Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: My baby Scarlett is with Steve George now!  (Read 3831 times)

Kilaani

• Scarlett - The Bike On Fire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • CVOH! My Scarlett built 3-13-12, & arrived 6-1-12

Ken and Steve,I did notice a coolness difference with my right leg, until the sun went down near Kingman and I had to stop and layer up, because, damn, that wind made it cold. Seems like there is always a headwind.

Steve, I never did sit on your bike to see how the taller windshield would feel. I sure would like to stop the buffeting, and if it was clear,I don't mind looking through.  That little one on the stock CVO is about worthless and not even high for me and I am 5'4" with a 29 inseam. My nose is at least inches higher, what height is the stock? I thought I heard 4.

As far as looking through the windshield, I am pretty compulsive about keeping Scarlett clean, as you probably noticed. Can anyone say OCD? My DH says I love Scarlett more than I love him, that's just so mean! He's the one that bought the first Harley on a whim, after all. He had no idea what a monster he was creating!

Ride from Topock was cool, though i got confused because they called the exit Golden Shores / Oatman or some such name, but then I saw Topock on a few buildings, and knew i was on the right road. I love going some back roads, even though the road itself was pretty rugged, the ride and views were really cool, and I enjoyed the curves all the way! Plenty of burros out and around in Oatman, but no desire to stop there again. Last year, we drove through during Laughlin and it was nuts packed full of bikers. took my DH there once, but he likes the open road and freeway riding, he doesnt enjoy the curves at all like i do.

Thanks, again, Steve, for the ride route advice. I just didn't want to try Scarlett out on the plain old freeway.I never turndown taking  a road with twisties if I can help it!

Okay,sorry for all the stray thoughts in the intake folder. I reported my wobbling questions in tires,and will drop by the stealership later to see if they can explain it. Obviously, they aren't going to ride it at 110mph, so they will probably just say "unable to find the problem" as usual.

Love ya guys!
My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
Re: My baby Scarlett is with Steve George now!
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 01:27:03 PM »

Nice dirt bike!
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8

Ken and Steve,I did notice a coolness difference with my right leg, until the sun went down near Kingman and I had to stop and layer up, because, damn, that wind made it cold. Seems like there is always a headwind.

Steve, I never did sit on your bike to see how the taller windshield would feel. I sure would like to stop the buffeting, and if it was clear,I don't mind looking through.  That little one on the stock CVO is about worthless and not even high for me and I am 5'4" with a 29 inseam. My nose is at least inches higher, what height is the stock? I thought I heard 4.

As far as looking through the windshield, I am pretty compulsive about keeping Scarlett clean, as you probably noticed. Can anyone say OCD? My DH says I love Scarlett more than I love him, that's just so mean! He's the one that bought the first Harley on a whim, after all. He had no idea what a monster he was creating!

Ride from Topock was cool, though i got confused because they called the exit Golden Shores / Oatman or some such name, but then I saw Topock on a few buildings, and knew i was on the right road. I love going some back roads, even though the road itself was pretty rugged, the ride and views were really cool, and I enjoyed the curves all the way! Plenty of burros out and around in Oatman, but no desire to stop there again. Last year, we drove through during Laughlin and it was nuts packed full of bikers. took my DH there once, but he likes the open road and freeway riding, he doesnt enjoy the curves at all like i do.

Thanks, again, Steve, for the ride route advice. I just didn't want to try Scarlett out on the plain old freeway.I never turndown taking  a road with twisties if I can help it!

Okay,sorry for all the stray thoughts in the intake folder. I reported my wobbling questions in tires,and will drop by the stealership later to see if they can explain it. Obviously, they aren't going to ride it at 110mph, so they will probably just say "unable to find the problem" as usual.

Love ya guys!

Jill, Try out the Freedom Shield's.  Steve is a vendor on the site.  He gives you a discount plus let's you try it out and send it back if it is the wrong size. These shields eliminate all wind buffeting.  :2vrolijk_21:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 02:22:36 PM »

Jill....not answering for Steve, but it is never recommended to look through a windshield.  People do it, but it's not a good idea from a safety point of view.  If you will sit on the bike as you normally do and look at a point about 50 feet in front of the bike, then get someone to either measure from the top outside of the fairing to a point where you can come straight back to somewhere between your mouth and your nose.  Ideally, you want to be able to see that point 50' out looking over the top of the shield.  You can also get a piece of poster board or cardboard and cut out a piece that matches the curvature of the windshield and is about 5" tall, then tape it to the stock shield until you get the right height, then measure.  If you get a shield with a re-curve at the top, it's like having a shield 2" taller.  Clearview, Freedom, Windvest....all those are good ones.

Oh....and don't get a dark tinted shield.  Get one that is light smoke/gray so you can see through it directly in front of the bike when necessary, especially at night.  Get it the right height and your problems will be solved.  The one that comes on the CVO SG is for looks only, IMO.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

ultrarider123

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2013, 03:02:17 PM »

Jill, I've enjoyed reading this thread and glad Steve got your Ruby runnin' right.  The dyno chart says it all, I believe.

Saw your post on the high speed wobble (at 110 or more) and have to agree with all the responses posted to your question on that particular thread.  The new frame on our bikes (09 up) does make a world of difference but the bat wing and that HUGE front fender do not do much in the form of aerodynamics for our beloved HD's.  Better front suspension would help but the geometry of the touring bikes just don't work well at 100 plus sustained speeds.  At least, that's my observations over the years.

