Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Why not just buy anothe engine?  (Read 5231 times)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Re: Why not just buy anothe engine?
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2013, 12:23:13 AM »

Huntington Beach Hogs and Choppers is doing the work with the heads from Tman that are in the Thumper Series kit.http://tmanperformance.com/?kits=cvo-street-performer-kit&pi=kits,kits-2
Alan

long124

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2013, 01:06:44 PM »

SDCVO go to T-Man's facebook page and scroll down a little, there's a Glide there thats just had some 124 work done.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2013, 12:08:53 AM »

TR told me about it and I considered shipping my bike to them to duplicate but just too much for me for time down, money and "what could possibly go wrong" with shipping my bike almost 2000 miles and getting a completely new motor installed...
Alan

long124

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2013, 08:13:27 PM »

I understand, If you have someone you've dealt with before and trust their skills you should ok. Attention to details makes the difference in the end, whether it's in assembly or dyno tuning. T-Man's shop is great at both.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2013, 10:56:50 PM »

Im sure of that! I don't have anyone out here... TR at T man is who introduced me to the guy I am going to use. I have been trying to find someone on my own out here and have not had any luck. As I said, I was tempted to just ship my bike out east but just too difficult. I don't think TR would have hooked me up with Ed at HBHC if he wasn't confident he was the guy. I certainly hope so!!
Alan

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2013, 11:48:25 AM »

Hog95023,

My S&S 124, which is the fully assembled motor using the SE cases ended up using the Bassani Road Rage 2 - B1 system.  Everything went smooth with the exception on the exhaust choice.  I originally wanted the Drago 2 into 1 which has nice clean lines but for one reason or another it didn't fit according to the installer.  The fitment issues came about due to the S&S having a much larger cam cover than the 120R or the S&S 124 built from the various kits.  I did not want the D&D and time was running out so I took a chance and had the Bassani installed.   My opinion will most likely differ from most folks but I can't put into words how much I dislike the Bassani.  I don't care for the sound at all, it looks cheaply made, has some ripples on one of the sharp bends that the shields do not cover.  The mounting system to the frame looks like a first time attempt at attaching a system to the frame.  The shields make checking the nuts on the exhaust flange almost impossible to reach with the shields on.   Don't even try to check your fluids unless it has cooled down or you will get a nice burn on your hand that matches mine.  Really, a system that is on the market that makes checking fluids difficult, I was told that there was no issue.  I guess there right just don't check it or supply thin asbestos gloves.  Given more time to research I would have made a different choice.  The problem is the 124's that fit the 07's & up have not been around very long so there is not sufficient info out just yet. By the way the you tube sounds of the various exhaust systems differ greatly from the clip to live sound.  I will have to live with the exhaust because my spending is done for some time.  My funds are exhausted, pun intended. 

I took Dewey's advice to go with the 124 vs having a 117" built.  No regrets on that decision. 

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 24 queries.