Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: My baby Scarlett is with Steve George now!  (Read 3834 times)

Kilaani

• Scarlett - The Bike On Fire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • CVOH! My Scarlett built 3-13-12, & arrived 6-1-12
My baby Scarlett is with Steve George now!
« on: April 16, 2013, 01:46:21 AM »

Can't wait for tomorrow afternoon. It is going to be awesome! We decided on the Andrews 57h cams and then we don't have to do something with the gasket, and it'll work better. We also decided 2" baffles would be better for me than the 2.25". Ken, Alice is going to send you your tshirt.
My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
Re: My baby Scarlett is with Steve George now!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 08:41:34 AM »

You're in good hands, Jill. You won't recognize Scarlett when Steve gets done with her. She will have a LOT more usable power and will she will run MUCH cooler with the X-pipe and the 57H cams. Scarlett's engine will be very happy!

I haven't read much here from people who are running the 57H cams. I spoke with a guy at Andrews about them several months back about the difference between the 54Hs I used to run and the 57Hs. The wide lobes of the 57Hs increase the dwell, which helps improve breathing even more than the 54Hs. The guy told me they designed them for the 103 engine, but found that they perform very well in the 110. These cams are "mid-range" cams... so don't be afraid to wind up the engine. They should come in strong by about 2700 and will pull hard to red line. From 2700 up is where the most FUN is with this setup!

I agree that the 2" baffles are the best choice for you. They will give better low-end torque than the 2.25" baffles, and will not be quite as loud.

Not doing the Cometic head gaskets makes the job simpler and less time consuming. You won't get the extra 2-3 HP the increased squish would provide, but unless you ride like me (not bloody likely!) you'd probably never even notice it.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE INSTALL!

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 11:23:53 AM »

Jill, So excited to hear this news!  Please keep us posted after you get a chance to ride her.  :P. And Ken is right, "not bloody likely you ride like Ken."   :P
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Kilaani

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 06:43:22 PM »

Steve said he would post my before and after Dino sheet. Before it was something like 90 and 107 after today's It was 108 and 118? forgive me if i have the numbers wrong. Anyway I'm sure Steve will send me right. I love it so far man when I have it around third and the 3000 feel the POwER. Riding back on 40 to topic the up through oat an for fun then swing back thru Kingman, whoot!
My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.

LovemyCVOgirl

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 06:49:21 PM »

Steve said he would post my before and after Dino sheet. Before it was something like 90 and 107 after today's It was 108 and 118? forgive me if i have the numbers wrong. Anyway I'm sure Steve will send me right. I love it so far man when I have it around third and the 3000 feel the POwER. Riding back on 40 to topic the up through oat an for fun then swing back thru Kingman, whoot!

Look at that smile on your face!  It must be an awesome ride.  :P.  Are you happy with the exhaust?  Is it loud enough for you?

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 08:24:12 PM »

Those are good numbers, Jill! Betcha it runs a lot cooler now, too! Congrats!

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Kilaani

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 11:52:01 AM »

I did notice a much better power feel in 2nd and third especially. Had Scarlett cruising at 100mph, but when I went up to 110 I noticed a really obvious front wheel wobble, is this normal or just due to high winds? I love it so far. Steve explained it wouldn't be as loud as I really want but performance kicks butt. When I rev, is does get a much nicer growls rumble, but at regular cruising very nice for still listening to the stereo. Was chilly riding home yesterday, and Steve also took out the fairing doors, said that, too, will help performance with more air. Since its vegas, rarely cold enough that those doors make any difference, just looks a little odd, I have to get used to it! Love Steve, great expert, friendly and very helpful to a noob like me! Lake Havasu was very cool too. Stayed at a super hotel.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 11:53:41 AM by Kilaani »

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 12:16:47 PM »

Jill Duncan's 2012 CVO street Glide, Ruby Red? It was bitchin red for sure.

Parts list:
Fullsac DX Pipe, Monster Rounds with Fullsac 2.0 cores and sleeves.
Andrews 57 cams, Woods lifters, stock pushrods, stock AC. TTS tuning software.

Before and after dyno chart attached,

Jill, It was a pleasure meeting and working for you. I should have never rode your bike with the stereo on, that ones going to cost me!
Glad you enjoyed your stay in Lake Havasu.

As always, Special thanks to the very feminine Jill Duncan of Las Vegas for riding with a Fullsac! Sorry Jill, I had to say it.
Have fun and ride safe. No wheelies!