Now, windshield.  The Freedom Shields Judy made reference too are great.  I've attached a photo of my 7" screen.  Had the 6" smoked HD wind deflector.  Bought the Freedom shield used (from a forum member).  If I was buying new, I would get the 6" screen.  The 7" is just right below my line of sight (I'm 5'6").  Not a big issue to me as the optics on the Freedom Shield are great.  Also, with the curve in the shield, it eliminiates the reflection of the CVO LED tank light that was reflecting right in the middle of the HD unit.  The pic shows the side of Ginger with the shield and how much curve is in it.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 03:04:36 PM by Haird »

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 06:02:23 PM »

I wish I had one of these pretty Ruby Red/Typhoon maroon SG's (hehe)  :P

I am 5'6" and I run a LRS Ultra 7" recurve with hawg wings. Nice smooth air pocket and plenty of room to see over the top. I could prob run the 8" easily.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Groovy

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2013, 06:01:36 PM »

Jill, I have a similar setup (54cams).  Super fun to ride and 110mph is no problem. My bike (Blue) is stable.  I would have the fall away on the front end checked.  I had an '02 EG that same high speed wobble at 100+.  Had the dealer adjust the fall away and grease the steering.  (Seems we all forget about that fitting up there).  Front end never wobbled again.  The old style rubber mount frame would rear steer in hard cornering.  These new frames are rock solid.

Enjoy Scarlett!  Shiny side up!  :2vrolijk_21:

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2013, 07:52:08 PM »

I have the 7" Long Rider Shield with the recurve on the Honey Badger, and I love it. Makes the wind go up and over your helmet. No buffeting.

I have done 120 on the HB (not sayin' where...) and it is rock solid. Like others said here and in your wobble thread, check the front end fall away and the torque on the neck.

The New Scarlett sounds pretty sweet! For a non-orange SESG...  8)

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Kilaani

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2013, 03:42:49 PM »

[/quote]

Jill Duncan's 2012 CVO street Glide, Ruby Red? It was bitchin red for sure.

Love my red Scarlett. Went on a ride with 2 friends that have midnight blue and red ember regular Street Glides. Scarlett is the attention getter wherever we go. Nice growly sound when I pour on the throttle, very responsive.

Fullsac DX Pipe, V&H HO Rounds with Fullsac 2.0 cores and sleeves.
Andrews 57 cams, Woods lifters, TTS tuning software.
My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2013, 05:38:34 PM »

Jill Duncan's 2012 CVO street Glide, Ruby Red? It was bitchin red for sure.

Love my red Scarlett. Went on a ride with 2 friends that have midnight blue and red ember regular Street Glides. Scarlett is the attention getter wherever we go. Nice growly sound when I pour on the throttle, very responsive.

Fullsac DX Pipe, V&H HO Rounds with Fullsac 2.0 cores and sleeves.
Andrews 57 cams, Woods lifters, TTS tuning software.

Just kidding, Jill! But you're right... our FLHXSE3s are attention-getters everywhere we go, for sure!  :orange: :apple: :jalapeno: :2vrolijk_21:

The MoCo seems to have gotten pretty much everything right with these bikes... notwithstanding the MASSIVE amount of mods some of us have done...  :-\

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Kilaani

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2014, 06:33:21 PM »

Just kidding, Jill! But you're right... our FLHXSE3s are attention-getters everywhere we go, for sure!  :orange: :apple: :jalapeno: :2vrolijk_21:

The MoCo seems to have gotten pretty much everything right with these bikes... notwithstanding the MASSIVE amount of mods some of us have done...  :-\

Ken

Hey! I posted to the wrong topic, but thought this would be worth resurrecting as I am taking Scarlett (with Harry, too) to update to 2.25 cores and get a checkup with SG.

Also getting used to this Tapatalk.....
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 07:08:40 PM by Kilaani »

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2014, 11:48:59 PM »

i hears steve is gonna do a 21/2" core...   maybe you should look at that,,,  just saying,, 8) ::)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 06:45:43 PM by cvostu »

Kilaani

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2014, 09:43:22 AM »

i hears steve is gonna do a 21/2" core...   maybe you should ooh at that,,,  just saying,, 8) ::)

I know, talked to him about just that. However, I am sticking with his professional opinion that he would prefer the 2.25 for mine, perhaps no packing to make a lil louder, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2014, 11:24:39 AM »

Ok I am roughly 5' 6" with less than 30" inseam and I don't like looking through windshields so I have had a couple cut down over the years. What I do is place a couple inch long piece of scotch tape where I think I want the top edge and then take several rides and adjust pretending the top edge of the tape would be the top of the shield until I am satisfied and then have it cut. This simple method has always worked for me. As it turned out my 07 shield has been just about right for me although the curve at the top interests me just have never tried one. Good luck with yours.

Kilaani

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2014, 12:50:15 PM »

Ok I am roughly 5' 6" with less than 30" inseam and I don't like looking through windshields so I have had a couple cut down over the years. What I do is place a couple inch long piece of scotch tape where I think I want the top edge and then take several rides and adjust pretending the top edge of the tape would be the top of the shield until I am satisfied and then have it cut. This simple method has always worked for me. As it turned out my 07 shield has been just about right for me although the curve at the top interests me just have never tried one. Good luck with yours.

I know I was on multiple subjects this thread. I just stuck with the stock as when I measured, it came out right where it's supposed to be. Thx!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 20 queries.