HD (does that make me a real rider? LOL). Riding the HD is a total experience (for me anyway) things have happened to me on a HD that have never happened on any other kind of bike I have been on. Having said all that stuff I ride HD because that is what I want to ride at this point in my life. You should step out and do the same.
"Let's Roll" Life is Short, Choose your Battles Wisely "Let's Roll"

Rio

• 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2013, 06:16:20 PM »

Lots of bikes. Lots of riding styles. Lots of attitudes. Lots of reasons to own and bike. I do a lot of 1000 plus mile per day rides on my HD (does that make me a real rider? LOL). Riding the HD is a total experience (for me anyway) things have happened to me on a HD that have never happened on any other kind of bike I have been on. Having said all that stuff I ride HD because that is what I want to ride at this point in my life. You should step out and do the same.

YES!
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 24 queries.