Steve George
Fullsac Performance
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

Kilaani

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 12:26:45 PM »

Well, secretly, I wanted to be louder than my husband's street bob, but, I guess it's only right for my husband to have the louder bike, since his a little beast and mine is a touring lady. He Has the two into two big radius, V&H but as I have stood corrected, they are more about sound.... Long story short, I love she sounds like a lion when I rev her, but purrs along the road. I tell ya, these guys know their stuff. Ken is getting his t-shirt, and I even got 2, one a cute tank, since I didn't really want to go around saying don't ride with a half sac since I am a girl (it's in small writing on the bottom, but still....).the 2" was the best for the bike, especially with my configuration and the Andrews 57h cams. Saved some money without the gasket and labor. That'll give me a few more to spend at Laughlin next week.

Thanks, Steve! Definitely nnooooo wheelies for me!!! You're awesome to work with and Alice was sweet and Bill seemed like a great guy, even about yours and his favorite "vanity plates", lol.

Douglas and I each got the same amount to spend from our tax return,I am sure hoping he finds the wheels he wants at Laughlin. I would sure love to see him become a daily rider. The weather here is so perfect for it.

Look at that smile on your face!  It must be an awesome ride.  :P.  Are you happy with the exhaust?  Is it loud enough for you?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 12:36:29 PM by Kilaani »

Kilaani

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 12:31:32 PM »

Oh yes, Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon. One of 761 produced in that color in the US last year (most exclusive of the 3 colors last year).

The black/diamond slate would be kickass for you, Steve!!!! And the stereo really is a lot of fun!

:::::::::::::::::::::;:::::::::::::

As always, Special thanks to the very feminine Jill Duncan of Las Vegas for riding with a Fullsac! Sorry Jill, I had to say it.

Steve George
Fullsac Performance
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

LovemyCVOgirl

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 12:39:30 PM »

Parts list:
Fullsac DX Pipe, Monster Rounds with Fullsac 2.0 cores and sleeves.
Andrews 57 cams, Woods lifters, stock pushrods, stock AC. TTS tuning software.

Before and after dyno chart attached,

Jill, It was a pleasure meeting and working for you. I should have never rode your bike with the stereo on, that ones going to cost me!
Glad you enjoyed your stay in Lake Havasu.

Steve George
Fullsac Performance

WOW  :pepper: :apple: :pepper: Jill and Steve, those are some great numbers!  You be careful Jill cause its gonna be hard to keep that Lion's front wheel on the ground.  ::). Thanks Steve for helping my friend Jill out with her Scarlett.  :dankk2:  Do you ever make house calls Steve in Ohio?   :lolk: :2vrolijk_20:

LovemyCVOgirl

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 12:41:55 PM »

I did notice a much better power feel in 2nd and third especially. Had Scarlett cruising at 100mph, but when I went up to 110 I noticed a really obvious front wheel wobble, is this normal or just due to high winds? I love it so far. Steve explained it wouldn't be as loud as I really want but performance kicks butt. When I rev, is does get a much nicer growls rumble, but at regular cruising very nice for still listening to the stereo. Was chilly riding home yesterday, and Steve also took out the fairing doors, said that, too, will help performance with more air. Since its vegas, rarely cold enough that those doors make any difference, just looks a little odd, I have to get used to it! Love Steve, great expert, friendly and very helpful to a noob like me! Lake Havasu was very cool too. Stayed at a super hotel.

OMG Jill  :'(. Slow that beast down!  I don't want you to get hurt but I gotta say that was pretty awesome speed!   ;)

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 12:46:00 PM »

WOW  :pepper: :apple: :pepper: Jill and Steve, those are some great numbers!  You be careful Jill cause its gonna be hard to keep that Lion's front wheel on the ground.  ::). Thanks Steve for helping my friend Jill out with her Scarlett.  :dankk2:  Do you ever make house calls Steve in Ohio?   :lolk: :2vrolijk_20:

You have the same Bike too? Your killing me! I have to get one of those 8 speaker CVO Street Glides!

Steve
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

LovemyCVOgirl

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 12:49:02 PM »

You have the same Bike too? Your killing me! I have to get one of those 8 speaker CVO Street Glides!

Steve

Yep, sure do!  And I love my stereo!

Kilaani

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2013, 12:56:25 PM »

Steve

---–-------------------------------

I thought I remembered you saying you always get black bikes.....the black/diamond slate is soooo sweet looking.

It would be my second choice, but not really any choice cuz they will pry Scarlett out of my cold dead hands.  She is IT for me. (Sorry Ken, just don't love the orange like you guys do)

Steve, could you send me the pics of me on the bike? I don't have many at all. Thanks so much!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.242 seconds with 24 queries.