Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need 09'SEUC Clutch Lever/Part Number  (Read 1260 times)

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
Need 09'SEUC Clutch Lever/Part Number
« on: April 26, 2013, 10:17:46 PM »

Took a short ride this afternoon to get a haircut, didn't wear any gloves kept feeling something on the clutch lever like three or four bumps. I thought it was some bugs or dirt, after I stopped took a look and the chrome is bubbled up like there is something under the chrome. I checked the parts finder online but the part number it showed 38774-08 was an invalid number when I checked Surdyke. Need a little help from the members. Would like to know the correct part number and how many years were they the same. Mine is 09' FLHTCUSE4, I think 2010 CUSE5 might be the same, don't know about others. Did anyone change out the OEM levers and have one they would sell? Thanks for any feedback.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Need 09'SEUC Clutch Lever/Part Number
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 10:54:44 PM »

I checked Surdyke, New Castle, and another online dealership and none of them showed the part being obsolete.  Double check with your local dealer, but as best I can tell the 38774-08 is still a good part number.  The lever changed in the middle of the 2010 model run when they changed the master cylinder, I don't know if that one will work on your '09 or not.

Jerry

btw, one of the sites actually noted the part was made in Taiwan.  So it's not surprising the chrome plating has failed.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
Re: Need 09'SEUC Clutch Lever/Part Number
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 11:02:57 PM »

I checked Surdyke, New Castle, and another online dealership and none of them showed the part being obsolete.  Double check with your local dealer, but as best I can tell the 38774-08 is still a good part number.  The lever changed in the middle of the 2010 model run when they changed the master cylinder, I don't know if that one will work on your '09 or not.

Jerry

btw, one of the sites actually noted the part was made in Taiwan.  So it's not surprising the chrome plating has failed.
Thanks Jerry, I knew you would have an answer. Maybe I fat fingured the number when I looked it up, I'll check again. Maybe someone has one they don't need.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 20 queries.